SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-09-17, 06:48 PM   #1
vamac53
Sailor man

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Default new orders

in career mode. I went from pearl to Okinawa/ inserted agent. then to e. china sea, and phillipines. sunk 223000 tons. only had 1 aft fish left. refitted at midway. how do I getnew orders ?

thx

mac
vamac53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-17, 06:56 PM   #2
fireftr18
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77

The little "messages" button on the lower left. Push it and a clipboard looking thing will pop up. On it, push the "status" button. Or just go to your home port and end the patrol.
Old 04-09-17, 06:59 PM   #3
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

If you "Sent" a radio report, and they just said something to the effect: "continue as you are, or return to base", then you'll not get anymore orders. You can go back out on your own, and look for more targets, or "End Patrol" at your Home Port, which is signified with the tilted anchor on the Chart screen. If it's Midway, click on the anchor in the upper right corner of the screen, and this time, choose "End Patrol". You'll be back in the Captain's Room at the base, and you can go right back out. It'll be 14 days later, but you can go back out...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-17, 04:13 AM   #4
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community And SH4 > vamac53
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Support The New SH4 Mega Mod Project FOTRSU > 100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v0.56 PublicBeta_EN
Steam Conversion SH4 Installation Instructions By ValoWay
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-17, 08:50 AM   #5
spccolts
Watch

Downloads: 34
Default You don't need your stinky orders

I personally would rather do my own thing. I use Comsubpac orders as toilet paper!!
spccolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-17, 11:20 AM   #6
vamac53
Sailor man

lol. too funny

mac
Old 06-18-17, 11:03 AM   #7
vamac53
Sailor man

Default end patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
If you "Sent" a radio report, and they just said something to the effect: "continue as you are, or return to base", then you'll not get anymore orders. You can go back out on your own, and look for more targets, or "End Patrol" at your Home Port, which is signified with the tilted anchor on the Chart screen. If it's Midway, click on the anchor in the upper right corner of the screen, and this time, choose "End Patrol". You'll be back in the Captain's Room at the base, and you can go right back out. It'll be 14 days later, but you can go back out...

do ineed to go to port i started from, or can i end patrol at midway, or dutch harbor?
Old 06-18-17, 11:27 AM   #8
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

To re-fit (fuel and ammo), you only need a "friendly" base, as denoted on the Navigation Chart map with the upright anchors. If you're based at Pearl, Midway is good, or Fremantle, Brisbane, Dutch Harbor, and others as the game progresses. To "End Patrol", you need your "Home Base", which is the tilted anchor. If you start in Manila, it will change to Surabaya then to Fremantle, and you may or may not notice the passage of the message in the text box and / or radio messages. I've missed it more than once.

In the stock game, and some of the mods, there is like a two or three day pauses between bases, so you might see that Manila disappears as a base, and two or three days later, Surabaya is now "Home", and when it disappears, it'll be a few days before Fremantle shows as "Home". I do not recall the exact time frames involved, and I also do not know if it's intentional that it happens like that, to simulate the bases actually moving operations, or if it's because of a calendar problem... Some one has probably mentioned the "why" elsewhere in a post on this site...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote