SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-15-16, 01:48 AM   #1
BlackWanderer
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Icon9 Silent Hunter 3 WAC 4.1 +MaGui v.3.4 Resolution Issues

Hello everyone! I m very glad to speak with you! Firstly, let me say a big "sorry" for my English, i ll try to speak as correct as i can. Thanks a lot for your attention!

I come here to ask for your help in one hard question for me, i can't solved it for a few days already. I have installed Silent Hunter3 and WAC 4.1 with 16 km atmosphere, and MaGui v3.4. With patch for WAC 'course. Default settings of this mod has 1360 x 768 pixels. It's works fine, but i have a big black lines in top and bottom of screen in game. I have a 1440 x 900 resolution and i have try to change it in different folders. But it doesn't work correctly. When i change something it just saying "cannot initialized 3d engine", or "silent hunter 3 has stoped working", or i see just black screen. I already try to instal "Hires for silent hunter3", or see same problem in the internet, and i find it. In one steam topic one man says to change the resolution (Set resX=1920,resY=1200). And it doesn't work. I have already reinstall my silent hunter near 7 times, tryin a lot of different ways to find solution of my problem, and i really can't do something with that. I ll already checked Subsim forum, but even here i can't find some solution. I think it's only my mistake, because when i instal WAC in past, it works good on my screen.
Please, can someone help me?
With best regards
BlackWanderer.

p/s; i hope that i have create this topic in right place
Old 11-15-16, 02:06 AM   #2
redline202
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Try to delete d3d9.cfg.
Old 11-15-16, 02:13 AM   #3
BlackWanderer
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Unfortunately nothing changed. My game screen still come out my real screen... Sorry i don't know how i can say it...

Anyway thanks a lot! One more attempt
Old 11-15-16, 04:05 PM   #4
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 3

Hi!

Actually problems with screen resolution often has to do with the configuration of graphics driver. AMD and Nvidia both have the possibility to scretch a chosen resolution (in your case 1360x768) to your native resolution.
Old 11-15-16, 04:49 PM   #5
BlackWanderer
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

HanSolo, thanks for your answer!
You mean i can change my screen resolution to 1360 and after that run the game?
If i understand you right(sorry can't translate "scretch" even in translator 0.0) it can solve problem with black lines. It's very interesting, i ll try it, but not very conveniently- i ll have to change my screen resolution every time when i start game. Anyway i will try

Thanks you very much!

p/s; one more thing if you will read this topic again. honestly say, i even haven't thought that i can say it ///

THANKS FOR WAC! That's AWESOME!
Old 11-15-16, 05:34 PM   #6
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default Welcome aboard!

BlackWanderer!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote