SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-08, 12:41 AM   #46
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann
Quote:
Originally Posted by clayton
Quote:
Coolio. Make sure to wear clean bell-bottoms in the morning. White shows dirt so easily.
You son of a *****. You waited until I logged out to get the last word in!

You worry about ironing that dress of yours. I'll handle my bell-bottoms. :rotfl:

Now, I'm out!!!
AHA! I logged back in too! Take that!

I tell you what though. I almost WOULD WEAR A DRESS to church if CCIP would promise to STOP posting pictures of himself here at Subsim. <Gawd! I thought I was ugly.>
Damnit
I know, man... I know. Those images of CCIP just get burned into your mind and there is JUST no way to get them OUT! Sorry you had to see them. That pukey-gak-fu feeling becomes tolerable given enough time. Its just that there are SO MANY of them. Some people just have no mercy.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Old 03-23-08, 01:25 AM   #47
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

I KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL YOU ALL

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
Old 03-23-08, 02:00 AM   #48
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

See what I mean clayton?

Part #259 of the CCIP fashion show. Somebody please take CCIP's cameras and mirrors away.

Now he has the nerve to claim lines from 'Achmed the Dead Terrorist.'

S'okay though. Privateer beat him to it.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Old 03-23-08, 02:36 AM   #49
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulle34
Like SH 5 Atlantic
Haven't you heard, SH5 the Wolves of the Great Lakes. Holland Boats.
Old 03-23-08, 02:44 AM   #50
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
The way I see it is that SHIV has so much promise......the PTO is a vast area.

Look what has already been achieved in SHIV by some very talented people.

Just imagine what may be achieved in the months and years ahead.

All that is needed is a little patience.
Right on Jimbuna!!!! In less than year it has grown like it was on steroids.

...or something like this:

Fee Fi fo Fum, I thought I smelled the blood of an Englishman. I will destroy you all.
Old 03-23-08, 06:28 AM   #51
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
I'm beginning to think that MOST Silent-Hunter series players.... need psychological therapy.

<Here now... lie down on the bunk and tell me about your boat.>

<mmHmm... scribbles notes... mhmm.>

<Do you feel the occasional urge to torpedo yourself?>

<Do you feel as if the C.O.B. is undressing you with his eyes?>

<Do you feel that you are becoming a Nazi when you climb into a U-boat?>

<Do you enjoy German or American sausage?>

<What does this ink-blot look like to you.>

<mmHmm... scribbles notes... mhmm.>

This is the most intelligent analysis I have read to date on this forum. We do need psychological therapy. A bottle of prescibed pills might be in order as well. We are all bobbing around in our gray matter looking at a pixel world destroying pixel ships in our pixel submarines. We all live in a pixel submarine, a pixel submarine, a pixel submarine... (sung to the Beatles Yellow Submarine). Don't forget the marmalade skys brought to you by ROW! BTW, the ink blot looks like the oil pouring out of that fat pixel tanker I just whacked with my pixel torpedo. :p I like German sausage...it' in my blood and I can prove were it came from back to the 1700's in Germany.

Get over this folks. The schoolyard banter is really getting us nowhere and very fast. Now go to your pixel world with pixel ships and sink them with your pixel torpedo in your favorite pixel boat. Straight jackets for everyone!!! This round is on me! I hope I get one in a off-brown color. It favors my eyes. I hope my padded cell is very plush just in case I have some entertaining to do. Nurse Ratchet, we are going to watch the damn World Series. This place really is the Coo-Coo Nest. "Badia, badia, badia....that's all folks".....Porky Pig. Hmmmm, is Porky German or American....does this relate back to the sausage question? :hmm: Good night Gracie.
Old 03-23-08, 07:06 AM   #52
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:

WTF!! .....I AM ON MY WAY RIGHT NOW!!

Somebody might want to call a

I hope they're carrying some pixel plasters and bandages

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Old 03-23-08, 07:24 AM   #53
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
I didn't even want to get into that one!! :rotfl:
Old 03-23-08, 08:40 AM   #54
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
Quote:

WTF!! .....I AM ON MY WAY RIGHT NOW!!

Somebody might want to call a

I hope they're carrying some pixel plasters and bandages

Jimbuna, you naughty little boy....
I never knew!

D'oh too late!

Old 03-23-08, 12:15 PM   #55
Bewolf
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Best thread on the subject so far. I've always enjoyed subs and played SH3 into oblivion. Then looked forward to SH IV and the Pacific.

Granted, I didn't like SHIV at first, most for the interface, distance to immersion compared to SHIII and game bugs. Took all the fun out of it at first. But by now it is a pretty playable game with tons of potential.
I liked the subject matter and sailing an american sub was highly interesting, though a bit boring in the long as things actually became easier over time. I never ment that to piss of the Pacific folks, but because that was my honest impression. And japanese ASW was a joke compared to the threats mastered before. Nevertheless, it was fun, a whole new atmosphere and great joy.

Till the U boat missions were announced. First I was really looking forward to it, but then I felt the hate. Pacific drivers, instead of beeing happy for the u boat crowds and the potential of a truly global game, which also includes lots of US Atlantic action potential, got all hostile and passive agressive all of a sudden. U boat disses whereever you looked. A huge dissapointment right there.

Phrases like "The irony, is that many of the "daring do" exploits people like to do in their virtual uboats, actually occured in the pacific and not the atlantic." makes me shake my head. These ppl obviously grew up in a world of propaganda, where their own ppl were daring heroes on dangerous missions, while the enemy was a grey dull mass of brainless order executers. A grave lack of education in these regards.

That came and still comes as a great dissapointment and actually gave me a pretty "anti" stance towards the Pacific and their followers. Which is a shame really.

So this thread may help in that. I intended to open a thread just for the purpose of clearing things up anyways. And I am more then willing to bet that some of those hostile pacific fans only started acting this way because they got burned themselves by some atlantic morons. So it's not a one sided thing.

Old 03-23-08, 12:24 PM   #56
joea
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 25

Well said Bewolf!!
Old 03-23-08, 12:46 PM   #57
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewolf

Phrases like "The irony, is that many of the "daring do" exploits people like to do in their virtual uboats, actually occured in the pacific and not the atlantic." makes me shake my head. These ppl obviously grew up in a world of propaganda, where their own ppl were daring heroes on dangerous missions, while the enemy was a grey dull mass of brainless order executers. A grave lack of education in these regards.
Actually, i'm very well and equally versed in both The Atlantic U-boat campaign AND the Pacific submarine campaign. My statement stands. Sorry for busting your bubble with a little dash of reality.

edit:

Quote:
Till the U boat missions were announced. First I was really looking forward to it, but then I felt the hate. Pacific drivers, instead of beeing happy for the u boat crowds and the potential of a truly global game, which also includes lots of US Atlantic action potential, got all hostile and passive agressive all of a sudden. U boat disses whereever you looked. A huge dissapointment right there.
Imagine that the last Uboat sim was SH1, (made 12 years ago), and every sim since then, you've had nothing but Fleetboats shoved at you when all you wanted was a Uboat sim. So you finally get a uboat sim, and not too long there after, people start trying to convert it back to ANOTHER fleetboat sim. Whats more, since it has such a huge and rabid fanboy following, it threatens to stunt the growth of the campaign you wanted because the majority of community efforts will go to the theater that youve had to put up for several years. AND THEN, you have Fleetboat fans making posts like this:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...3&postcount=33

You might just be a little upset.

Last edited by Ducimus; 03-23-08 at 01:03 PM.
Old 03-23-08, 01:11 PM   #58
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewolf

Actually, i'm very well and equally versed in both The Atlantic U-boat campaign AND the Pacific submarine campaign. My statement stands. Sorry for busting your bubble with a little dash of reality.

edit:

Quote:
Imagine that the last Uboat sim was SH1, (made 12 years ago), and every sim since then, you've had nothing but Fleetboats shoved at you when all you wanted was a Uboat sim. So you finally get a uboat sim, and not too long there after, people start trying to convert it back to ANOTHER fleetboat sim. Whats more, since it has such a huge and rabid fanboy following, it threatens to stunt the growth of the campaign you wanted because the majority of community efforts will go to the theater that youve had to put up for several years. AND THEN, you have Fleetboat fans making posts like this:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...3&postcount=33

You might just be a little upset.
What the man said.

That post Duci quoted is just asking for trouble.

I prefer the Fleet Boats because I have fond memories of SH1 and also like the change from the Germans.

Having said that I'll still get the addon for any extras included for the Pacific.

If I want to go back to the ETO, give me a S, T or U Class boat.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
Old 03-23-08, 01:53 PM   #59
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Best thread on the subject so far. I've always enjoyed subs and played SH3 into oblivion. Then looked forward to SH IV and the Pacific.
I played SH3 to death. It was time for a change of scenery.

Quote:
Granted, I didn't like SHIV at first, most for the interface, distance to immersion compared to SHIII and game bugs. Took all the fun out of it at first. But by now it is a pretty playable game with tons of potential.
I liked the subject matter and sailing an american sub was highly interesting, though a bit boring in the long as things actually became easier over time. I never ment that to piss of the Pacific folks, but because that was my honest impression. And japanese ASW was a joke compared to the threats mastered before. Nevertheless, it was fun, a whole new atmosphere and great joy.
Yes, the Pacific does not seem as gripping as the Atlantic but again, new atmosphere and new game to enjoy. I also got tired of getting spanked all the time in the Atlantic.

Quote:
I'm extemely happy for the u boat crowd. The SH4 engine is very nice and I would hope the u boat crowd would take advantage of it. It seems some are doing so. I see Penelope is getting very active with it. She is an avid fan of the u boats. Quite frankly, once a decent mod for the SH4 uboats in the Atlantic is available, I will certainly patrol those waters again. As far as the 'dissess', the 'dissing' was mutual.

Quote:
You just might want to stand back and qualify this statement. Very open ended and open for ridicule. Is this were the 'dissing' comes into play from the u boat fan?

Quote:
That came and still comes as a great dissapointment and actually gave me a pretty "anti" stance towards the Pacific and their followers. Which is a shame really.
Sorry for your disappointment. No were in the manual did it say the player must make Bewolf happy. For that matter the manual did not say much of anything.

Quote:
So this thread may help in that. I intended to open a thread just for the purpose of clearing things up anyways. And I am more then willing to bet that some of those hostile pacific fans only started acting this way because they got burned themselves by some atlantic morons. So it's not a one sided thing.
I recommend you do not start such a thread. The only clear thing I see here is your distaste for the other members of the forum who would like the Pacific. Therefore, any thoughts of yours look to be skewed. I also detect a bit of hostility towards a certain member. That member has been a bit hostile as well. Mutual hostility. I see your post here as one sided. But hey, that is just me. I think perhaps is a good time to move on from this thread.

Last edited by AVGWarhawk; 03-23-08 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-23-08, 02:06 PM   #60
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
Quote:
I didn't even want to get into that one!! :rotfl:

Time to get comfortable perhaps

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Closed Thread