Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-14-19, 06:53 PM   #1
Rwearjr
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 199
Uploads: 0
Default Weather

Hello all, and happy hunting.
I would like to ask a question regarding the changing weather patterns, or lack thereof. I am using stock TWoS 2.2.9. So, after starting a new campaign I notice the weather changes 4-6 times approximately per 24 hr cycle, however after I have been involved in the campaign beyond 3-4 patrols the weather begins to change less and less until eventually it will only change every 48 hours when I save and re-start my patrol. This forces me to re-start until I get acceptable weather, not because I mind playing in inclement weather, but because I know it won't change again until I save and restart. Is there a way to resolve this issue? I have tried shutting down and restarting the game, to no avail.

Thank all my fellow Kaleuns in advance,
-Wayne U-203 Lorient
Rwearjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-19, 01:00 AM   #2
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

I don’t think something can be done except by the Dynamic Environment author...but weather not changing after 24/48 h seems quite realistic to me and good gameplay compromise vs reality where the weather could be stuck for week

Just my thought
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-19, 03:13 AM   #3
italianmarine
A-ganger

Downloads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwearjr View Post
Hello all, and happy hunting.
I would like to ask a question regarding the changing weather patterns, or lack thereof. I am using stock TWoS 2.2.9. So, after starting a new campaign I notice the weather changes 4-6 times approximately per 24 hr cycle, however after I have been involved in the campaign beyond 3-4 patrols the weather begins to change less and less until eventually it will only change every 48 hours when I save and re-start my patrol. This forces me to re-start until I get acceptable weather, not because I mind playing in inclement weather, but because I know it won't change again until I save and restart. Is there a way to resolve this issue? I have tried shutting down and restarting the game, to no avail.

Thank all my fellow Kaleuns in advance,
-Wayne U-203 Lorient
Yesterday I followed a small convoy for 39 hours with rough sea (October 39) and there was no possibility to shoot a torpedo since it would detonate earlier due to the high waves. I don't mind to behave like a wolf and stalk the prey until I get the right moment to attack.
Then the weather started to get better. Still not good enough to use the deck gun but at least good enough for torpedo attacks.

I don`t know exactly how the weather works with TWOS 2.2.9 but I noticed too, that when I save with rough conditions, the weather is different when I reload the savegame.

Last edited by italianmarine; 01-16-19 at 02:53 AM.
italianmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-19, 07:44 PM   #4
Rwearjr
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 199

Thanks for both replies. It seems to be some type of bug which sets in after a campaign extends beyond 2-3 patrols. Initially the weather will change, not routinely but on average 2-4 times per 24 hr cycle. Yes, there are times when a certain weather pattern, say medium fog for instance, will set in for several days, however even when this occurs the cloud cover will vary along with wind speed throughout the day. Once the "bug" sets in however you will get one weather pattern say "light fog, 9 mps wind and clear" for 48 hrs, and it will change only when you save and re-load the game. Hence, if you get bad weather you know that no matter what it will be there for at least 48 hours, sometimes repeating again after a re-load. The game remains then this way until a new campaign is started. The weather never changes again in mid patrol, only when a save/ reload occurs, you can hit the weather icon right after the save is reloaded, and see the new pattern, and watch the wind speed go up or down with time compression. Its a small gripe for as awesome as the game is with TWoS. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed it, and if there might be a way to resolve, and get the "dynamic weather" back. I really enjoyed having say "medium fog" then suddenly while stalking a convoy have the fog lift, or the other possible, and realistic scenarios.

Happy hunting!

-Wayne U-203 Lorient
Rwearjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-22, 01:28 PM   #5
Jean Led
Seaman

Downloads: 44
Default same issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwearjr View Post
Thanks for both replies. It seems to be some type of bug which sets in after a campaign extends beyond 2-3 patrols. Initially the weather will change, not routinely but on average 2-4 times per 24 hr cycle. Yes, there are times when a certain weather pattern, say medium fog for instance, will set in for several days, however even when this occurs the cloud cover will vary along with wind speed throughout the day. Once the "bug" sets in however you will get one weather pattern say "light fog, 9 mps wind and clear" for 48 hrs, and it will change only when you save and re-load the game. Hence, if you get bad weather you know that no matter what it will be there for at least 48 hours, sometimes repeating again after a re-load. The game remains then this way until a new campaign is started. The weather never changes again in mid patrol, only when a save/ reload occurs, you can hit the weather icon right after the save is reloaded, and see the new pattern, and watch the wind speed go up or down with time compression. Its a small gripe for as awesome as the game is with TWoS. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed it, and if there might be a way to resolve, and get the "dynamic weather" back. I really enjoyed having say "medium fog" then suddenly while stalking a convoy have the fog lift, or the other possible, and realistic scenarios.

Happy hunting!

-Wayne U-203 Lorient
Your comment is spot on.. I have the exact same issue and its game breaking for me. I used to have dynamic weather for the first two patrols, and now on my third and fourth its perma stuck with same conditions, and to reply to other people saying its realistic.. its not. No way the wind speed and direction stays the same for days over thousand of kilometers, you travel through different pressure patterns, cross them,.. will induce change in wind.

Have you found a fix?
Jean Led is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-22, 02:25 PM   #6
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Led View Post
Your comment is spot on.. I have the exact same issue and its game breaking for me. I used to have dynamic weather for the first two patrols, and now on my third and fourth its perma stuck with same conditions, and to reply to other people saying its realistic.. its not. No way the wind speed and direction stays the same for days over thousand of kilometers, you travel through different pressure patterns, cross them,.. will induce change in wind.

Have you found a fix?
Are you using TWoS my weather changes all right are you using high compression
Old 04-11-22, 03:29 PM   #7
Jean Led
Seaman

Default weather stuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
Are you using TWoS my weather changes all right are you using high compression

I do use twos.

I did use high time compression in my campaign, just not near ports, airbases and so on.

But before posting here I played on 128x max for a good 5 days in game time and same wind speed, wind direction, and fog for 5 days.

Reinstalled the game even.. Maybe my campaign is corrupted?
Old 04-11-22, 07:30 PM   #8
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Playing with 128x is ok even 258x I know the little TWoS manual says should save and reboot every 72 ingame hours which is what I do but usually I might go half a day of storms with high winds to clear and calm but I think I got my on seasonal weather even spring hadn't been to bad
Old 04-11-22, 07:56 PM   #9
Jean Led
Seaman

Quote:
Playing with 128x is ok even 258x I know the little TWoS manual says should save and reboot every 72 ingame hours which is what I do but usually I might go half a day of storms with high winds to clear and calm but I think I got my on seasonal weather even spring hadn't been to bad

by reboot you mean reinstall?

Welp this problem seem to not affect that many people. I will try to load saves from two patrol backs, maybe it will stay unbroken this time.
Also just to make sure. You can end patrol as long as you are not near the end of date where there is a campaign jump right?
Old 04-11-22, 08:10 PM   #10
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Just exit the game and restart it every 72 game hours
Old 04-11-22, 10:00 PM   #11
Jean Led
Seaman

Quote:
Just exit the game and restart it every 72 game hours

Right I understood it like gaming hours first hand so I was confused.

Anyways I tried loading old saves, I tried a new campaign, wind is not changing..

Thank you for your help anyways
Old 04-14-22, 07:31 PM   #12
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Led View Post
Right I understood it like gaming hours first hand so I was confused.

Anyways I tried loading old saves, I tried a new campaign, wind is not changing..

You might try the mods gap the sh5 ecomod and dynenv v2.9 wave mechanics see what happens
Thank you for your help anyways
You might try gap the sh5 ecomod and dynenv2.9 wave mechanics and see what happens
Old 04-16-22, 09:27 PM   #13
Jean Led
Seaman

Quote:
You might try gap the sh5 ecomod and dynenv2.9 wave mechanics and see what happens

I tried them, well for dynenv just the waves and sea floor since the rest is included already in twos. To no avail I tried real environment too. I reinstalled today again and started yet another campaign. Wind speed stuck for 3 days straight. Sucks, I was having fun, I even sunk a polish submarine with a hip shot.

Im gonna check out to update all my drivers, maybe its from there
Old 04-17-22, 02:35 PM   #14
Jean Led
Seaman

I update every driver, even my sound driver lol. I uninstalled the game, downloaded another twos in case it was my previously downloaded one. Trid again.. Weather is still stuck.
Im thinking it must be with my ubisoft account, something is ****ed in it or something. But I have no clue how to completly remove saves or my profile from the cloud
Old 04-18-22, 07:37 PM   #15
Jean Led
Seaman

I tested over a long period of time. I stayed stationary at the same place.

After 4 days the wind direction changed but stayed 0, cloud cover change. All rest the same.
And again 4 days later wind direction changed and so did cloud cover, all rest remained identical.

Im thinking maybe its not a bug but twos was meant for extremly stale weather? Is there changes I can make in a .cfg to get more dynamism in the weather?