SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-05-08, 12:30 PM   #151
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

You're the one who used the term 'bs'.

And I'm an outsider here.
Old 01-05-08, 12:40 PM   #152
Sakura551
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve

I know how this must look to you, but you don't know the half of it.

But honestly, I just don't care any more because I have permanently stopped releasing mods for SH3 and I plan on not posting in the SH3 forums any more. I am done with it. That should make the GWX team pretty happy. They have just about stomped out most of the best independent modders who decided to not join their 'team'.

Congrats guys.

I'm sure Neal will eventually lock this thread. Oh well, maybe that's for the best.
Old 01-05-08, 12:49 PM   #153
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve

Your wasting your breath Steve

When the great * (....don't worry folks the name will more than likely be made public eventually) comes on he snipes at anyone who disagrees with him and isn't prepared to pay homage:

The GWX Crew never attack anyone first.....we only respond when provoked.

This must be the 5th or 6th time you've made that retirement announcement

<Sigh> So much for the peaceful new year....I just knew someone would come along and spoil it

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)

Last edited by Jimbuna; 01-05-08 at 01:25 PM.
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-08, 01:09 PM   #154
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura551
I'm sure Neal will eventually lock this thread. Oh well, maybe that's for the best.
:hmm: Maybe he will but I hope you have changed your IP addy at the same time as taking on the new identity because second accounts that are used to bait & flame are not looked upon very well at Subsim.
Old 01-05-08, 05:50 PM   #155
Badger Finn
Watch Officer

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0

I tried the LRT 1.35 with GWX 2.0 unfortunatly SH wouldnt load up.

Tried a few different sequences since I use the OLC gui and some other small tweak mods but same result.

Should have kept me GWX 1.3 install then perhaps would have had some way of reverse enginering the LRT mod for GWX 2.0.

R/L Time is what I lack and im to behind in SH File structure and modding to pull it apart and see what makes it tick. Other modders here are way above my knowledge in this game

But if it bugs me enough...

:hmm:
Badger Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-08, 04:42 AM   #156
Tuddley3
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 170

I have the Longer Wakes For All mod, but I have accidently deleted the pdf file and the read me. Also this mod is impossible to find here or at FileFront with the search feature.

With Timetravelers Mini Tweaker, there are 3 value settings :
1) Total Wake Time
2) Max Wake Quads
3) Follow Ship Distance

Which setting is for the length of the wake ?
Tuddley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-08, 05:43 AM   #157
Zen Master Caine
Bosun

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuddley3
I have the Longer Wakes For All mod, but I have accidently deleted the pdf file and the read me. Also this mod is impossible to find here or at FileFront with the search feature.

With Timetravelers Mini Tweaker, there are 3 value settings :
1) Total Wake Time
2) Max Wake Quads
3) Follow Ship Distance

Which setting is for the length of the wake ?
TotalWakeTime= is the setting that sets wake length. Also, you might look into using the excellent Silent Hunter 3 editor by Skwas. Much easier.
Zen Master Caine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-08, 06:16 AM   #158
Tuddley3
Grey Wolf

Thank you, and I'll give S3D a try
Old 05-13-08, 12:27 AM   #159
Tuddley3
Grey Wolf

Well I have completed my task of modifying the wakes of every ship in the Sea folder. I was very happy in how easy S3D is to use, and how much faster it is to work on your project. Also the wakes look beautiful.

With that said, I have a problem. My question is, does modifying the wakes have an adverse effect on framerates ? I normally run TC at 2048x, and I normally get about 5 or 6 fps while out in open sea with no ships around. Since I did this modification, I am onlky getting 4 fps at 512x, and even worse, 2fps at 1024. It took me 45 minutes to sail grid BF17 south to north(it normally takes me about 5 minutes).

I just don't understand how this would effect fps in open sea away from any ships. And this is the only thing I've done besides adding Anzacmick's Das Boot Immersion mod to my installation.

So does it sound like my rig can't handle Longer Wakes ? I'd hate to have to go through and redo every ship, it took me 4 hrs modify the entire Sea folder.

Thanks,
Tudd's
Old 05-13-08, 12:36 AM   #160
Zen Master Caine
Bosun

Quote:
Well I have completed my task of modifying the wakes of every ship in the Sea folder. I was very happy in how easy S3D is to use, and how much faster it is to work on your project. Also the wakes look beautiful.

With that said, I have a problem. My question is, does modifying the wakes have an adverse effect on framerates ? I normally run TC at 2048x, and I normally get about 5 or 6 fps while out in open sea with no ships around. Since I did this modification, I am onlky getting 4 fps at 512x, and even worse, 2fps at 1024. It took me 45 minutes to sail grid BF17 south to north(it normally takes me about 5 minutes).

I just don't understand how this would effect fps in open sea away from any ships. And this is the only thing I've done besides adding Anzacmick's Das Boot Immersion mod to my installation.

So does it sound like my rig can't handle Longer Wakes ? I'd hate to have to go through and redo every ship, it took me 4 hrs modify the entire Sea folder.

Thanks,
Tudd's
Yes, I believe it has a big effect on frame rates. Maybe your rig is a little slow. The longer wakes look nice, but they have their length limits without causing other problems. For me, it just wasn't worth the headache. But maybe you will fare better. Good luck!
Old 05-13-08, 12:59 AM   #161
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Any changes to a particals generator may increase system demands.
Of all the things we can mess with, this is the FPS killer.
Tuddley,
Your an addict now so you will adjust again.

NV or Zen or whatever today,
You know you did good, as do I.
Nice work is all I can say.
Old 05-13-08, 01:02 AM   #162
Tuddley3
Grey Wolf

Once again Zen, thank you for your quick reply and advice(especially S3D). Looks like I have hours of work ahead putting most of them back, I leave some alone and maybe I can get away with it. Time to put on some good music and a fresh pot of coffee and get busy.

Thank you buddy,
Tudd's
Old 05-13-08, 01:07 AM   #163
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Now I'm a Prophet!!!
I saw that you'd spend hours again!!

Now.... Lottery numers..........
:hmm:
Old 05-13-08, 03:05 AM   #164
Zen Master Caine
Bosun

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer
Any changes to a particals generator may increase system demands.
Of all the things we can mess with, this is the FPS killer.
Tuddley,
Your an addict now so you will adjust again.

NV or Zen or whatever today,
You know you did good, as do I.
Nice work is all I can say.
Hey Privateer. Nice to see you still around. I am using this name because I can't retrieve my old nvdrifter password after changing email addresses. I pm'd Neal a while back about this, but got no reply. Oh well.

Anyways, maybe someone could upload Longer Wakes v1.02 to help out Tuddley3. I have no problem with that. It would save him many hours of modding. I can't seem to find the file. Guess I didn't back it up.
Old 05-13-08, 04:32 AM   #165
The Bad Wolf
Sparky

Quote:

Thanks,
Tudd's
Hi Tuddley3

Its probably your own sub's wake causing it.

What is your settings in C:\Documents and Settings\****\My Documents\SH3\data\cfg\main.cfg file

[TIME COMPRESSION]
TimeStop=
RealTime=
LandProximity=
CriticalDamage=
CrewEfficiency=
AirEnemyDetected=
SoundEffects=
CharacterAnim=
EnemyDetected=
RadioReport=
Particles=? ---------> This one.