SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-07-16, 12:22 AM   #16
Redwake
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0

i had found something about cutting the sh4 file and moving it to a new folder but besides that I haven't found anything.
Old 12-07-16, 12:35 AM   #17
Redwake
Electrician's Mate

well yet again the sh4 1.4 patch tells me sh4 dosnt exist on my computer.
Old 12-07-16, 02:20 AM   #18
Redwake
Electrician's Mate

well now steam wont even play sh4, states that the executable is missing, went to verify game files through steam and voila it wants me to download it again..... and well I don't got the data left of the hotspot to do that, so I guess my subbing days are over. ill update if and when I can possibly play sh4 again.
Old 12-07-16, 07:28 AM   #19
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

You definitely don't wanna lose your quota for the month of December, what with all of that shoppin' you've still got to do!

If you moved the SH4.exe, put it back. Hopefully, it'll work after that. I don't remember if you can "validate" an install more than once?...

I finally found THEBERSTERS link: SH$<>Tutorials<>How to do it<>Info... It's much easier to do this on a ~real~ computer...

The first Steam mention is in the Steam Conversion SH4 Installation Instructions from 2015, where the whole folder is moved, and renamed without spaces. I do not know how reliable that method is.

The second is more recent http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...21&postcount=3 down in Post #3. I remember the posting, but I do not remember the title of the thread. I do know this method works, because I have a few Steam games, and this is how I've managed their installations. You log into the Steam site on your account, and do it from there.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-16, 04:52 PM   #20
Redwake
Electrician's Mate

Ugh, still gotta wait till my data resets. I think I'm just going to avoid trying to mod or patch the game due to this debacle. I'll just be happy to have a semi running game lol. Thank you for the help tho guys.
Old 12-12-16, 08:48 PM   #21
Redwake
Electrician's Mate

Default SUCCESS

Managed to get SH4 up and running again, not gonna try to mod it or anything after last times debacle, I'm just happy it runs and I hope the rest of you are having good hunting. My first patrol, on the new career finished with over 130k tons thanks to a fleet of carriers in stormy weather, which allowed me to do my work, and a few unlucky liner's and heavy merchants. It's as if the game was like welcome back. Happy hunting all.
Old 12-13-16, 01:34 AM   #22
Factor
Weps

Downloads: 180

Are you trying to patch the steam version to 1.4? I have the steam version, along with the Uboat missions that patch the game to 1.5, and all mods work as they are intended.

If you have the steam version, do yourself a favor and get the add on. It is worth it just for the supported mods. If you have not all ready.

I have SH4 along with the 1.5 uboat patch installed to the default path to my Steam folder. All mods work great using the JSGME Tool that I unpacked here....C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific

The Uboat mission should be on sale soon for the holiday sale, for around 4 bucks. The TMO 2.5 mod alone is worth at the very least 4 bucks. LoL
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-16, 03:22 AM   #23
Redwake
Electrician's Mate

That's what I'm gonna do is wait to get the add on then poke around with mods, but for now it's a waiting game. Literally lol.
Old 12-13-16, 10:28 AM   #24
Factor
Weps

That would be your best option. I have the add on, but haven't touched the UBoat side of it SH4. I only got it for the mod support, and it is well worth it. And if you pick it up for less than 4 dollars, its a steal, IMO.

But to confirm, I have the steam version, with the add on, and running mods perfectly using JSGME. My SH4 is installed to the Steam folder as well. The default path.

If you need help setting it up once your sorted, post back and we can get you going.

PS, I got this game during the black Friday sale, both the main game and the add on for less than 9 dollars. A steal. And, this is the THIRD time I have purchased this game in the last 10 years. LoL. First time playing since 2012, and I forgot how awesome this sim can be with the right mods. Just last night, after a successful attack on a Jap carrier, I was depth charged relentlessly for almost three hours, REAL TIME. It was intense......It was awesome. Using the TM 2.5 mod right now.

Last edited by Factor; 12-13-16 at 10:54 AM.
Old 12-13-16, 11:00 AM   #25
Redwake
Electrician's Mate

Oh believe me I'll be asking questions when the time comes, but so far I had just normal reinstalled steam and made a new folder for the games to download, bit I'm thinking it has somthing to do with my os being win 10. But that carrier attack and depth charging sounds dope. I try to carry out my attack in stormy weather due to crap viz and the waves making it hard to track me. In TMO does that go away?
Old 12-13-16, 11:28 AM   #26
Factor
Weps

Not sure, but, the look outs and sonar guys are very efficient. Warships to merchants. And the airplanes are deadly. I recommend reading the very well written manual that is included with the TM 2.5 download file, before installing or playing.

I played Real Fleet Boat as well years ago, I remember it being very enjoyable as well. After a few weeks on TM, I will give RFB another proper go.

As far as installing JSGME and the mods, it is a snap. Very easy once you get JSGME pointed to the right place. I can confirm that JSGME and all 1.5 mods work with the Steam copy with the Uboat add on.

Last edited by Factor; 12-13-16 at 11:39 AM.
Old 12-13-16, 11:53 AM   #27
Factor
Weps

In the meantime, before you purchase and apply the add on, make sure your game is completely vanilla, and installed to your default path that steam installs the game to. Which is here.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific

By the way,the above line is where you will want to point your JSGME download to install when prompted. You can either point it yourself, or just copy and paste the line above. I would try to find the path first, just to be safe.

There is no real reason, I see, to install to another folder and start moving files around. Mine is installed thru the steam app, and I have had no problems what so ever installing the JSGME mod enabler, or the mods themselves.

Last edited by Factor; 12-13-16 at 07:48 PM.
Old 12-13-16, 11:56 PM   #28
Redwake
Electrician's Mate

Hmm ok, well I'll have to look into it, and the game is completely vanilla, 1.3 from steam. So that's squared.
Old 12-14-16, 06:01 PM   #29
Factor
Weps

The next Steam sale should start on December 22. You can in the meantime get the JSGME enabler downloaded, and whatever mods interest you. I believe I read earlier you were limited on how much you can download per day....
Old 12-14-16, 10:32 PM   #30
Redwake
Electrician's Mate

Yeah I'm on a hotspot Cuz I live in the middle of BFE so Internet is a hard thing to come by lol. I just have to everything one at a time.