SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-20-12, 03:00 PM   #766
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Had to figure out how the Waypoints_Room_x and Room_x went together. Finally figured it out:

Now that'll make for adding/editing waypoints a breeze!
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-12, 03:55 PM   #767
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 155
Uploads: 0

If you did not exist TheDarkWraith, it would have to invent you

"Better watch where you do not go, because where were going, we will know what it is when we get there, and anyway, it will never be only water."

Proverbe Shadok
BIGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-12, 04:12 PM   #768
Vanilla
Lieutenant

Downloads: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Had to figure out how the Waypoints_Room_x and Room_x went together. Finally figured it out:

Now that'll make for adding/editing waypoints a breeze!
Blimey... that's something to impress me with!! You've made my day!
Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-12, 04:40 PM   #769
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Blimey... that's something to impress me with!! You've made my day!
It's automatic also. You first load the Room_x.GR2 file. Then load the Waypoints_Room_x file. The app will adjust all the waypoints automatically.

Working on the adding of new bones to this automatic function. When complete I'll release new version

I want the app to read the .CHR file also and thus show the interconnecting paths. Working on that also.
Old 02-20-12, 05:39 PM   #770
Vanilla
Lieutenant

TDW, believe me or not but I've made a guy go to the door, teleport through it and continue, all without turning (going bow-wards of course). It is very weird, as it appears Z-axis of the outgoing waypoint should point towards the way you teleport him, and the Z-axis of the recieving waypoint should point towards the outgoing one. That is if he goes bow-wards the 'sending' waypoint blue axis points to the bow and the 'receiving' waypoint towards the stern. I must check though... I also made him walk through the wall between waypoint without turning, but I guess you've seen it already.
Old 02-20-12, 05:46 PM   #771
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
TDW, believe me or not but I've made a guy go to the door, teleport through it and continue, all without turning (going bow-wards of course). It is very weird, as it appears Z-axis of the outgoing waypoint should point towards the way you teleport him, and the Z-axis of the recieving waypoint should point towards the outgoing one. That is if he goes bow-wards the 'sending' waypoint blue axis points to the bow and the 'receiving' waypoint towards the stern. I must check though... I also made him walk through the wall between waypoint without turning, but I guess you've seen it already.
Take a render window screenshot (key W) and post it. It'll make it easier to understand. Go to the Misc tab first and select the file format you want the image to be saved in.

This automatic waypoint adjustment feature is working for new bones added now. Just a few minor things to clear up...
Old 02-20-12, 05:51 PM   #772
Vanilla
Lieutenant

I must also report an odd behaviour when turning the waypoint with mouse: you lock the camera (it often jumps to another, non-selected, bone), then pressing X or Y you can rotate the object only around respective camera axis (is it possible that the reference axii are not the camera's ones but those of the bone itself?), but when you press Z you are able to rotate the bone around all three axii as if no locks where enabled at all.
Can I also ask that if an axis is locked, then the box on the left shows currently allowed axii of freedom rather then locked ones, since when nothing is locked all three letters show up, not very intuitive.
Old 02-20-12, 06:16 PM   #773
Vanilla
Lieutenant

Quote:
Take a render window screenshot (key W) and post it. It'll make it easier to understand. Go to the Misc tab first and select the file format you want the image to be saved in.

This automatic waypoint adjustment feature is working for new bones added now. Just a few minor things to clear up...
That's how you set them for no turning. The guy walks from left (bow-wards), comes to SQ_WP06_DOOR (vanilla waypoint, last in the QR2 room), teleports to CR_WP01_DOOR_Forwards (my new waypoint turned 180, first in CR room), and continues to the right. All without turning.
Old 02-20-12, 06:20 PM   #774
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
I must also report an odd behaviour when turning the waypoint with mouse: you lock the camera (it often jumps to another, non-selected, bone), then pressing X or Y you can rotate the object only around respective camera axis (is it possible that the reference axii are not the camera's ones but those of the bone itself?), but when you press Z you are able to rotate the bone around all three axii as if no locks where enabled at all.
Can I also ask that if an axis is locked, then the box on the left shows currently allowed axii of freedom rather then locked ones, since when nothing is locked all three letters show up, not very intuitive.
Which GR2 file and which bone were you doing this with? I need to do the same thing to see what's going on
Old 02-20-12, 06:22 PM   #775
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
That's how you set them for no turning. The guy walks from left (bow-wards), comes to SQ_06_DOOR (vanilla waypoint), teleports to CR_WP01_DOOR_Forwards (my new waypoint turned 180), and continues to the right. All without turning.
And going the other direction what happens? If that's all it is (having Z axis's pointing to each other) that's a simple fix!
Old 02-20-12, 07:07 PM   #776
Vanilla
Lieutenant

Quote:
And going the other direction what happens? If that's all it is (having Z axis's pointing to each other) that's a simple fix!
Guess what? It works!
Old 02-20-12, 07:13 PM   #777
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

I fixed the problem with if you had translation enabled (T in bottom right corner) the object would translate in reference to world axis instead of it's own. It now correctly translates based on it's own axis. Now the rotating one I see it's also not rotating in regards to it's own axis. Working on that now...
Old 02-20-12, 07:52 PM   #778
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v1.1.69.0 available here: http://www.mediafire.com/?m61muz4doh2zzo3

Will automatically reposition waypoints to it's room provided:
- room loaded first
- waypoints loaded second

i.e.: Room_QR1.GR2 loaded first. Waypoints_Room_QR1.GR2 loaded second.

New bones added for waypoints will be added in correct position provided above is done

Fixed bug where object was not translating in reference to it's own axis
Fixed bug of pressing a key when render window not the focus causing a treeview to select a new object
Still working on bug of object not rotating in reference to it's own axis...
Old 02-20-12, 08:59 PM   #779
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 301

Quote:
v1.1.69.0 available here: http://www.mediafire.com/?m61muz4doh2zzo3

Will automatically reposition waypoints to it's room provided:
- room loaded first
- waypoints loaded second

i.e.: Room_QR1.GR2 loaded first. Waypoints_Room_QR1.GR2 loaded second.

New bones added for waypoints will be added in correct position provided above is done

Fixed bug where object was not translating in reference to it's own axis
Fixed bug of pressing a key when render window not the focus causing a treeview to select a new object
Still working on bug of object not rotating in reference to it's own axis...
Amazing TDW, i´m enjoying more using this than playing the game
pedrobas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-12, 10:31 PM   #780
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrobas View Post
Amazing TDW, i´m enjoying more using this than playing the game
Excellent

Finally figured out what I was doing wrong for the object's not using their axis for rotations. Had to switch to using all quaternions vice euler angles

And it finally hit me what you all were referring to when you said axis' were screwed up. Now when rotations are enabled (R) and:
- X axis enabled: rotation about object's X axis enabled (pitch)
- Y axis enabled: rotation about object's Y axis enabled (yaw)
- Z axis enabled: rotation about object's Z axis enabled (roll)

Sorry it took me so long to figure out what you were saying out these axis' and the XYZ notations in the bottom right corner

The thing about this app is it rouses the curious to take a look...then after taking a look they try something...that try eventually turns into a mod or a new discovery! Case in point: look what Vanilla figured out with the waypoints and the turning issue.

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 02-20-12 at 10:42 PM.