SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-11-16, 09:19 PM   #16
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfon View Post
It is probable that it will be displayed correctly next time i sink a M02X.
I hope so, but I'm not sure it will happen. My skills lie mainly in making lists. I don't have a complete understanding of how these things work.

Quote:
I've gone through the listings of English Names.cfg. There is no other identical entry. Is there any other .cfg file i should check?
Not that I know of. Sorry.

Quote:
P.S. It is not a big deal if a type of ship doesn't show up correctly.
It's a big deal to me. I wish it always worked the way it's supposed to, and I wish I knew all the answers to things like this. I don't, but I keep trying to learn.

Quote:
Sorry to bother you. I was just curious to find out what happened.
No bother at all. I'm on Subsim every single day, and I like it when things work, and I like to be able to help. I'm sorry I wasn't more help this time.
Old 01-12-16, 04:44 AM   #17
ivanov.ruslan
The Old Man

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 0

Quote:
tomfon: Is there any other .cfg file i should check?
What language play?
ivanov.ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-16, 05:06 AM   #18
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 178
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanov.ruslan View Post
What language play?
English,is the language.

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

Mods for SH3
tomfon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-16, 08:22 AM   #19
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
It's a big deal to me. I wish it always worked the way it's supposed to, and I wish I knew all the answers to things like this. I don't, but I keep trying to learn.

No bother at all. I'm on Subsim every single day, and I like it when things work, and I like to be able to help. I'm sorry I wasn't more help this time.
It's OK SS. The good news are that the "Leonidas" type is displayed in the museum with no further problems. Let's wait and see. The other way is that i could make a small mission just to sink the "Leonidas" type and see if it will be showed as "Leonidas" or "M02X" in the list of sunken ships. But to be honest i won't do this for the time being.

Cheers!

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

Mods for SH3
Old 01-18-16, 06:15 AM   #20
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Hey, Sailor Steve. I encountered The "Leonidas" type in a convoy. It seems that the quick fix worked out well. I didn't sink it so as to verify whether it will be registered as "Leonidas" or "M02X" but i think there will be no further problems.

Just this. Thought you might want to know.

Mods for SH3
Old 01-18-16, 01:03 PM   #21
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Good to hear. Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 01-18-16, 01:36 PM   #22
tomfon
Grey Wolf

You're welcome.

Mods for SH3
Old 01-18-16, 07:54 PM   #23
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658

Steve, will your "Ship Names April 2015" mod work with all of the SH3 Super Mods?

And one little question. I'm not being picky but am wondering...... Why flags on the ship's sides fore and aft, and not on the mast? Or am I just seeing things?

And thanks for your hard work on this. Much much better than the way it is done in the vanilla SH3.

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-16, 08:57 PM   #24
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1755

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
Steve, will your "Ship Names April 2015" mod work with all of the SH3 Super Mods?

And one little question. I'm not being picky but am wondering...... Why flags on the ship's sides fore and aft, and not on the mast? Or am I just seeing things?

And thanks for your hard work on this. Much much better than the way it is done in the vanilla SH3.
You see that alot even to this day. Merchant shipping with the flags of the registering country painted on the sides. It isn't uncommon. And i think you have the MFM skins if I'm correct. IABL was pretty comprehensive when he made that mod.
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-16, 09:14 PM   #25
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
It works exclusively with SH3 Commander, and replaces the Ship Names files in that program. This places it outside of SH3 proper, so yes, it will work with any supermod or no supermod at all, as long as Commander is set up properly.

Quote:
Neutral ships made as big a display as possible of their nationality, so there would be no mistake. The flags and registries on the sides are a function of the MFM skins while the flags on the masts are applied by SH3 itself, so it is entirely possible to have the hull say one country and the flag another.
Old 01-23-16, 02:04 PM   #26
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Hey, Sailor Steve.

While the "Leonidas class" is now properly registered in my logs, it seems that there is another type of ship missing, i guess.

Any idea on how to fix this?

Mods for SH3

Last edited by tomfon; 01-23-16 at 02:09 PM.
Old 06-11-16, 11:17 AM   #27
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfon View Post
Any idea on how to fix this?
I'm sorry it took me six months to read this. I somehow completely forgot about it, and only noticed it now because I was showing a new member that he didn't have to try to do this because it was already done.

Yes, I have an idea how to fix it. It seems that while I was tying the 'X' classes to the 'B' classes I simply missed that one. The class name and Ship Names are tied to two different files, so you got one but not the other. Go into the Ship Names file in Commander, scroll down and add M31X=M31B.
Old 06-13-16, 04:41 PM   #28
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Thanks a lot. Your reply solved the issue.

Regards,
tomfon

Mods for SH3
Old 04-14-17, 02:48 AM   #29
Solyom2
Watch

Downloads: 40

Hi!

I installed your ship names mod last year. Its great work!
In the last days, I started to seach a net, and i found ships that arent in the database. I collect them in an excel table, and I would like to add them to the game.

I examined the Ship names cfg. Its a littly tricky for me first time.

I found class names like
[KMCSHeito]
[NTSHP]

But I guess the [GerenericMerhcantsAndTankers ] is neither used.

These classes aren't in the game, so I guess the yill never appear (I play MFM + GWX).
I would like to add them to a ingame Ship class, so they will be used.

Is it possible without crashing the game?
Solyom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-17, 10:53 AM   #30
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Generic Merchants was the file used when they first created SH3 Commander. They had all the ship classes that were in the game but had a lot more names which they didn't know where they should go, so they created the 'Generic' classes. That is exactly why I started the Ship Names mod back in 2008 - to have classes those names could fit into. Originally there were something like 9,000 names in the file. I got it down to a few hundred as I found out what those ships looked like. The others are all in one of the game classes or one of the MFM classes. I had eventually hoped to move all the ships, so the Generic file wouldn't be necessary. My goal was to add them in properly, not just pick a file at random. To that end I purchased several books and used a couple of websites to determine what they looked like.

That said, it should still work even with so few names.