SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-09-16, 05:01 PM   #3076
Larrywb57
Tazmanian Devil

Downloads: 366
Uploads: 0
Icon10

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
OK, map location Convoy College... My poor brain... The simple things confound me. They say the hair is the second thing to go. I just wish I could remember what was first... I'll have to ask my wife.
My wife said it was hearing that first thing to go!
C:\...100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v.1.8
Larrywb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-16, 05:14 PM   #3077
Larrywb57
Tazmanian Devil

Downloads: 366
Default Patrol Number 3

I was starting my third patrol in a porpoise class submarine, USS Shark. We just transfer to Midway and left port with an insertion of agent mission. Date was 27 Apr 1942 at 07:04 hrs, Midway time, when we came across a ship visually. Ordered periscope depth and as we were going down, checked the hydrophones at the bearing that the ship was observed. Didn't hear anything but the sound of own propellers. When to periscope and identify the ship as a 'Whalechaser." Location was Long 33* 28N Lat 36* 01E. It was getting late, so I save the game. Just thought I should report this.

Larry
C:\...100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v.1.8
Larrywb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-16, 06:02 PM   #3078
jldjs
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrywb57 View Post
Hmmm, Propbeanis should feel relieved
Old 12-09-16, 06:19 PM   #3079
reichfur
Swabbie

Downloads: 72

Howdy fellers , long time lurker here !

I've been running FOTRSU since the upload , and have had only a single bug , an anomaly actually . When doing the first dive , either from a saved game or leaving port , a small column of smoke appears off my port beam . It stays with me , I can leave it behind several miles , but I can always find it if I look hard enough . I've named him Wilson ! This is in Campain mode , mid '43 . Other than that , I think this is just outstanding !

It may be worth mentioning that I couldn't get JSGME to install this , or any other mod , on my machine . I ran the program and it did function . However , the DATA folder ended up in the JSGME folder , rather than the game's folder . ( I may have missed something or am just an idiot ...both ? ) I made a copy of my original SH4 data folder and put it on my desktop. Then copied the contents of the data folder that JSGME made , in to that , swapped out the game's folder for the new mix ,and presto ! Works great ! Looks magnificent on my 55 inch LED !

Specs :
Asus M4A88T-M mainboard
AMD 955 Quad BE @ 3.2 ghz
EVGA GTX750ti
4 gigs Corsair DDR3
XP 64

RR , Propbeanie , and all the rest : You guys are just amazing ! Thanks so very much for all the hard work and thought you put in to this !

Cliff .
reichfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-16, 07:16 PM   #3080
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

reichfur!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-16, 08:15 PM   #3081
Sniper450
Officer

Downloads: 177
Default external camera

Cant seem to get this to work. Any suggestions? I thought I heard something about screen settings affecting it but I am not sure. Are there any other game settings that affect it?
Sniper450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-16, 08:48 PM   #3082
jldjs
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I'm running V.40, got upgraded from Sargo to Gato and transferred to Pearl Harbor, first mission from there starting Feb 28 '42 viewed control room and see white blank spaces where all the dials should be! Anyone else report on this?
Old 12-09-16, 08:53 PM   #3083
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
OK then, ~hearing~ is first, hair is ~second~ then, but what comes next? Fore?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldjs View Post
Hmmm, Propbeanis should feel relieved
Naw, haven't been in that room yet today...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-16, 08:57 PM   #3084
propbeanie

Quote:
I was starting my third patrol in a porpoise class submarine, USS Shark. We just transfer to Midway and left port with an insertion of agent mission. Date was 27 Apr 1942 at 07:04 hrs, Midway time, when we came across a ship visually. Ordered periscope depth and as we were going down, checked the hydrophones at the bearing that the ship was observed. Didn't hear anything but the sound of own propellers. When to periscope and identify the ship as a 'Whalechaser." Location was Long 33* 28N Lat 36* 01E. It was getting late, so I save the game. Just thought I should report this.

Larry
Was the "chaser" going slow? That's another thing that gripes me about the Sonar in SH4, and that's if a boat goes slow enough - what? 6 knots? eight? - then it "disappears" from sonar. Say whuh? Also, were you still in the process of submerging? I don't know if they simulate the noise from that... The "S" boats have the sonar on top of the boat, right, to where you have to be under water to use it? Either way, we'll check it out. Thanks

Old 12-09-16, 09:17 PM   #3085
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reichfur View Post
Howdy fellers , long time lurker here !

I've been running FOTRSU since the upload , and have had only a single bug , an anomaly actually . When doing the first dive , either from a saved game or leaving port , a small column of smoke appears off my port beam . It stays with me , I can leave it behind several miles , but I can always find it if I look hard enough . I've named him Wilson ! This is in Campain mode , mid '43 . Other than that , I think this is just outstanding !

It may be worth mentioning that I couldn't get JSGME to install this , or any other mod .., edited
OK Cliff, thanks for the compliments first of all. Second of all, that "anomoly" you describe? I've had that before, and it was what some of us "affectionately" refer to as Mod Soup, and not of the edible variety. Did you happen to install your Silent Hunter in the Program Files directory - or the (x86) version of it? That might prevent JSGME from doing its job properly. More likely however is a bad folder structure.

Undo what you did to get everything in the game, if you can. If you can't, just re-install (yikes!), but don't put it in the Program Files directory. A lot of folks will take that "C:\Program Files \ Ubisoft\ " portion and just type of the "Program Files" part with "Games", or even just make it "C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter" if you want to. A good video to watch is

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...56&postcount=1

where Rockin Robbins goes through his procedure. Down in the General section, under the PC Hardware area he has several posts and videos of him installing into Ubuntu, and that gets into even more detail.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=228072

while it's Ubuntu, the basic procedure is the same for Windows. The main thing with the JSGME install, is you want it in your Silent Hunter folder, and you want it to make the MODS folder in there also, so that you have something like "C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\MODS", along with the Data, Support, and sundry other folders. Then, take the "100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_V0.40_PublicBeta_ EN" folder, and all the folders underneath it - ~AFTER~ you've extracted it, of course, but take it and put that in the MODS folder. Now run JSGME.exe that is in the Silent Hunter folder, and activate the mod. You will have to wait a while for it to load up and activate all the way. After all, we are talking about a full DVD worth of data, almost 4 gigabytes of ships, textures and smoke... The length of time it takes to activate this "monster" of a mod throws a lot of people off. I suppose we really should package it with a warning label... "Caution: This mod contains almost four gigabytes of data, and will take approximately 8.678 minutes to activate using JSGME"... sorry, bad joke, won't happen again...

... and I'm being rude! Welcome to SubSim

Last edited by propbeanie; 12-09-16 at 09:29 PM. Reason: sprelling
Old 12-09-16, 09:23 PM   #3086
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper450 View Post
Cant seem to get this to work. Any suggestions? I thought I heard something about screen settings affecting it but I am not sure. Are there any other game settings that affect it?
Options, where the Sound, Graphics and Game Play settings are. You probably left on Patrol on the "Normal" setting, didn't you, and it re-set it all for you... You'll have to go back out to the Main Menu though to get to the Game Play, I think... RR had to point that out to me the other day...

Old 12-09-16, 09:26 PM   #3087
propbeanie

Quote:
I'm running V.40, got upgraded from Sargo to Gato and transferred to Pearl Harbor, first mission from there starting Feb 28 '42 viewed control room and see white blank spaces where all the dials should be! Anyone else report on this?
Definitely different, and "No, no one has reported that yet..." I wonder how busy CapnScurvy is and get him to look at that, since he's really good with the interiors?... You went from Manila to Fremantile, and now to Pearl?... I've started from Pearl before with a Gato and didn't have that, but it wasn't a "promotion"...

btw, have you installed any other mods?

Last edited by propbeanie; 12-09-16 at 09:35 PM.
Old 12-09-16, 10:44 PM   #3088
Sniper450
Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Options, where the Sound, Graphics and Game Play settings are. You probably left on Patrol on the "Normal" setting, didn't you, and it re-set it all for you... You'll have to go back out to the Main Menu though to get to the Game Play, I think... RR had to point that out to me the other day...
Thank you....will give it a go!
Old 12-10-16, 11:00 AM   #3089
Sniper450
Officer

No joy trying that...oh well. I imagine it will be figured out eventually. I will keep playing with the settings.
Old 12-10-16, 11:39 AM   #3090
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Just installed SH4 v1.5 on a new computer. Added JSGME, after having the game run on Windows10, resetting my game graphic option to match my 1920x1080 resolution. While back in Windows, I had JSGME take its first "Snapshot" of my new game files, then "Activated" the FOTRSU .40 Beta to see what's up with jlds's question. Started a new Campaign from Pearl using the First of 1943 as the starting point with a Gato sub. The January 3, 1943 start date had my Command Room dials in-tact. Sonar, Radar, Bridge looked and worked as expected. I know this isn't the same as a "promotion" to a Gato in February 28, 1942.....I'll have to do more checking.

What does tell me something is wrong is that the Museum CTD's while loading. How could this be? When the last I was trying FOTRSU several versions ago....all was well with the Museum?? Who's been monkeying around with a working edition? One step forward, two steps back isn't how this mod should be developed.

Since I was taken back to my desktop, I removed FOTRSU .40 Beta from "activation" and had JSGME "Compare Snapshot" of the fresh install I did the other day. I found 7 Removed files from the stock game. This shouldn't be...although 2 of them are expected. For whatever reason that stems from the 1.5 version of the game, two of the "Removed" files has to do with German flags from the Textures folder. For some reason, the game developers have removed these two flag images from the original stock game. It happens every time you have the game run for the first time.

The other 5 files "Removed" were found in the "Sea" folder, under the NPL_Conte_Verde\EuroLiner files. The .dat, .dsd, .sim, .zon, and the shp.dds are missing. Why are they missing from the stock game after having FOTRSU mod added/removed from the game? This stock game corruption has to be fixed before letting the Beta out for use.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote