SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-23-17, 03:21 AM   #106
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I was moving a heavy, heavy sheet of soaking pressure treated plywood today, and I now know why he chopped her up. He chopped her up so he could more easily throw her out of the control tower. I think she died by accident, slipped going down a ladder or something, and he freaked out in a panic.
Old 08-23-17, 03:43 AM   #107
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ Panic? All limbs and the head, and then an iron weight to keep it submerged.. possible of course.
There can be all kinds of psychological things as well: he assaulted her and she tried to defend and all that. Or she threatened to write something bad about him without anything explicit happening, and so he killed her in fury. I do not think it was planned, too implausible lying.
All very ugly.
The only thing that can help him is to tell or confess it all, if behind closed doors.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-17, 03:50 AM   #108
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
I was moving a heavy, heavy sheet of soaking pressure treated plywood today, and I now know why he chopped her up. He chopped her up so he could more easily throw her out of the control tower.
No need to cut the head off for that.
Besides even if he had panicked, he had plenty of time tell the authorities the truth in the meantime.
Old 08-23-17, 04:16 AM   #109
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

It must be hard to kill someone and then chop them up and throw them overboard. If he has any heart and soul left he will confess the entire mess and ask the court for mercy.

Sooner or later men like this break down
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-17, 05:03 AM   #110
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
It must be hard to kill someone and then chop them up and throw them overboard. If he has any heart and soul left he will confess the entire mess and ask the court for mercy.
Hopefully that will be the case.

Quote:
Usually but not always. I once met Peter Sutcliffe.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-17, 05:04 AM   #111
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Hopefully that will be the case.

Quote:
Usually but not always. I once met Peter Sutcliffe.

Quote:
A headless torso found in waters off Denmark has been identified as missing Swedish journalist Kim Wall, Danish police say.
DNA from the torso matched that from Ms Wall's hairbrush and toothbrush.
Chief investigator Jens Moller Jensen said that the torso had been weighted down with metal in an apparent attempt to stop it floating.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-41021223

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-17, 05:35 AM   #112
Dr.Sid
The Old Man

Downloads: 6

All murderers are normal people, until they at one single moment, become murderers. Even psychologist who met hundreds of murderers wont be able to tell who will become one in most cases.
Old 08-23-17, 05:44 AM   #113
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Downloads: 47

http://nyheder.tv2.dk/krimi/2017-08-...g-forfaerdelse
http://nyheder.tv2.dk/krimi/2017-08-...l-nu-er-fundet

The police has secured DNA from the home of KW, and there is a match between that DNA and the torso, plus they have found dried blood in Nautilus, which also match the DNA from KW.
So no doubt about it. She died onboard, and he cut her up in pieces. He has made holes in the torso plus attached metal, so the body would stay down on the seafloor. The attorney of PM has stated that PM has expressed relief that she has been found.
The mother of KW has made a statement on facebook saying that it's with horror and sorrow that the family has received the news of her death. She focuses her message on KW, and how wonderful a person she was, and how wonderful KW worked to make the world a better place. She doesn't mention any hate or anything like that towards PM.

My personal comment about the situation sofar is:
Well, I'm really wondering why PM hasn't told the police that they should be looking for a torso/cut-up body. If he had told that, I'm sure the public would have been told to look for body parts. So his relief, well, it ain't worth anything. I think that he hoped the body wouldn't be found. Why would he otherwise attach heavy metal to the body to keep it down?
Now, it's up to the police to investigate whether or not it was an accident, or if he killed her or not. No matter what, he has dealt with the body in such a bad manner that he faces up to 6 months in jail for that alone.
We have had trials before where manslaughter has been the result because of many pieces of circumstantial evidence. Plus he has lied about her whereabouts. So has he lied too about her death being an accident? It doesn't look good for him.
Also several of his sponsors have decided to step back and leave his space project. Even if he escapes a long prison sentence and only go to jail for 6 months, then he will forever be persona non grata.
Having met him at the subsim meet 2009, I really liked him and his projects back then. But this act is in my world really hard to forgive. You can argue with a person over unimportant stuff, and they go apart. But such an outcome to cut up a body and throw it overboard at sea - that's just too much.

Download my mods from SHMF
Follow my photography here
taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano
Carotio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-17, 06:20 AM   #114
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Whether it was an accident or murder it happened on board, I'd guess the body weight was too much for him to lift up through the hatch so he cut her up into more manageable pieces. Naturally this would have made a bloody mess in the sub so the easiest way to clean up was to scuttle it.
Sorry if my description is too descriptive.
Nasty either way!!!

My heart goes out to her loved ones, may she rest in peace.

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-17, 06:56 AM   #115
Rip
Commodore

Downloads: 39

If I were on the jury he would never get out. No excuse for what we already know he has done, nothing can justify that.

He was a monster lurking amongst us, we just have to face that.

Such a beautiful and energetic lady, tragic.

RIP Kim.
Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-17, 07:05 AM   #116
horsa
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 3

Whatever the final explanation (and there may never be a complete one) this is horrific. My thoughts go out to Kim Wall's friends and family.
Old 08-23-17, 07:35 AM   #117
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip View Post
If I were on the jury he would never get out. No excuse for what we already know he has done, nothing can justify that.

He was a monster lurking amongst us, we just have to face that.

Such a beautiful and energetic lady, tragic.

RIP Kim.

This ^

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-17, 10:26 AM   #118
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115

Jesus. Whether he did it on purpose or out of fear/panic, this is an unfortunate and avoidable event that no family should have to go through.

I have never met PM, but I've seen many speak highly of him through the years. But as it's been said, you never know what some turn out to be.

As much as we're ready to convict however, (and i'm not sure how Danish law works) there still must be a trial and conviction. If he did, in fact, murder her for whatever reason....there has to be proof of that disproving the "accident" theory.

From my point of view, I see an error on PM's part by not having a third person aboard. Regardless of who the passenger is, there should be a third person familiar with the submarine operations aboard the boat during any trip involving a guest. If there was an accident, there would have been a witness and somebody to hold PM accountable to call the police and do the normal thing. If there had been a murder, again, there would have been a witness (unfortunately possibly another victim). Additionally, a second set of eyes could help catch things possibly commonly overlooked by PM or passenger. It's a safety thing that could have been very avoidable if he had just asked a friend to come along and help with the trip.
Old 08-23-17, 11:19 AM   #119
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

Frankly I don't buy the whole accident thing anymore. Even if one panics after a fatal accident one doesn't cut the corpse to pieces, throws it overboard and scuttles one own submarine. He's had plenty of time to come clean but chose to tell the police more BS. That doesn't sound like someone who just accidentally killed someone and panicked.
Old 08-23-17, 12:44 PM   #120
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

As Gargamel pointed out before, when there is a fatal or whatever accident at sea in a private boat, the first thing is to infoorm and call for help via the mandatory radio installed on every seagoing vessel with an engine, on emergency channel #16, giving assumed position and situation.
You do not bury anyone at sea, this is complete rubbish especially only a few miles from the coast in the baltic sea.
I just wonder what he thought about getting away with that

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
madsen, murder, nautilus, wall