SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-09-18, 12:43 PM   #1
cobalt
Commander

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0
Default Poor graphics

I just decided to try sh4 for the first time and im having some trouble. Im trying to play on 4k and the game seems to me like its at 800x600. The graphics are downright awful and with huge jagged edges. At a high resolution shouldnt the edges go away for the most part? Ive also tried to force it on my nvidia cp without luck. Any thoughts? Idk if its displaying at a smaller resolution and scaling up or if the game just looks like complete trash. Ive tried switching it to windowed mode and it still is as large as my screen and seems to fit, but the graphics remain the same. The ui resolution seems to be correct but small. I dont get it, it really does not seem like a high resolution image at all...

edit:
After some testing it appears that changing the resolution in game only has an effect on the menu and ui. The 3d graphics in game are not effected by changing resolution. Is this for real? Did ubisoft really **** the bed that hard on this game or am I having some strange compatibility problem?

here is a picture
https://imgur.com/a/J5Pz6UP

edit:

I just needed to patch the game D:

Last edited by cobalt; 12-09-18 at 03:25 PM.
cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-18, 04:02 PM   #2
Front Runner
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 215
Default nVidia Inspector

Use nVidia Inspector to help get rid of the jaggies and apply some nice graphics effects to this 2007 Ubisoft title. It's actually a pretty decent game for being 11 years old!

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details...-download.html

If you are new to this game, read some of the posts concerning nVidia graphics settings and game play in general.

I've got mine set up nicely. I'm playing at an (8x5) 1920x1200 resolution. You are right about the UI being small at higher resolutions. There are some mods that help.

Once you've got the game up and running to your liking check out some of the "Super Mods" like FOTRSUv7.1 (beta) and Ralles Mod Soup.

Gone but not forgotten, RIP Dave "LeoVampire".
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-18, 04:48 PM   #3
Red Devil
The Old Man

Downloads: 258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Runner View Post
Once you've got the game up and running to your liking check out some of the "Super Mods" like FOTRSUv7.1 (beta) and Ralles Mod Soup.
Whats FOTRSU etc, been absent for a month; had a look through SH4 mods couldn't find it.
>
Darkness is only the absence of Light; Ignorance is only the absence of knowledge ©

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Red Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-18, 06:27 PM   #4
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
Whats FOTRSU etc, been absent for a month; had a look through SH4 mods couldn't find it.
It is a really nice mod. I have been giving it a run through. The latest is a BETA version so give it a try and report what you find.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-18, 06:41 PM   #5
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270

everything you wanted to know about Ultimate. please keep inmind that FOTRS has nothing to do with Ultimate AND Ultimate is still under development.
good luck and good hunting.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-18, 04:51 AM   #6
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Runner View Post
Use nVidia Inspector to help get rid of the jaggies and apply some nice graphics effects to this 2007 Ubisoft title. It's actually a pretty decent game for being 11 years old!

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details...-download.html

If you are new to this game, read some of the posts concerning nVidia graphics settings and game play in general.

I've got mine set up nicely. I'm playing at an (8x5) 1920x1200 resolution. You are right about the UI being small at higher resolutions. There are some mods that help.

Do you mind sharing nvidia inspector profile. With us i am struggling finding a good graphic

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote