SUBSIM Radio Room Forums


SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2018, 08:36 AM   #1441
caodwolf
Swabbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 12
Downloads: 238
Uploads: 0
Default Recognition Manual - Mission Angle on Bow

Into my 2nd patrol and NYGM is performing nicely. One stickler is with the Recognition Manual; there a few tankers, cargo and merchant ships which do not have the visual angle of the bow views. This section is just blank. I've searched the forums with no luck.

Is this by design ? I'm thinking of reinstalling everything but that is alot of work and the sim is running smoothly.

Thanks

Dave
caodwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:42 AM   #1442
hauangua
Grey Wolf
 
hauangua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Verona, Italy
Posts: 828
Downloads: 1263
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caodwolf View Post
Into my 2nd patrol and NYGM is performing nicely. One stickler is with the Recognition Manual; there a few tankers, cargo and merchant ships which do not have the visual angle of the bow views. This section is just blank. I've searched the forums with no luck.

Is this by design ? I'm thinking of reinstalling everything but that is alot of work and the sim is running smoothly.

Thanks

Dave
Hi caodwolf
Which your jsgme mod list?
__________________
Parked under the balcony with my U-27 waiting Juliet finish makeup
hauangua is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:53 AM   #1443
ThePrody
not dead yet
 
ThePrody's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Romania
Posts: 171
Downloads: 119
Uploads: 1
Default

yes, not all ships have the complete angle views, maybe they are imported from the IABL mod like this, i dont know .
ThePrody is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 09:00 AM   #1444
hauangua
Grey Wolf
 
hauangua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Verona, Italy
Posts: 828
Downloads: 1263
Uploads: 0
Default

Error. Delete this
Thanks
__________________
Parked under the balcony with my U-27 waiting Juliet finish makeup

Last edited by hauangua; 08-13-2018 at 09:49 AM.
hauangua is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 11:59 AM   #1445
Lanzfeld
Grey Wolf
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: New Tripoli, PA
Posts: 983
Downloads: 64
Uploads: 0
Default

This was my favorite SH-3 Mod when I stop playing awhile time ago,

Stiebler......

Since I really like your style..... what do you play nowadays? Do you Prefer LSH?
Lanzfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 02:22 PM   #1446
1akula1
Watch
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 15
Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0
Default Kiel locks

Hi!

Is there a working mod that adds Kiel canal locks to NYGM? I find this mod to be by far the best mod for SH3 in terms of gameplay since it doesn't allow you to pull a Kretschmer every single campaign with ease!

I just miss old Kiel canal from LSH/GWX and that would make it perfect!

1akula1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:10 PM   #1447
Kelly621
Officer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 237
Downloads: 335
Uploads: 0
Default Canal

I remember seeing something about Nautilus42's Kiel Canal Locks mod. I do know that it part of a combination mod for GWX on the 5th page of the Graphics download section here at subsim, but I have no idea if his mod is available separately or that it will work with NYGM....maybe someone else here would know.


Kelly621
Kelly621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 03:41 AM   #1448
1akula1
Watch
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 15
Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly621 View Post
I remember seeing something about Nautilus42's Kiel Canal Locks mod. I do know that it part of a combination mod for GWX on the 5th page of the Graphics download section here at subsim, but I have no idea if his mod is available separately or that it will work with NYGM....maybe someone else here would know.


Kelly621
Thanks! I found the GWX combination in downloads but can't find standalone Nautilus42 Kiel locks mod.

Edit: I believe I managed to extract GWX and St. Naz. stuff out of it and got it working (to my surprise)...Its not an animated version of locks like in LSH but it still looks really good and is way better than plain estuary-like entrance to canal like in stock version.

Since old Trainer42's files are nowhere to be found I could upload it if it's okay with folks.

Last edited by 1akula1; 10-16-2018 at 04:22 AM.
1akula1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 04:02 PM   #1449
1akula1
Watch
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 15
Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0
Default Kiel Locks for NYGM

So I used assets from "GWX St. Naz and Schleuse" and tinkered with it to make those sweet Kiel locks compatible for NYGM, since that was the only thing I was missing in this wonderful mod!

Tell me how you like it and I hope original author Nautilus42 doesn't mind I played with his files a little bit.

Link:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2k9y1z..._NYGM.rar/file

1akula1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 03:47 PM   #1450
Nicolas
XO
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Uruguay
Posts: 417
Downloads: 159
Uploads: 3
Default

NYGM is my favorite big mod, however i would like to ask: does a mod that adds snorkel radar warning exists to the xxi, do other subs have snorkel radar warning? because it is safer to go on the surface it seems with radar warning than dive and be blind. Or i'm mistaken?
It is bad having the snorkel and want to use it but you can't because no radar warning.

Any help?

Last edited by Nicolas; 10-21-2018 at 04:09 PM.
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 04:18 PM   #1451
ArnoldR
A-ganger
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 77
Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas View Post
NYGM is my favorite big mod, however i would like to ask: does a mod that adds snorkel radar warning exists to the xxi, do other subs have snorkel radar warning? because it is safer to go on the surface it seems with radar warning than dive and be blind. Or i'm mistaken?
It is bad having the snorkel and want to use it but you can't because no radar warning.

Any help?
Indeed, I've read that you must not use the XXI type in NYGM. It's bad because I like it!! But I'm at the beginning of the installation, and I will start a career in 1939. However, I would like to play with the XXI in 1944 and 1945. May I ask if there is any chance to have a mod in order to go on patrol with a type XXI in NYGM?

It's too bad to not be able to play with the last secret weapon of Germany!
ArnoldR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 04:38 PM   #1452
Nicolas
XO
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Uruguay
Posts: 417
Downloads: 159
Uploads: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnoldR View Post
Indeed, I've read that you must not use the XXI type in NYGM. It's bad because I like it!! But I'm at the beginning of the installation, and I will start a career in 1939. However, I would like to play with the XXI in 1944 and 1945. May I ask if there is any chance to have a mod in order to go on patrol with a type XXI in NYGM?

It's too bad to not be able to play with the last secret weapon of Germany!
I reached the end of the war with it, you can use it, however my post was to see if radar warning can be added to the snorkel, because i'm sure type xxi has no radar warning on it, i don't know about the other subs though.

I love the feeling of being submerged with the snorkel, real submarine technology and that, but most probable outcome in the game is being bombed to hell.
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 06:04 PM   #1453
ThePrody
not dead yet
 
ThePrody's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Romania
Posts: 171
Downloads: 119
Uploads: 1
Default

You can add the FuMB37XXIII mod for Schnorchel-Radar-receiver combination, it is provided in the NYGM3_New add-on as an optional , what i understand is that if you add the mod you will not be able to use the type XXI anymore, instead the mod also enables a type XXIII , check the "NYGMManual2_4&2_5" and the "FuMB37XXXIII readme" .pdfs that are provided in the documentation section of the NYGM3_New folder .
ThePrody is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 07:47 PM   #1454
Nicolas
XO
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Uruguay
Posts: 417
Downloads: 159
Uploads: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrody View Post
You can add the FuMB37XXIII mod for Schnorchel-Radar-receiver combination, it is provided in the NYGM3_New add-on as an optional , what i understand is that if you add the mod you will not be able to use the type XXI anymore, instead the mod also enables a type XXIII , check the "NYGMManual2_4&2_5" and the "FuMB37XXXIII readme" .pdfs that are provided in the documentation section of the NYGM3_New folder .
Thanks, but it doesn't appeal to me, i prefer the xxi to finish careers i would love to have radar warning in the snorkel. Anyone can lend a hand? is it too hard to implement? i could edit some files if someone gives clues.
I tried putting fumo391 as radar warning like stiebler said in an old post but that didn't work.
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:55 PM   #1455
Nicolas
XO
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Uruguay
Posts: 417
Downloads: 159
Uploads: 3
Default

Ok, i made the radar warning on the xxi work. Turning fumo391 to radar warning and adding a sensor with it to the the xxi .sns file and basic.cfg so you can choose another one so it doesn't get destroyed. Thanks to some old posts and mods.

For anyone interested:

Prepare a mod to enable with jsgme.

Edit with silent editor fumo391 in sensors.dat to an radar warning instead or radar. copy the different values in fumo391 belonging to radar from another radar warning device (sweep etc all of that).
Change min sensor height to something less than 1 like 0.1.


Copy the NSS_Uboat21.sns from this mod:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...do=file&id=952
That needs to be placed in data\submarine\nss_uboat21\


I don't know if the following step is neccesary but:

edit basic.cfg

search for 1279 and delete that entry the whole of it.

Add this to the end of items in section EQUIP5

NameIdx8=1279
Year8=1943
Month8=12
NbSub8=1
Sub80=3; Type XXI
Renown8=0
Name8=FuMO391

In the same section EQUIP5 change this:

[EQUIP5]; Radar Warning Receiver
DaysSpent=3; 2
Nb=9;;7; zeta/Anvart/Stiebler <----------------- from 8 to 9.
NameIdx0=1280
Year0=1942
Month0=8
NbSub0=4
Sub00=0
Sub01=1
Sub02=2
Sub03=3
Renown0=0; 100
Name0=FuMB1Metox


Save all modified files to your new mod and enable it. Thats it.

AND, don't choose fumo391 in equipment screen choose another one. The device will be added automatically if you want to change the date that becomes available edit the .sns file (search for fumo391).
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
torpedos through hull

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2019 Subsim