SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-22-12, 10:20 PM   #811
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekmek View Post
you are a machine! any chance you looked at blender scripts yet? or my gr2s? probably not but just wondering.
Not yet. Concentrating on fixing all current bugs/errors

test version 1.1.76.0 available here: http://www.mediafire.com/?9zff2t8gcr6tcgp

Now it's time to go back and revisit BIGREG's 3DS Max problem...

TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-12, 04:58 PM   #812
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 155
Uploads: 0

Hi TDW

I wanted to ask you if you had succeeded in changing the Meshes texture into 3DWings
I try a lot of things, but nothing to do, still the error of vertices , idem when i adjuste just the transparency etc..

"Better watch where you do not go, because where were going, we will know what it is when we get there, and anyway, it will never be only water."

Proverbe Shadok
BIGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-12, 09:43 AM   #813
urfisch
Sea Lord

Downloads: 42

promising work. did anyone tried to add modeling 3d stuff into a file?

urfisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-12, 12:58 PM   #814
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREG View Post
Hi TDW

I wanted to ask you if you had succeeded in changing the Meshes texture into 3DWings
I try a lot of things, but nothing to do, still the error of vertices , idem when i adjuste just the transparency etc..

Can you send me the Wings3D OBJ files made so I can look them over?

Got a call yesterday at 7am telling me I needed to be in Honolulu, HI that day. I got a flight out 6 hours later so greetings from O'ahu! During that long flight I got to work on the app so I started coding in the waypoints editor:

What you see is Room_QR1 and Waypoints_Room_QR1 loaded. Then I asked the app to read in the waypoint_edges_QR1.txt file and show it. The lines interconnecting the waypoints are from that file. This shows all the paths defined for pathfinding for that room. Obviously there's way more work to do on it but it's the start
Old 02-24-12, 02:24 PM   #815
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Salut TDW

Quote : Got a call yesterday at 7am telling me I needed to be in Honolulu !

For me it would be a dream , I am lost in the middle of Brittany

So here in this moment I am trying to redo the conning tower (renaming of all textures was using notepad +) and I noticed that when exporting via the editor (CT_Room.GR2--CT_Body (mesh ) lacks the texture with the suffix _N

When you rename the texture into 3dwings and you see in the .mtl that not all change work ,import in editor ok ,but no texture name are not change,and when a attribute a texture of more faces i have this error :

Here the file : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8655607/radar.7z

"Better watch where you do not go, because where were going, we will know what it is when we get there, and anyway, it will never be only water."

Proverbe Shadok
Old 02-26-12, 03:43 PM   #816
Vanilla
Lieutenant

Downloads: 72

Glitches noticed:

- Move a bone. Click 'save' not in the menu but in the 'Changes' tool panel, a message pops up saying that the file's CRC is incorrect.

- When two files are opened simultaneously (waypoints + room's gr2s) I cannot add a new bone, the option is greyed out. I guess it's a feature.

- Waypoints_Room_QR1: add one bone, add second bone: error **Skeleton's last Bone defined has no data for MaxPropeties **

- Choose 'Add GR2 File', press cancel, currently open file is forced to close

Last edited by Vanilla; 02-26-12 at 04:47 PM.
Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-12, 09:01 PM   #817
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Glitches noticed:

- Move a bone. Click 'save' not in the menu but in the 'Changes' tool panel, a message pops up saying that the file's CRC is incorrect.

Correct. You first have to commit the changes you made to memory, thus you click Save in the changes tool panel. You can click reset if you don't like the changes you did. Clicking save commits it to memory and makes these changes the new 'default' reset position. Then you can click File-->Save to save to file. I'll look into why it's saying file's CRC is incorrect.

- When two files are opened simultaneously (waypoints + room's gr2s) I cannot add a new bone, the option is greyed out. I guess it's a feature.

Sort of. Since I gave the ability to open multiple files you need to select the skeleton (in the bones treeview list) that you want to add the new bone to. Since a GR2 file can contain multiple models and each model has it's own skeleton the app has know way of knowing which skeleton you want to add the new bone to until you select it. You also need to select the correct file in use (File-->Current GR2 file in use) before selecting the skeleton.

- Waypoints_Room_QR1: add one bone, add second bone: error **Skeleton's last Bone defined has no data for MaxPropeties **

I haven't been able to duplicate this. Can you give me a step by step procedure of what you do to make this error appear?

- Choose 'Add GR2 File', press cancel, currently open file is forced to close

That's not supposed to happen and thus is a bug. I'll look into it
see above in yellow.
Old 02-27-12, 01:16 PM   #818
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Salutation

Here, I worked a well, this weekend, but I wanted to ask you TDW:

- The displacement in the editor and a bit complicated and not very precise, one should be able to pan up / down and rotate from the position where were are

-Problem to zoom ! meshes disappear when you're too close

-Are there way to back up UV Map in the format of their choice ?
Because during the extension of windows for image magnification,
I do not exceed 960 * 960, otherwise I go into fullscreen mode and therefore image distortion, the Perso most of my textures are in 1024 * 1024

-I invert the two buttons on the computer torpedoes (have to manually enter the coordinates)

- and last question let me know if there are ways to move, at the same time meshes and associated bones
Because it is hard work to do, one by one !

Here is an overview:

Proverbe Shadok
Old 02-27-12, 01:59 PM   #819
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREG View Post
Salutation

Here, I worked a well, this weekend, but I wanted to ask you TDW:

- The displacement in the editor and a bit complicated and not very precise, one should be able to pan up / down and rotate from the position where were are

Click and hold right mouse button and move mouse forward till it doesn't zoom anymore. Now you basically have a first person view camera. Use 2,4,6, and 8 to move left, right, fwd, back. Use the mouse to rotate camera.

-Problem to zoom ! meshes disappear when you're too close

Under the camera tab uncheck clipping

-Are there way to back up UV Map in the format of their choice ?
Because during the extension of windows for image magnification,
I do not exceed 960 * 960, otherwise I go into fullscreen mode and therefore image distortion, the Perso most of my textures are in 1024 * 1024

Double click the bottom right of the texture windows to have them scale to their native size (1024 X 1024). Now double click anywhere in the texture window to save. To save the texture windows in a different format you first select the format under the misc tab (Screenshot box).

-I invert the two buttons on the computer torpedoes (have to manually enter the coordinates)

- and last question let me know if there are ways to move, at the same time meshes and associated bones
Because it is hard work to do, one by one !

To move meshes and bones at same time....I didn't code anything that allows you to group items together to move as a group. Interesting idea though. I'll have to see how I could add something like this.
see above in yellow.

Still stuck in Hawaii working and thus have had no time to work on anything. Looks like I'll be here for another 3-4 days This place is way too expensive for my tastes.
Old 02-27-12, 02:33 PM   #820
Vanilla
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post

Still stuck in Hawaii working and thus have had no time to work on anything. Looks like I'll be here for another 3-4 days This place is way too expensive for my tastes.
Good weather there?
Old 02-27-12, 02:49 PM   #821
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Thank TDW

Double click the bottom right of the texture windows to have them scale to their native size (1024 X 1024). this is what I was searching

Under the camera tab uncheck clipping Merci

Click and hold right mouse button and move mouse forward till it doesn't zoom anymore. Now you basically have a first person view camera. Use 2,4,6, and 8 to move left, right,fwd, back You can not add up/down 7-1 or 9-3 . Use the mouse to rotate camera. Yes but just bassed of one axis ! for decal the up/down direction ,you need to make many manipulations

To move meshes and bones at same time....I didn't code anything that allows you to group items together to move as a group. Interesting idea though. I'll have to see how I could add something like this. It would be really very practical

Proverbe Shadok
Old 02-27-12, 03:39 PM   #822
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

It's me again...

Under the camera tab uncheck clipping Merci
But enable or not is idem I also tried all options in the menu "Rendering" but nothing to do the meshes dissapear

Proverbe Shadok
Old 02-27-12, 03:53 PM   #823
The General
The Old Man

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 3

Quote:
see above in yellow.

"Stuck in Hawaii"? Oh, the humanity!

Last edited by The General; 02-28-12 at 06:06 AM.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-12, 04:33 PM   #824
Vanilla
Lieutenant

Quote:

I haven't been able to duplicate this. Can you give me a step by step procedure of what you do to make this error appear?
Here is what I do.
1. Fire up the Editor
2. Open, say, Waypoints_DER.gr2
3. Go to bones panel, choose parent bone there
4. In the menu choose 'new bone'.
5. In the bone creation dialog choose correct parent, type name, say 1, check 'Position data', enter X, Y, Z values, click OK, see bone created ok.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 for a new bone: name '2', check 'Posit data', enter X, Y, Z, click OK, here comes the error.

P.S. This crew modding thingy is tedious as hell. It took me good 5 hours to create six new waypoints in the QRF room and place six new chars on them with correctly played idle animation... I'm getting better at it though, hopefuly I will move faster now.
Here, a few more lads in the boat:

Last edited by Vanilla; 02-28-12 at 05:03 PM.
Old 02-28-12, 05:07 PM   #825
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 301

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
P.S. This crew modding thingy is tedious as hell. It took me good 5 hours to create six new waypoints in the QRF room and place six new chars on them with correctly played idle animation... I'm getting better at it though, hopefuly I will move faster now.
But looks great
pedrobas is offline   Reply With Quote