SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS > Atlantic Fleet / Pacific Fleet
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-17-14, 12:20 PM   #1
sbrenn01
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Pacific Fleet 2.0 - and a wish list!!

I am enjoying this app very much! The graphics are excellent, detail is amazing. Being able to watch those turrets swing in the barbettes, watching those rifles move as elevation is adjusted is very enjoyable. I wish there were expansion packs available, it seems that just as I work up a nice little task force the game is drawing to a close. It would be great if multiple vessels of the same class could be worked up and used; especially the submarines. A wolf-pack set out against Kongo class or destroyers would be very satisfying. I imagine much of these things are hard to do on such a small platform. I'm fortunate to have a fast, high-end android device (LG E-980, a unsung hero of the marketplace).

I hope that the gentlemen who have developed such a nice apk will set their sights on the PC market. I do not see anyone who is taking advantage of the 64 bit platform. Windows 8.1 is virtually screaming for someone to put together a decent naval simulator that is a "super pacific fleet".
I've been playing Diablo III and the game has superb graphics, why can't something similar happen in this venue?
Please, please....someone make a good naval game! Pick a time period: WWI, WWII, WWIII....US/Sino sim and you'll get rich!!
sbrenn01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-14, 08:25 PM   #2
sbrenn01
Swabbie

Also wanted to mention that I have had the opportunity to exhange a few messages with the developer Paul Sincock, PhD. He's been responsive, patient and a consummate professional. If other developers (and people in general) took a page from his book, the world will be a better place.
Bravo zulu!
sbrenn01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-14, 09:30 PM   #3
Killerfish Games
Cold Waters Developer

Thanks for the kudos!

We have no plans to release any further expansions for Pacific Fleet at this time.
Instead we've wiped the slate clean and are working on a whole new sequel game that will be much bigger and have a lot more features than Pacific Fleet.

For this next game (we'll get around to officially announcing it in the next several weeks):
- Multiple vessels of the same class will be available
- Wolf packs are in
- With the extra detail of the new game, releasing on PC is starting to look very worthwhile (we're PC gamers ourselves)
Old 05-17-14, 10:28 PM   #4
Lewis Wingerter
Planesman

Downloads: 282

Wow! if you make a super Pacific Fleet games for the PC you would give Silent Hunter games a run for there money. Keep up the great work
Lewis Wingerter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-14, 08:15 AM   #5
Rayydar
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrenn01 View Post
Also wanted to mention that I have had the opportunity to exhange a few messages with the developer Paul Sincock, PhD. He's been responsive, patient and a consummate professional. If other developers (and people in general) took a page from his book, the world will be a better place.

Bravo zulu! .
101% agreed!
Wished he could clone himself.

The situation is hopeless but not serious.

Rayydar is offline   Reply With Quote