SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: Poll closed
option 0 0%
option 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-09, 12:23 PM   #31
PortsmouthProwler
Bosun

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0

I can understand the naming issues and respect the concerns of senior people here, but I, for one, will proudly play 1.6.

Webster, thanks for your extremely prompt attention to the 2/3 glitch. Let it be known that you got back to me tout suite and I was up 'n runnin' by early evening.

I originally logged on to post this, a mini-AAR/eval report:

Dec41 Asiatic - Sargo (USS Searaven) 93% Real - just the Event Camera ON.

Assigned to Luzon Strait (off Taiwan, really). Headed north. No SJ, just eyeballs and SD. Checked out some visual contacts that were friendlies. Finally, near Lingayen Gulf, at about 1830, a large TF with some merchants comes steaming right at me. Right in the middle, a huge capital ship is at 359. Had trouble with the ID, finally settled on it being a Mogami cruiser, doing approx 10 knots (see my previous posts about "Manual Eyeballs" - I don't do any geometry on the charts, I just try to get range, AOB, and estimate speed. I'll use the stadimeter, time for speed, anything that'll help with quick and dirty, with the emphasis on quick - No Pausing!).

I set a spread of four fish forward staggered at about 1.5 degrees Left (AOB is about 20 degrees Port). Depth is at what would be by the book (it's only Dec41, I don't know about Mk14 problems, right?), about 30 sumptin' feet. I've only got four for this baby and I want to break her back if I can, she's well armored on the hull.

At about 1800 yards, Uncle DD lets me know that uninvited guests are not welcome and starts pinging. The CA is at about 350 degrees relative now, so it's "Q and screw" time. I let four fly, drop the scope and start for 175 feet with my patented reload two only procedure (I approached on Silent, so must always remember to take it off for the reload).

Miss times four, no Event showing, can only guess that they ran deep, I shoulda had the spread on Right, or I just futzed my TDC numbers.

Evaded, reloaded, came up to PD, tried to get a coupla merchies, missed, went back down, got bounced around by the DDs, repaired some damage, came back up, damaged a DD, tried a couple of pot shots, missed, went back down, reloaded, repaired...ah, the hell with it, nuttin' left 'cept the destroyers, anyway, everyone else has skedaddled.

Crept away, fixed stuff and surfaced. Fixed more stuff. Hull is at 000. Am still in fighting trim. Saved game.

Great stuff, Webster! Thank you for your dedication, knowledge, and courtesy!

Respectfully,
PP

Last edited by PortsmouthProwler; 05-15-09 at 03:59 PM.
PortsmouthProwler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-09, 02:54 PM   #32
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Mod compatability:

I am happy to report the very popular "RSRDC" and "Real Environment" mods have been checked and found to be fully compatable in there present form with the Game Fixes Only Mod.
I would like to know to know what type of testing was conducted on RSRDC that lead to this statement ?

Also until I've done a complete code review of your mod, I recommend users not install this mod along with RSRDC or OM

Last edited by lurker_hlb3; 05-15-09 at 03:18 PM.
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-09, 03:14 PM   #33
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Webster,

could you please upload again the patch that fixes the ahead 2/3 voices for those of us who were not able to download it yesterday? I am not willing to download again the large file if possible.

I also sent you a PM about a fix worth adding. If you are going to upload again the whole patch you could as well consider adding it, it sure would be worth it!

Cheers
Old 05-15-09, 03:45 PM   #34
joker68
Swabbie

Downloads: 94

WEBSTER, thank you for this superpatch (or "1.6 unnoficial version"). Super!

I'm currently running 1.5 version with Real Environment, and I would like to know if I can use the 1.6 with "SCAF for SH 1.5" and your previous "Ship Maneuvering Fix" patch.

I've already tried them togheter (installing first the 1.6, then RE, then Ship Maneuvering and SCAF using JSGME) and the game seems to be doing fine, but since those patches alter some files already altered by 1.6, I don't know what I may be messing then. Nothing that I've noted so far...

As I know, those patches weren't already included in the 1.6 version, right? I mean, I don't want to "overkill"...

EDIT: Oh, and there is also "Lite Fog" fix for RE... didn't installed yet...
-JoKeR
joker68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-09, 04:12 PM   #35
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Downloads: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
could you please upload again the patch that fixes the ahead 2/3 voices for those of us who were not able to download it yesterday? I am not willing to download again the large file if possible.
For you and anybody else, then take a look here

regards

Download my mods from SHMF
Follow my photography here
taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano
Carotio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-09, 04:59 PM   #36
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker68 View Post
WEBSTER, thank you for this superpatch (or "1.6 unnoficial version"). Super!

I'm currently running 1.5 version with Real Environment, and I would like to know if I can use the 1.6 with "SCAF for SH 1.5" and your previous "Ship Maneuvering Fix" patch.

I've already tried them togheter (installing first the 1.6, then RE, then Ship Maneuvering and SCAF using JSGME) and the game seems to be doing fine, but since those patches alter some files already altered by 1.6, I don't know what I may be messing then. Nothing that I've noted so far...

As I know, those patches weren't already included in the 1.6 version, right? I mean, I don't want to "overkill"...

EDIT: Oh, and there is also "Lite Fog" fix for RE... didn't installed yet...
-JoKeR
SCAF is already in GFO so im sure those are the file overwrites you got but there are small changes i need to do with the manuvering fix because it doesnt include the more accurately calibrated periscope depth and radar depth settings in GFO. so you just have to remove the cgf files from the submarine folders in the manuvering fix to make it GFO ready.

i will be redoing the Manuvering fix to include this updated info and i was planning to do versions for TMO and RFB but that may not happen now.

Last edited by Webster; 05-15-09 at 05:14 PM.
Old 05-15-09, 05:24 PM   #37
Vikinger
Captain

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 6

Congratz Webster for the release. I know you have working real hard whit this edition.

Good work mate.

Vikinger.
Old 05-15-09, 05:24 PM   #38
vanjast
Sea Lord

Downloads: 783
Uploads: 4

A slight CTD with RFB (latest).. I'll look into it
vanjast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-09, 05:34 PM   #39
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3 View Post
I would like to know to know what type of testing was conducted on RSRDC that lead to this statement ?

Also until I've done a complete code review of your mod, I recommend users not install this mod along with RSRDC or OM

all i can say is i used GFO + Real Env + RSRDC and didnt notice any issues but im not looking for more drama so i updated it again to say:

"unless they state otherwise, you will need to check them for compatability on a case by case basis."

and i'll leave it at that.

EDIT: ok i redid the whole read me to try and be as politically correct as i could think of.

Last edited by Webster; 05-15-09 at 06:04 PM.
Old 05-15-09, 05:38 PM   #40
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Webster, is your maneuvering fix going into GFO? And everyone remind me. What was the problem with "Rudder....rudder" for "rudder amidships?" I seem to remember that a rerecording of the voice was not enough to fix it, but I don't remember the details. Wasn't that OK in patch 1.2 but broken by 1.3? It sure would be great to conquer that one.

I think you can leave it up to players to let you know if issues come up with RSRD or Real Environment. Players are much more ingenious than modders for finding bugs because the modders know how things are supposed to work and just do them that way. Players are liable to do ANYTHING!

Keep up the good work, Webster. Full speed ahead!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-09, 05:52 PM   #41
captgeo
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 105

Great job Webster
Old 05-16-09, 02:08 AM   #42
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

i added my my ship manuvering fix into GFO and it has now been uploaded and ready for downloading.

i also have a conversion patch to swap out the UGP files for GFO files and it also includes my ship manuvering fix so please use this patch to convert your UGP to GFO.

if you are trying to use rsrdc with GFO then the added rsrdc ships will not have the correct speed settings.

I will need to do a rsrdc version for those ships to add the speed settings to them as soon as lurker decides if rsrdc is compatable with GFO.
Old 05-16-09, 04:38 AM   #43
vanjast
Sea Lord

Downloads: 783
Uploads: 4

Webster,
Is the ship maneuvering Fix the same as the previous one ?
Is it possible to upload it as a small seperate file, as downloading from our side is an 'unreliable mission', something like dud-torpedoes.
vanjast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-09, 06:50 AM   #44
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanjast View Post
Webster,
Is the ship maneuvering Fix the same as the previous one ?
Is it possible to upload it as a small seperate file, as downloading from our side is an 'unreliable mission', something like dud-torpedoes.

yes, sorry i should have been clear on that.

anyone who already has GFO or if you have UGP and arent offended by the name can simply add my "webster's ship manuvering fix" to it perminently so you dont need to install them seperately.

i thought the manuvering fix might need updating but it didnt share any GFO files so the same manuvering fix that was already available for download is what i added into GFO.

just take note that when adding the "webster's ship manuvering fix" to GFO there is one file (SHSound.act) that goes into the main sh4 folder and not the data folder as we are so used to it being the only one to add files to, so keep that in mind.

if you dont already have it my "webster's ship manuvering fix" is in the SUBSIM downloads section
Old 05-16-09, 08:02 AM   #45
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER View Post
i dont know what you are saying? you dont think anyone is ever going to make another mod for this game anymore?

this patch was not designed for TMO or RFB users but it is for those who play the stock game with mods added.

as for TMO and RFB compatability, it is very possible the will work perfectly fine if installed over this patch but nobody has done any research on this.

i wrote that to explain how how YOUR mod fixed the SD antenna so it will now properly raise and lower on command because of your mod so if YOU didnt fix the SD antenna to work properly then please let me know.
and i dont know what you are saying?

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote