Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 04-29-10, 07:19 PM   #1
KdF
Loader

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Report on PreKursk V6

Frame rate averages around 4.8 to anywhere around 7.
Tank pulls to right and left depending on the terrain. The greener/darker the actual ground below the grass, the more the pull. Heck of a long way to drive, and the shelling is incessant. The farther into the map you go ( I went to the 2 soviet Stugs) on the right top of the map after taking the city, the tank seems to start bouncing. The loader had a small problem constantly yelling "Ladden" without loading anything. I will try to get this to happen again. Only ran it once Gary, so tomorrow I will start again and hopefully get to log my findings if I get some free time.

Keep 'em Commin

(This is on the Gamerunner)

Last edited by KdF; 04-29-10 at 07:20 PM. Reason: some more

Old 04-29-10, 07:37 PM   #2
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KdF View Post
Frame rate averages around 4.8 to anywhere around 7.
Tank pulls to right and left depending on the terrain. The greener/darker the actual ground below the grass, the more the pull. Heck of a long way to drive, and the shelling is incessant. The farther into the map you go ( I went to the 2 soviet Stugs) on the right top of the map after taking the city, the tank seems to start bouncing. The loader had a small problem constantly yelling "Ladden" without loading anything. I will try to get this to happen again. Only ran it once Gary, so tomorrow I will start again and hopefully get to log my findings if I get some free time.

Keep 'em Commin

(This is on the Gamerunner)
Thanks KdF,

Your fps is low and to be frank this is an issue that will be stock with Kursk
releases. But the good news is all of these issues except the "Ladden" issue
is primarily from the slow Frames Per Second.

The "Ladden" issue is because the AI Gunner is trying to decide on what target to engage and changes rounds back and forth. The solution is when the AI Gunner becomes confused you need to take over and decide manually.

Thanks Kamerad, very helpful report for us.

ZW
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-10, 02:43 AM   #3
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Kursk Mission 1 High in Excitement Low on FPS!

I'll use this new thread to give a report on playing Kursk mission1 "light" version:

By the way, Zee Kursk mission 1 " lite" for fps conscious dieting players installed successfully.It 's excellent and harrowing. Getting bombarded for a full 15 minutes on a huge, bare plain without any cover to speak of , hearing shell crashing all around you non stop without having the chance to fight back is nerve-wracking. Wonderful atmosphere; it's a brand new game! No more little boy missions as in the original TvsT now it's a playground for Big Boys! I only played it once because I did my instal late last night and got myself killed in that fortified village as my wingmen got themselves killed and the ambushed SU 100s zapped me out while I was looking for targets. I got 54 registered hits but did not kill a single gun, tank , mortar or infantry.??????....

FPS-wise anywhere from 4.2 to 6, a little choppy at times but very playable overall.I experienced my Tiger nosediving and stalling 2 or 3 times during the rush forward. It seems that the ground became soft in some spots and it would cause the engine to stall while I was being concked on the hull by Red artillery.Nice to see plenty of new stuff; guns, emplacements, models etc.You truly have delivered on your promises!

Cheers

Frinik
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-10, 11:48 AM   #4
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
I'll use this new thread to give a report on playing Kursk mission1 "light" version:

By the way, Zee Kursk mission 1 " lite" for fps conscious dieting players installed successfully.It 's excellent and harrowing. Getting bombarded for a full 15 minutes on a huge, bare plain without any cover to speak of , hearing shell crashing all around you non stop without having the chance to fight back is nerve-wracking. Wonderful atmosphere; it's a brand new game! No more little boy missions as in the original TvsT now it's a playground for Big Boys! I only played it once because I did my instal late last night and got myself killed in that fortified village as my wingmen got themselves killed and the ambushed SU 100s zapped me out while I was looking for targets. I got 54 registered hits but did not kill a single gun, tank , mortar or infantry.??????....

FPS-wise anywhere from 4.2 to 6, a little choppy at times but very playable overall.I experienced my Tiger nosediving and stalling 2 or 3 times during the rush forward. It seems that the ground became soft in some spots and it would cause the engine to stall while I was being concked on the hull by Red artillery.Nice to see plenty of new stuff; guns, emplacements, models etc.You truly have delivered on your promises!

Cheers

Frinik
That's fantastic frinik is this on your new PC or your Laptop?

ZW
Old 04-30-10, 10:41 PM   #5
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Old Machine

No Zeee on my current laptop with it's 2.0 ghtz processor and 512 mb dedicated and 1262 shared gigs of graphic memory with 1028 x 764 rsoltuion and all features set at at 80%except anitaliasing and forest animation turned off.My new rig will not be available for another 4 to 5 weeks as you know where I live and I ordered it from Canada.

The issue is my processor which is clearly to slow to give me better fps as my GC is mid level and copes well with all other sims Steel Fury, IL2 , Need for Speed various versions and even stock TvsT I get 15 to 30 fps.It's your mods that really take a toll on the poor processor which is why the upgrade will amke a real difference.

Thanks Zee even a bit choppy I still enjoy it.Played again and got zapped by concealed At gun....GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! My Tiger is roaring in pain

Regards
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-10, 11:00 PM   #6
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
No Zeee on my current laptop with it's 2.0 ghtz processor and 512 mb dedicated and 1262 shared gigs of graphic memory with 1028 x 764 rsoltuion and all features set at at 80%except anitaliasing and forest animation turned off.My new rig will not be available for another 4 to 5 weeks as you know where I live and I ordered it from Canada.

The issue is my processor which is clearly to slow to give me better fps as my GC is mid level and copes well with all other sims Steel Fury, IL2 , Need for Speed various versions and even stock TvsT I get 15 to 30 fps.It's your mods that really take a toll on the poor processor which is why the upgrade will amke a real difference.

Thanks Zee even a bit choppy I still enjoy it.Played again and got zapped by concealed At gun....GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! My Tiger is roaring in pain

Regards
Oh! Then that makes your report even more encouraging.
That will give me time to finish my Panther and the new Tiger E1
My plan is for the two to make their entrance in mission 2.
As for the fps drag the only solution to run the huge battle scenes is
more CPU power. i would have hoped otherwise but for now that is the verdict.

Regards Kamerad

ZW