SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-15-08, 10:53 AM   #16
SeaWolf U-57
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 92
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graf Paper
Hooray for another blow struck in the name of the "Cult of Real".

While many people play this game for the "feel" of being a u-boat captain in World War II, I seriously doubt many embrace the ideals of the Nazi party.

And in certain countries, any representation of the ideals those thugs stood for is illegal (which bears some irony when conisdering this game was made under the banner of a French company).

Let's not forget what those swastikas represent. I am left feeling somewhat sick at the romanticizing of the Kriegsmarine and U-bootwaffe. "They weren't really Nazis." is a glossing over of the facts about those captians and their crews. Those men still wore the swastika and did nothing to stand against it. They fought to support and propagate the rule of Hitler and the Nazi Party. There was nothing noble in that. Funny how there was not a single Nazi to be found when the Allies rolled into Berlin. Everyone swore they were gum-chewing, American-loving, democrats who were held in the grip of fear to do things against their will. Bah!

Ah, well. Time erodes all things, including belief in what is right and wrong.

The ships still sink and the u-boats still dive the same as they have done with other visual mods. The mechanics are still "real". Only the paint scheme and government has changed.

If you feel you must be a "virtual" Nazi to play this game then you don't have to download this mod.

I applaud your efforts, Wolf359! You've made this game far more enjoyable for those who do not wish to sail under the flag of butchers. Keep up the good work!

Oh, by the way, Contact... you did make yourself rude and impolite.
well done i misspelt a word and insulted a country you did it without
SeaWolf U-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-08, 02:59 PM   #17
Hellraiser
Gunner

Downloads: 82
Default Uhhhh

An absolutely SILLY (read: POINTLESS) concept....'Imperial Germany' Mod???? :rotfl:

So let me get this straight...you're perfectly willing to wage unrestricted u-boat warfare, simulating sinking ships, killing virtual people and generally wreaking havoc upon the worlds shipping lanes...yet you are troubled by the flag you sail under?? As if somehow it's less aggressive or offensive to kill under a different symbol...

BWaaaahaaaahaaaa haaa....me says. You should have went ALL the way and painted Peace symbols on the subs!! Or maybe pink subs with pillow tipped torpedoes.

Gimme a virtual break with the pathetic political correctness.

Last edited by Hellraiser; 10-15-08 at 03:23 PM.
Hellraiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-08, 03:43 PM   #18
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Gentlemen, please cool it a little bit in the thread. If someone wants Imperial German boats, why not? It's a game. Alternate history can be pretty fun, too, if you have a bit of imagination. So can super-realistic roleplay. Let's not deny either one to people who want to engage in them - and leave those options open and rightly valid.

It's a neat idea for a mod. Why not indeed?

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-08, 05:12 PM   #19
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

... Yeah ok lets just tolerate everything!!! lets remove swastikas, lets say real nazis werent nazis, it's just Hitler with Musolini alone were nazis and the rest were just innocent ppl ? total bull****! No gentlemens. The whole nation who believes, fights for it and trusts in one or another ideology becomes its carrier and gives the strength for it to grow!
so ok lets face it the way it was and forget it ?

And why u ppl thing that swastika is the only sign of evil ? pls watch a movie called: "Soviet story" and u will change your mind soon on who was who years before nazis became an evil power. Where the whole world knew about Stalin's crimes against humanity which lasted from 1932 and lots of years after the WW2 and did nothing to stop it!

This is just a small part ot documentary film "The soviet story" I would like to show u:
I can tell - cold shiver crosses whole body watching it all

And pls no need to step on my conscience here. discussion is hot in this thread, well this might be exactly what I need it to be.

Last edited by Contact; 10-16-08 at 05:11 AM.
Old 10-15-08, 08:39 PM   #20
Graf Paper
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 41

Agreed, Contact. The red star is even more infamous than the swastika, yet few in the western countries know just how terrible it really was.

Stalin butchered more of his own countrymen in the name of "solidarity" than Hitler ever dreamed of with the Holocaust.

This is just a game. It is only a simulation by the greatest stretch of the term. How you go about sinking ships has nothing to do with political belief in this game, whether your sub is pink or you prefer to strap POWs to your torpedoes before launching them.

As I said before, if any of you feel you must have the Third Reich in this game to make you happy, then you're free to do so but coming down on Wolf359 for his choice to "rewrite" history to prevent the promotion of fascism is not only rude but another form of fascism of its own kind.

This mod is still a work of great craftsmanship and many hours of labor. Wolf worked hard on it and I really doubt that any of his critics have the will to create such a large mod of their own.

As it has been observed in so many mod forums...it is far easier to bitch like a spoiled girl than it is to create.

You ought to be ashamed of yourselves for such behavior.

But, then again, you'll cry just as loudly when the modders disappear completely to leave you hanging...like you did when driving off some very brilliant talents we used to have around here.

I salute you for your skill and creativity, Wolf359! Keep at it and don't give up! You've got talent.
Old 10-15-08, 08:41 PM   #21
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graf Paper
it is far easier to bitch like a spoiled girl than it is to create
:rotfl: i second this remark. so i started creating
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-08, 10:05 PM   #22
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Ok, guys, let's take a breath and keep this thread in the green, ok?
Old 10-15-08, 11:57 PM   #23
Graf Paper
Ace of the Deep

Jawol, herr Großadmiral!

I just had to speak my conscience and stick up for Wolf359 and his hard work.

I've said my piece and will keep my peace now.

By the way, Neal...I've always thought a great avatar for you would be the Duke from one of his navy films. Been saving it for a special occasion? :p
Old 10-16-08, 02:41 AM   #24
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I'm sorry but this one is too personal now: "like you did when driving off some very brilliant talents we used to have around here." ?

what do u mean by that ? name that spoilled modder who couldn't stand my little crittics and ran away ? Cuz I don't believe in any of what u're saying now. I'm always say what I think, no matter is it good or bad. Cuz we all sharing our ideas, disscussing any sort of advantages and disadvantages of our mods and I hope there is no restrictments to be honest on what I really think about some of them.
Or is it "acceptable" to just only say good things ? when u really don't think so ?

Wake up already, this is not some sort of wonderland where everyone should be happy about everything. I personally think, Graf, u feel symphathy for this person and that's why u feel so desperate to stand by his side.

Returning back to the mod idea I will repeat myself again. This mod is just a waste of time from my point of view. No ones promoting here any nacizm or fashism ideas. I just don't like ppl who can't accept the natural history with all the damn signs it had.
USSR made a lot more peace/war crimes but why the exposure of it's sign is ment to be a good joke, while nazi sign is bad joke ? why ? why there is no ban on soviet signs in ourdays then ? I'll leave this to your judgement.

I'm adding torrent download to "the Soviet Story" http://search.utorrent.com/search.ph...6search%3d&u=1
Watch it till the end and then tell me.. can soviet crimes be still justified ? Does it wided your eyeshot ? And was it realy Hitler the biggest demon of last century ?

And for the end how many of u ppl will acctually use this mod after vaunting it ?

Good mod is good when it is in correct place I think..
This is my final post to this thread. Thank You.

Last edited by Contact; 10-16-08 at 05:35 AM.
Old 10-16-08, 07:03 AM   #25
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

As CCIP mentioned a few posts back at the end of the day it is just a game. Wolf has no hidden agenda, he has stated this more or less a bunch of times here.

As Neal has stated, let's keep our cool. There has been more than a few threads here regarding the moralities of war, do a search and you will come across them. Let's keep this thread on track

RDP

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-08, 03:29 AM   #26
Wolf359
Navy Dude

Downloads: 3
Ahoy to all.
As I promised this Monday I finished my work on Type XIV tanker sub.

I will upload pictures under IGM development thread very soon.
DOWNLOAD:
http://igm.elementfx.com/igm_download_links.htm

GWX Expansion mod link: http://thegreywolves.com/
Wolf359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-08, 05:26 AM   #27
Wolf359
Navy Dude

ANSWER on QUESTION WHY I ADD DONATION SECTION...

I must tell that I DON’T INSIST OR PRAY FOR DONATIONS!

I add donation section because I see that some game mods and software sites have this option and most of bigger game mods have sponsors.

When add donation section I can simply only add donation section without written any reason and proof WHY I ADD IT. However, I decide to tell truth to you WHY I ADD IT ON MY PAGE.

Biggest difference between my IGM mod and other mods is: I MADE IGM WITHOUT ANY HELP and I DON'T HAVE XP IN MODING BEFORE I START TO WORK ON IGM.

Most of mods are maked by group of friends/people and have more new/modified features because WHEN YOU HAVE FEW FRIENDS WHO IS EXPERT IN DIFFERENT MODING ASPECTS (SKINNING, MODELING SCRIPTING ETC.) YOU CAN MADE BETTER AND BIGGER MOD WITH MORE FEATURES, MUCH FASTER with GREATER QUALITY!

In addition, most of moder groups when finished they mod (if it been accepted positive by gamers) add donation options on they websites or find some sponsors.

DOWNLOAD:

Old 10-18-08, 05:47 AM   #28
Wolf359
Navy Dude

You can see Type XIV reskin pictures on this link: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...d=1#post965348

Now I can start work on MORE DIFFICULT TASK TO ADD FLAG ON CONNING TOWERS MAST FOR ALL SUBS IN SH3!

This task will been difficult because I don't have scripting XP which is necessary for add flag textures on its place on mast.

However I will contact RACERBOY and MUST ASK HIM FOR PERMISSION FOR USING THEY FLAG MOD FOR Type VII B SUB AS BASE OF MY FLAG MOD and for some instructions/FAQ which SH3 files I must modified for adding flag on other subs.

Stay tuned for new IGM NEWS!

Ahoy
DOWNLOAD:

Old 10-18-08, 06:01 AM   #29
Wolf359
Navy Dude

I MUST apologies to SUBSIM WEBMASTERS and to ALL SUBSIM MEMBERS because this thread don't follow its title and maybe this discussion about my donation become unacceptable for SUBSIM.

I really don't vent this situation...

Thanks
DOWNLOAD:

Old 10-18-08, 11:27 AM   #30
Graf Paper
Ace of the Deep

Don't worry so much about the donation issue, Wolf.

If Neal and RDP haven't objected then you're okay.

Even Subsim relies on donations and their online store to cover costs related to keeping this community going.

As for adding flags to the u-boats, you can use Racerboy's Flags and Pennants mod. He has stated before that anyone ( this includes you! ) is free to use his mods for their own projects so long as you give him credit in the Readme or whatever kind of documentation you include with your mod.

So don't hesitate to start adding those flags!

If you haven't already done so, check out skwas' excellent modding tool, Silent 3ditor, also known as S3D. It makes editing many things a good deal easier.

Wings3D is a free 3D modeling program that is popular with many modders around here.

Some very good info on how the nodes and other values for the models are used in SH3 is Racerboy's "Modders Bible For SHIII". It's very technical but can be really useful for adding effects ( like flags ) and many other features.

Here's a link to Racerboy's Filefront page... http://hosted.filefront.com/TazmanianDevilR

You can find many good things there that should be most helpful.

Looking forward to what you create!