SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-13-19, 07:59 PM   #61
DaveR
A-ganger

Downloads: 190
Uploads: 0

what i meant, yes i have retried and retried and... and nope, still not working.

ok, tried rising sun on win7 computer and liked what i saw. so, deleted all the files in mods on the win10 computer and added rising sun mod. it worked.... (?)

Last edited by DaveR; 03-13-19 at 08:39 PM.
DaveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-19, 10:19 PM   #62
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveR View Post
what i meant, yes i have retried and retried and... and nope, still not working.

ok, tried rising sun on win7 computer and liked what i saw. so, deleted all the files in mods on the win10 computer and added rising sun mod. it worked.... (?)
excellent!!
the issue couldnt be JGSME because it is stable, reliable code.
there has to be something external to it.
anyway, glad you worked it out...and you learned along the way.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-19, 05:11 PM   #63
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Are you trying to use JSGME version 2.6? If not, get it and use it. What is the path to your game install? The game's install proggy defaults to "C:\Program Files (x86)\ Ubisoft \ Silent Hunter..."?? What we're really curious about, is "what do you mean, 'Won't work'?" ie: "JSGME won't start" - or else - "When I activate the mod with JSGME, the mod isn't showing in SH4"?
Where is SH4 installed on your computer?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-19, 10:19 AM   #64
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Default Latest Windows Update's

I'm adding this reply to bring up a critical point regarding the ever changing Windows 10 "Build" and the Updates that keep coming from Microsoft.

As of this date.....May 16, 2019.....my Windows 10 Build number is 17763.503. The latest "Version" is 1809.....installed on my computer 12/13/2018.

What's important for everyone who has a Windows 10 computer is to keep your computer up to date with the latest Updates provided by Microsoft.

This latest set of Updates took about an hour to accomplish, which is something I think everyone should keep tract of.....knowing your system needs an Update, and giving it time to do just that!

Here's the latest update's found on my computer with their "Successfully Installed" Dates. As you can see there were actually four added today:

Two, KB4494441 "Cumulative Updates"

One, KB4497932 "Security Update"

One, KB4499405 "Cumulative Update"

All four done today.

However, to have the "Windows Update" return the following screen of "You're up to date", I had to check twice to let the "Cumulative Update KB4494441" Download/Install before completion. Why? I have no idea, but not until the Cumulative Update KB4494441 was Downloaded twice and the computer Restarted twice did I finally get a current "You're up to date" OK from Microsoft.

This brings up an important point I think a lot of gamers aren't doing....especially when trying to play the SH4 game. Players are not allowing their Windows 10 to Update before sitting down to a gaming session. Most of us have the Windows Update running in the background, to freely Download/Install Updates as they become available. But, we don't check to see if the Update process is occurring before we start using the game. I believe to have your computer NOT to be slowed down when playing SH4, make sure Windows Update isn't running in the background.

Getting a "You're up to date" from Microsoft before executing a game (or any other side program you may wish to use), must be done. And, it's important to check twice, since this latest KB4494441 required two installs before completion. Finish "Updating" before starting other programs that may need all the memory of your computer to function properly.

When playing SH4 with mods like Fotrs Ultimate you'll need all the computer resources you can give it....... making sure you follow the basic ideas in this thread, along with allowing Windows 10 to Update properly will help in keeping this old game running as expected. As a general rule, manually check Windows Update for new downloads every time you start your computer, or before starting a gaming session.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 05-16-19 at 10:54 AM.
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-20, 12:11 PM   #65
wade88
Swabbie

Downloads: 31
Default Hi Scurvy I hope you are well these days

However for anyone that has their steam directory configured to not save things in the watchdog'd directories like on another disk or partition like my J:\ 4TB sata ssd. It has 2 partitions one of which is the medium speed Steam directory that games that don't have huge or small but rather medium reads to load into the game or to load saves etc.

Anyway, this way if you download the game from Steam and run it, then do the german missions dlc for the 1.5, then all this crap is installed in a not watchdog'd directory and for me on windows 10 x64 1909 build 18363.657 the .exe isn't r/o it's got no attributes of that kind. the LAA tool for .net 4.5 worked fine without any dickering. It worked fine until I was getting chased by a DD and it CTD'd, so I came sniffing around for the LAA thanks for the thread!
wade88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-20, 01:21 PM   #66
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > wade88
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-20, 02:02 AM   #67
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Wade88!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-21, 06:55 AM   #68
greatcouloir
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Requesting Assistance with LAA

Ahoy,

Do you have any suggestions for me? I followed the instructions in this thread for LAA. After locating the executable file in step 1 and checking the save box in step 2, advanced mode always indicates C:\SH4\SH4.exe with a False flag. A settings.sav file is created, but apparently it is not saving the check in step 2.

Thanks for any suggestions,
GC

Installed SH4 in the following location –
C:\SH4\SH4.exe

Regedit indicates Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Client\1033 the following is installed –

Installed laa_2_0_4_NetFramework_4_5 in the following location –
C:\Large Address Aware\Large Address Aware.exe

Additional info follows -
Device name Steve-PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.9 GB usable)
Device ID 544F9E7A-C641-4558-B238-1BDF1E3AFD61
Product ID 00325-80000-00000-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎2/‎1/‎2021
OS build 19043.1165
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0
Old 09-11-21, 12:20 PM   #69
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatcouloir View Post
Ahoy,

Do you have any suggestions for me? I followed the instructions in this thread for LAA. After locating the executable file in step 1 and checking the save box in step 2, advanced mode always indicates C:\SH4\SH4.exe with a False flag. A settings.sav file is created, but apparently it is not saving the check in step 2.

Thanks for any suggestions,
GC

Installed SH4 in the following location –
C:\SH4\SH4.exe

Regedit indicates Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Client\1033 the following is installed –

Installed laa_2_0_4_NetFramework_4_5 in the following location –
C:\Large Address Aware\Large Address Aware.exe

Additional info follows -
Device name Steve-PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.9 GB usable)
Device ID 544F9E7A-C641-4558-B238-1BDF1E3AFD61
Product ID 00325-80000-00000-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎2/‎1/‎2021
OS build 19043.1165
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0
Ahoy, greatcouloir...

1st, did you open the folder that SH4 is installed, scroll to the SH4.exe click on it to highlight it & in the menu up top, click on the properties selection there, to open up SH4.exe's properties menu & ensure that it is NOT set to write only...

This is an important step, as when adding in mods, the .exe needs to be allowed to be written into for the mods to work... & think that would also apply here, to Large Address Aware (or LAA as some call/refer to it by... )

Only other thing that I can think of.. would be the possibility of a bad install/corruption of LAA, in which case... a dump & reinstall would resolve that... & Yes, it can, does & will occur.. as that will with any app, program, anything related to computers... & downloading, installing stuff. Murphy's law... in effect.

Most game launcher's if you grab your games through those... now include a means to verify files... that process, just... hasn't made it to other areas... yet.
Would suggest, a check on the .exe properties, 1st.. if still no joy, then a dump & reinstall... as I mentioned, should resolve the issue.

Hope this info helps...

M. M.

Old 09-11-21, 02:07 PM   #70
greatcouloir
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Mad Mardigan,

You were right on the money with your advise. The box was checked Read only. After making the suggested adjustment, LAA behaved as advertised.

Thank you for your speedy and effective assistance.

GC

Last edited by greatcouloir; 09-11-21 at 08:28 PM.
Old 09-11-21, 02:40 PM   #71
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatcouloir View Post
Mad Mardigan,

You were right on money with your advise. The box was checked Read only. After making the suggested adjustment, LAA behaved as advertised.

Thank you for your speedy and effective assistance.

GC

Glad to know that My info assisted, in rectifying your issue...

Fair winds, smooth seas... & Good huntin'.!

M. M.