SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-07-17, 11:03 PM   #1
Dez Tag
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Cant get game installation to start, have trawled forums

Hi all, just signed up for an account, remember viewing this forum years back when I first tried Silent Hunter. Got a better system now so I'm going for it!!

So, background. I own the Silent Hunter Collection on GamersGate. The game version on downloaded is 1.3. I managed to install my copy of SH4+Uboats years back on an old laptop no worries.

My Current Laptop: Windows 10 Home, i7 6700, GTX 960, SSD and HDD. Game download is on SSD.

What Happens: I load the application, it shows me the options (play, install, register ,manual etc.). When I click Install I instantly get an error "Could not run SetUp Program". I've tried running with compatibility modes Windows 7 through Vista, as administrator and disabling scaling on high DPI. I've tried to run the application from my HDD, same result. This is also happening for SH 4 Uboats and SH 3.

I downloaded another game from my GamersGate library of a similar vintage and the installer on that works fine.

It seems like everyone else only runs into woes once the installation is complete...

I havnt installed Tages (because, well, f that program). The read me says nothing about having to install Tages pre-game installation. Might that be my issue? Looking for conformation before I commit such a sin to my lovely new laptop

Cheers in advance for the help,
Dez Tag
Dez Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-17, 11:20 AM   #2
spec24
Swabbie

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0

I am having the same problem, though mine was from D2D.
spec24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-17, 03:14 PM   #3
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Sorry Dez Tag, for some one of us not seeing your post at least four months ago...

So spec24, when you run your installer, you get the little Ubisoft window for the install dialog? When you click that first Install button, do you go to another screen and then crash from it, or right away after pressing the first button? Are you using Windows 10 also? All the latest / greatest "updates"?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote