SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-20-18, 05:03 PM   #1
Ironslayer
Swabbie

Downloads: 62
Uploads: 0
Default SH4 probs

Hello all, Ironslayer here, well it`s like this. I`m running SH4 with The Burbsters complete mod package. Alls been fine till now, but now when I load my last save it`s okay till I go to the map view and press plus (+) for accelerate it goes all slow and jittery and won`t go beyond 256 acceleration. The save file is about 500 or so megs big so is this the prob? I`m also using Large Address Aware I got from here. Was working fine and dandy but now.....
Intel Core 2 Quad. Win 7 64 bit SP1. 8 gig of DDR 2 @ 400Mhz Sys Ram and Nvidia GeForce GT 730 with 4095 of Ram. This is really annoying as it`s been working real well up to now. Any suggestions?? Cheers Ironslayer
Ironslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-18, 05:38 PM   #2
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi Ironslayer
Frame rates in the nav map will drop as you expand the map and also TC has a significant part to play as well.

Your position as to the traffic around you and closeness to ports also has a significant bearing regarding your frame rates and stuttering.

In relation to your half a gig of saved game files is there any reason why you need to keep so many?
If these saved games relate to a number of completed missions then there is no reason why you cannot delete a number of these as they no longer serve any useful purpose.

I you have added any additional mods then please post your list as propbeaie has suggested.
Post #9 JSGME How To Export Your Mod List To A Subsim Post > Pictorial

Peter

Last edited by THEBERBSTER; 12-21-18 at 03:47 AM.
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-18, 06:33 PM   #3
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Ironslayer, go ahead and post your mod list for THEBERBSTER, and let him see what you've got running. I thought I'd also mention that if you are saving each time over the same save file, they will get rather large, and can slow down your computer. If instead, you have multiple saves, then as THEBERBSTER mentions, getting rid of the extras will help. Generally speaking, shorter patrols make for smaller saves, though that does increase "drive time" if your home port is rather a distance from the patrol area... Another thing, run the LAA app again, and make certain that it is set to "True" for the SH4.exe file...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-18, 09:05 PM   #4
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironslayer View Post
Hello all, Ironslayer here, well it`s like this. I`m running SH4 with The Burbsters complete mod package. Alls been fine till now, but now when I load my last save it`s okay till I go to the map view and press plus (+) for accelerate it goes all slow and jittery and won`t go beyond 256 acceleration. The save file is about 500 or so megs big so is this the prob? I`m also using Large Address Aware I got from here. Was working fine and dandy but now.....
Intel Core 2 Quad. Win 7 64 bit SP1. 8 gig of DDR 2 @ 400Mhz Sys Ram and Nvidia GeForce GT 730 with 4095 of Ram. This is really annoying as it`s been working real well up to now. Any suggestions?? Cheers Ironslayer
as theberbster has suggested, publish your mod list. normally, we(subsim captains) use the tool in JSGME that captures your list very neatly and copies it to the windows Clipboard for you to easily paste here.

btw, are playing the US side or the German side, at the moment?
oh, yes, and welcome to subsim.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-18, 01:08 PM   #5
Ironslayer
Swabbie

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[D:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific\MODS]

1 Game Fixes Only Mod v1.1
6 Bigger Better Protractors
5 Webster's No Crew Fatigue
8 Webster's Upgraded Deck Gun v2
no trembling
17 Remove grain effect
13 sobers compass mod_version color
16 Webster's Eliminate Floating Plankton

Hi all, a very big thanks for the input much appreciated, ive deleted the other saves up to my current one which stands at 500MB. Ello Burbster here`s a list of the mods enabled in JSGME, I picked these ones as enabling Mod 1 clashed with all but the others i`ve enabled. Now to me a 500Mb save is pretty substantial but if I delete it i`ll wipe out all my hard work or that`s what I think? I`m no slouch when it comes to gaming or PCs for that matter, however i`m no modder!! These Mods I must say to all concerned are truly a work of Art! Wish I had the knack of it! A big thanks to you all. Ironslayer
Old 12-21-18, 01:33 PM   #6
Ironslayer
Swabbie

By the way Mark Bonamer, I,m playing the American Career Side at the moment mate.
Old 12-21-18, 01:34 PM   #7
Ironslayer
Swabbie

And thank you! It`s nice to feel welcome!!
Old 12-21-18, 03:46 PM   #8
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi Ironslayer
You need to add this mod "Webster’s New Orders Bar Menu for v1.5" after the main mod 1 if you are not going to use MaxOptics IV for GFO 1.1 as it is included in it.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1192
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote