SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-29-09, 10:03 PM   #316
Registered55
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

thankyou ever so much for your reply, I did try searching myself, however I could not find an appropriate search string "God Eye, Eagle Eye, Auto recognition" nothing,

thanks again,
Old 12-29-09, 10:28 PM   #317
Registered55
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I have noticed a small problem, on my 1st patrol when I to the place where I'm suppose to go, (Binoculars icon), the game doesn't seem to detect that I have arrived, I keep going on the spot, around the spot, but nothing, the game does not acknowledged that I have arrived,

I have incorporated some changes over from Silent Hunter Elite 1.5.1, but I manually copied the changes over, and have been very careful in what was adjusted, all the changes made were to crew, data of equipment, torpedo load-out and ammo, and edited properties of sensors, torpedoes speed, and subs properties as well (mileage, speed ect).

i mainly have only changed the Balo Class Sub, and i have given my self that sub to start with in pearl harbour,

i know i have messed with the files, my question is, has this problem ever occured or been reported with the stock FOTRS, or is this the 1st time this has happened, that way i will know if it was my chnages or perhaps a bit of both, or something. reason i ask is it takes me nearly 2 hours too adjust all the files necessary, and starting from scratch is always daunting.

only side effect i have noticed with this mod over the others, and that is it takes ages for my sub to come to a stop, i have crossed referenced the changes i've made with this compared to other mods, and i have not found any reason caused by me to explain the long time it takes for the sub to slow to a complete stop, i assume it has something todo with global drag of the sub
Old 12-29-09, 10:57 PM   #318
Registered55
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

EZ Plot,

unfortunately only 75% of the ships it worked on,

I looked further into the files, I found that the folder "Data\Sea" contains 188 Ships types in FOTRS, however in EZ Plot I found only 125,

because of all the extra ships FOTRS has, many will obviously not be supported,

the files themselves are a DDS file, "Silent 3ditor" does not support such files, if it was a simple thing I would of had a go myself,

thanks anyway, but I'm going move on and try "Operation Monsun",

back to modifying all the files, "Silent Fire Elite" it's a wonderful thing having a template like his, awful shame what happened to him, passing away is one thing, in hospital with people, and plenty of drugs to numb the pain, but being discharged and thinking all will be fine now, then suddenly..... messed up for sure. in my opinion discharged a little too soon, but it's easy saying such things in Heinsite, anyway not here, not now.

from what I saw of this mod, hat off, a brilliant mod, love all the ship designs, but unfortunately I do need the auto recognition system, I really don't have time for learning that stuff (manual targeting) like i said before i don't get much computer time these days, Katie hates me on the PC, 1 hour suddenly turns into 4 hours and obviously not fair on her, weird thing time, at work time drags, in shops with kate time stops (woman loves shops so much.....WHY), yet on a computer playing a game, time flies. what is up with that ****, if only work was the same, everyone around the planet would love working, LOL.
but like I said manual targeting may be great and very exhilarating, but it really is a time killer.

right onwards and upwards with modifying all these files again,
i assume "OM" will be more tricky, Uboats, going have to be careful what I mod on this one, don't want to give the enemy any torpedoes that can travel 15000.0 meters LOL,

Last edited by Registered55; 12-29-09 at 11:08 PM.
Old 01-02-10, 05:29 AM   #319
Truckerich
Watch

Downloads: 2062
Uploads: 0
Try This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Registered55 View Post
I have noticed a small problem, on my 1st patrol when I to the place where I'm suppose to go, (Binoculars icon), the game doesn't seem to detect that I have arrived, I keep going on the spot, around the spot, but nothing, the game does not acknowledged that I have arrived,

I have incorporated some changes over from Silent Hunter Elite 1.5.1, but I manually copied the changes over, and have been very careful in what was adjusted, all the changes made were to crew, data of equipment, torpedo load-out and ammo, and edited properties of sensors, torpedoes speed, and subs properties as well (mileage, speed ect).

i mainly have only changed the Balo Class Sub, and i have given my self that sub to start with in pearl harbour,

i know i have messed with the files, my question is, has this problem ever occured or been reported with the stock FOTRS, or is this the 1st time this has happened, that way i will know if it was my chnages or perhaps a bit of both, or something. reason i ask is it takes me nearly 2 hours too adjust all the files necessary, and starting from scratch is always daunting.

only side effect i have noticed with this mod over the others, and that is it takes ages for my sub to come to a stop, i have crossed referenced the changes i've made with this compared to other mods, and i have not found any reason caused by me to explain the long time it takes for the sub to slow to a complete stop, i assume it has something todo with global drag of the sub
I had the same issue BUT when I patroled a larger radius then it reconiozed me. I liked that when it said I completed the patrol area it gave me more orders every time I completeda task.
Truckerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-10, 04:32 PM   #320
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18
Default anti submarine shells of the IJN

from the USN mission to Japan 1946.

Antisub shells ! oh my !

keltos

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-10, 12:12 AM   #321
Rowddy
Gunner

Downloads: 202

I have a question i just got a new PC and installed SH 4 with RFB but is this MOD compatible with RFB 2.0? I must congratulate you on a MOD well done anyway
Rowddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-10, 05:46 PM   #322
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:

I have a question i just got a new PC and installed SH 4 with RFB but is this MOD compatible with RFB 2.0?

Nope, afraid it isn't. RFB 2.0 and FOTRS have are non compatible.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

Last edited by cdrsubron7; 01-09-10 at 03:21 PM.
cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-10, 03:55 PM   #323
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

I'm just wondering if anyone else has run into this problem. I'm sailing in the USS Lionfish out of Fremantle in early '44 (Feb, March, April) and every time I'm either in the Luzon Straits or the South China Sea I've encountered a Japanese Task Force made up entirely of Akizuki DDs. The number of destroyers can be from 3 up to 23. As soon as I've encountered this task force FOTRS totally bogs down and soon creates a CTD. I've tried looking through the campaign files using the ME but have been unable to find the this task force and delete it.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-10, 06:58 AM   #324
AOTD_MadMax
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 71

Hello Captains,

my Clanmate Rhonen actually presents you first pictures of the Kaga !
She will be a part of the next Upgrade for FOTRS !

Here she is :

Regards

AOTD|Rhonen / AOTD|MadMax
Old 01-29-10, 08:58 AM   #325
seaplate hitman
Medic

Great work! we looking forward to you make it !
seaplate hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-10, 12:58 PM   #326
-BISMARCK-
Watch

Downloads: 132

good and I downloaded this mod and have a wonderful problem lijero the grates of the map to the contacts which lleba indicates the direction to the enemy ship is taken and I wonder if there is any bolbo mod to put it or if someone can tell me files should be modified or to have it clear for bolbo
-BISMARCK- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-10, 05:10 AM   #327
AOTD_MadMax
Seasoned Skipper

Here some more details from the upcomming IJN Kaga !

Regards

Maddy
Old 01-31-10, 07:27 AM   #328
jimbob126
Nub

Downloads: 111
help

hi all yeah im new at this site and was wondering if i could sime help what it is i downloaded the mod enabler now i have 2 mods the fall of the rising sun and a sub what it is i enabled the fors mod and when i statred the game it didnt change anything it was like the mod wasnt there please tell what im surposed to be doing is the mods folderr surposed to be in the silint hunter 4 folder also i do have u-boat mission's if any1 can help
thanks
jimbob126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-10, 06:14 PM   #329
AOTD_MadMax
Seasoned Skipper

Hello Captains,

the next Upgrade for FOTRS got 3 new Destroyers and the IJN Kaga.

Here the fresh finished Destroyer for the US-Navy.

1.) Allan M.Sumner Class

2.) Robert H. Smith Class

3.) Benson/Gleaves Class

Regards

Maddy
Old 01-31-10, 10:08 PM   #330
AOTD_MadMax
Seasoned Skipper

Hiho, iam here again.

Last but not least, a latewar Fletcher should not be missed in FOTRS !

He got more and better AA and much more K-Guns against japanese and german subs as the first versions of the Fletcher.

On this picture you can see the changes !

Hope you like him.
I think this one is a nice addition to Keltos IJN Submod.

Best Regards

Maddy