SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-25-15, 10:07 AM   #106
20000 Leagues
Seaman

Downloads: 111
Uploads: 0

I use Steam and have no problems modding. Those who use Steam need to know that most mods assume the game is in a Ubisoft folder on the "C" drive. When saving a download, Steam users have to use C:/Programfilesx86/steam/steamapps/common/silenthunter3/mods.

Cheers!
20000 Leagues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-15, 10:51 AM   #107
pedalboat
A-ganger

Downloads: 130

When someone solves a problem, please tell the rest of us what you did to sort out that problem.
pedalboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-15, 02:07 PM   #108
almg
Loader

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedalboat View Post
When someone solves a problem, please tell the rest of us what you did to sort out that problem.
You're right pedalboat.
I've deplaced SHIII from C:/Programfilesx86/steam/steamapps/common/silenthunter3/ to the desk.
Then I change the name: SilenthunterIII must be fully attached.
And I began the program.

Regards from France

Anonymous

almg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-15, 04:44 PM   #109
avers
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 586

hey guys, im about to download LSH3, do I need to install any of the patches separately? Or are they all put in to the full version?
avers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-15, 08:56 PM   #110
Cbeck139
Watch

Downloads: 13

All patches should now be included with the download.

Windows 10
Intel Core I7, 2.8 GHz Processor
24GB DDR3L 1600MHz RAM
1 TB 7200 RPM Hard Drive
Nvidia Geforce GTX980M Graphics Card
18.4 Inch Screen
Cbeck139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-15, 01:18 PM   #111
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbeck139 View Post
All patches should now be included with the download.
Yes, they are!
Old 08-04-15, 04:32 AM   #112
Fahnenbohn
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by avers View Post
Hey guys, I don't know if this is problem, but it's something i should still ask, I went on my training patrol and every torpedo I shot at the training ships, ran deep, even when I set the dial as shallow as possible, they ran deep (even when I used impact, and the seas were rough to)! I know that German torps had problems, but I feel like I'm having these problems more than I should, has anyone else had this happen to them?
If you are using H.Sie hardcode fixes, it's due to the Torpedo Failure Fix.
Fahnenbohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-15, 04:46 PM   #113
areo16
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 64

Where are the credits for this mod?

areo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-15, 06:10 AM   #114
Peter_v_Gruen
Swabbie

Downloads: 4
Default Im encountering a strange bug

Hey,

Every ship is neutral even the German ships are does anyone know hot to fix this?

Thats my mods enabled

Peter_v_Gruen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-15, 09:21 AM   #115
avers
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 586

If u start in August, the war hasn't started yet, so everyone is marked neutral because no one is at war with anyone yet.
avers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-15, 09:42 AM   #116
Peter_v_Gruen
Swabbie

Downloads: 4
Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by avers View Post
If u start in August, the war hasn't started yet, so everyone is marked neutral because no one is at war with anyone yet.
Thank you i just found it out 5 min ago but thank you very much
Peter_v_Gruen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-15, 02:21 PM   #117
danasan
Elite Spam Hunter

Downloads: 39

@ Blueduck and Urmel:

Don't let it get you down! You'd better give a nothing on those who want to discredit you (you know who I mean)...

Let's hope for some better times to come, Ariel!

Der Herr des Hauses

"I invite you to go inside this submergible hole in the water where you can nicely hide from destroyers."
danasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-15, 02:25 PM   #118
danasan
Elite Spam Hunter

Downloads: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValoWay View Post

The eastern exit seems to be a bit tricky to pass because of two the doors there while the northern one with only one door worked out better for me. I find the sound effects of VII-B's flak gun too weak.
Yeah, you can loose some paint between those damn locks there.

"I invite you to go inside this submergible hole in the water where you can nicely hide from destroyers."
danasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-15, 12:12 PM   #119
CaptBones
The Old Man

Downloads: 206

Default Strange problem and some questions.

Urmel/Blueduck, et. al.

First of all, THANK YOU so much for the work you've all done to provide us with another excellent "supermod".

The problem I've run into is rather strange; when I start the program from the shortcut in the desktop folder with all of the shortcuts, I get this pop-up warning "sh3.exe - Entry Point Not Found...The procedure entry point Direct3DCreate9Ex could not be located in the dynamic link library d3d9.dll." If I click on the "OK" button several times, the warning goes away and the game starts and runs just fine. But, it is annoying and I'm wondering if it will cause problems later on as the game progresses (so far I have only tested it, successfully, in the Naval Academy Navigation training course, using the Full Version and GUI Widescreen MODs).

Do you, or anyone else have any ideas on how to stop this from happening? My system is an Alienware Area 51 with Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit, i7 960 Quad Core, 12GB DDR 1333MHz Triple Channel RAM, 1TB SATA 3Gb/s (RAID 1) 32MB Cache HDD, Dual 1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GTX 460 Video Card, with a Dell U3011 monitor. I have a recent dxdiag report (no problems found) that I could send if it would help.

Next, is it possible to replace the stock "cartoonish" officer faces in the data/Menu/Data folder with those from "Das Boot"? I have that mod applied to my GWX3 installation, but I tried to do the same with the V15 and it didn't work. I would also like to get the crew out of their service dress uniforms and into more casual patrol attire, using Raptor's uniform mod, but I don't know if that would cause problems and I hope you can tell me whether or not that would be the case.

One final question, for now; should the additional V15 MODs I want to use be applied in the order they appear in the MOD folder?
CaptBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-15, 01:09 PM   #120
CaptBones
The Old Man

Downloads: 206

Default Follow-up to my d3d9 issue...

OK...a little more info on this and another question or two.

This only happens when any of the V15 Widescreen GUI MODs are applied.

I looked for solutions on the Web and found lots of "Expert" opinions and answers...most of which I would not try, to tell you the truth! Even Microsoft's "fix" (reinstall DirectX 9) wouldn't work, the installer discovers a newer version (DirectX 11) is installed and then closes...thanks Bill!!!!

Anyway, with a 30" monitor, I can live with 4:3 resolution and the two black bars on the sides; it's still a nice big picture. So, unless someone has a simple, workable solution, that's what I'll do.

Also, the officer faces I would like to replace are the ones on the Orders Bar at the lower left corner of the screen. The "Das Boot" officer faces MOD worked for the Crew Management screen, but I don't recall how to replace the Orders Bar icons with those same "Das Boot" characters. Help, anyone?

Next, concerning h.sie's patcher...it isn't clear from the installation instructions, but I assume (that's risky, I know)...the fixes noted as already activated do not need to be checked-off on the Options Selector...correct? [Never mind; this one answered itself. When I opened the Options Selector for the first time, yesterday, before activating the V15 Full Version, the selection boxes were all blank. When I opened the Options Selector today, with V15 FV activated, the "preselected" option boxes all had check marks.] Plus, if I want to modify the ini.cfg file to adjust some parameters, that needs to be done before installing the h.sie patch MOD, also correct?

Lastly (for now anyway), I have several MODs/changes that I use in SH3 Commander for my GWX3 installation; such as MFM skins for "Date" folders, WB's Combi-Mod v0.7, and some "Date" folder changes to "data\Cfg" files to adjust AI sonar/hydrophone detection capabilities according to enemy skill levels at different stages of the war. Do you think any of those changes would be likely to cause problems with SH3 Commander for V15?

Well, "time flies" and I have to run to the Dealership to get the 40K mile maintenance done on my MB GL 350BTC...yup, I do appreciate German engineering.

Thanks again for a great supermod package!

Last edited by CaptBones; 08-13-15 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Added information.
CaptBones is offline   Reply With Quote