Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 06-03-10, 11:08 AM   #1
colon.sweeper
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default T34 v Tiger - mission tactics?

Hi all, just joined tonight after having a look through the forum yesterday.

I used to play a lot of sims when I was a kid and just upgraded my PC to get back into them (been a console gamer since ps1). A friend gave me his copy of t34 v tiger to try and I'm loving it (despite annoying runtime crashes), but I'm a bit stumped on the 6th German mission.

I've played it through nearly 20 times but just can't seem to take out all those targets. I've tried engaging at range, hiding behind woods, finding a sheltered spot to ambush from, staying with the other german tanks and even charging and flanking the ruskies, but I can never seem to keep the soft bodies safe and destroy all targets. Little help? What's the winning tactic for this one?

Also, I'm not super technical so I'm not sure what I'm doing with the mods. From the sounds of it some members have done a lot of work modding this, where should I go to get all the info/files I need to mod the game?

Cheers,
Jeff

Old 06-03-10, 12:03 PM   #2
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1
Default Don't get a crappy out look on life

General Colon Bowel says : Don't be a colon peeper it will give you a
crappy out look on life!

welcome aboard colon creeper

ZeeWolf
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-10, 07:38 PM   #3
colon.sweeper
Nub

Lol nice pun segment. Magic tricks next? But thanks for the warm welcome

OK, so I apologise, it seems all I needed to do was sit completely still in that mission and...shoot the other tanks...

Next question, are there any fixes for multiple "runtime error" crashes. I've found I can't play more than one mission in a sitting or it will crash. I take it this is a java error if I'm not mistaken? I'm playing on a windows 7 rig if that helps.

Cheers,
Jeff
colon.sweeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-10, 08:01 PM   #4
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Well colon, I assume you read the existing posts and have the graphic
file updates installed? And as for system details - not much to work with.
So, more system specs. As for tech support the company never offered it
as far as I am concerned but that is not the case with Project ZeeWolf
members. So the best thing to do is get through the stock missions with
no mods installed and then support the "Project ZeeWolf" for all the latest
updates.

Cheers colon seeker

ZeeWolf
Old 06-04-10, 01:27 AM   #5
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default TvsT

Colon Sweeper????This is a rather unusual handle that you 've got!!!!

Stock mission6.One I know very well.I played ti many, many times.I had a mission ended successfully message only 3 times in probably over a hundred tries.The only Way I managed to do it was by bypassing the main road and ind stead swerving to far leftwhere those 2 T34s come from rigghjt after you take out those 2 SovierAT guns and blast that truck parked by a big house.Go where they came from.On the way you'll see a little otupost with 2 APCS and a couple of trucks.Just stop and blast them to Hell.Meanwhile you dear convoy is stopped on the mainroad and won't move without you anyway.Once you have blasted the AOPCs and trucks just keep going left round the mountain then swing to the right to position your self right behind 3 T34s which are blocking the way of the convoy.They are hiding in a clearing.You snoop behind and take them out.Then go back left and again attack the last Soviet strong hold with 4 AT guns, 2 SUs ,3T34s and some infantry and trucks.This is trickier because remember in that game the AI has X Ray eyes and can see you through the woods whereas you can't see them. Still I remember that satisfaction when I finally completed the mission taking out the 2 SU85.I just drove past them into the open countryside to see what it looked like.But the thing is doing it that way means your mission will last one hour or more....Otherwise I tried the more direct approach ,i.e. through the main road and I would end up being killed ( thanks to the passive friendly AI) or the game would crash just short of getting to the last stronghold.

My advice is read about ZeeWolf's TvsT mods and Kursk release and join the crowd of fans who were sick and tired ofg the buggy and predictable stock game.Otherwise be ready to shelf your game after a few months opnce you've played all the stock missions ad nauseam...ZeeWolf's release is NOT FREE through.Still check his website and the various threads on the forum, look at the comments see the pics and then decide if it's for you!One thing you can do to sample the goods is download the free new German missions( the 1st and the 6th) which includes a free 1st Soviet mission.

The download links are on his ZeeWolf's website.This way you 'll see that his work is worth the expense....Here's the link: www.tanksimzw.com

Cheers

www.tanksimzw.com
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-10, 02:16 AM   #6
colon.sweeper
Nub

Cheers guys. I will have a go at the russian missions next then have a look at signing up for the project.

By the way Zee Wolf, you site is listed as an attack site (by firefox). You may want to request a review if you are the domain registration holder.

The handle...yeah it's a long story involving a friend who is a rectal surgeon and his office shorthand for a particular procedure
colon.sweeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-10, 11:43 AM   #7
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Thanks CS for the heads-up about my web site. There was some files in
my main directory that I have no idea how someone put them there.
One was a ad for credit cards and the others seemed to be apart of the
page. But now they are deleted and I change permissions around a bit in
hopes to block any future attack.

It's all just one great big conspiracy!

ZW

PS: Dr. CS check your e-mail Kamerad!