SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-06-08, 08:44 AM   #61
asanovic7
Captain

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0
Default First Things First

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis
Quote:
Originally Posted by asanovic7
HUH THIS REALLY IS HARD!
I hear ya.

I see there are questions over compatibility with OLCE2. asanovic, I hope you don't mind if I post here a quote from post #1 of the Ubermod thread, which will hopefully clear things up:

Quote:
FAQ: If I ignore you and enable them both [OLCE2 and SH4 Effects] anyway?
A: Various particle effects will look too bright and/or be strangely coloured during the night and/or underwater, but no gameplay problems or CTDs will occur on account of the two mods being mixed.

To whoever wants to combine the two mods, I say: beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so just enable them both and see how it looks to you. What I think is "too bright and/or strangely coloured" might look just fine in your opinion, in which case there's no problem.
Not only I don't mind, I am greatly thankfull(right order and choice of words?) and exhilarated and bemused and really appreciative for your aiding to this situation.
Cheers, Mate!!!
p.s. are you going to euro? I just couldn't resist.. Sorry..

Quote:
Originally Posted by a6intruder
planes with flares
I heared you and I really want to thank you for sharing the info. First, about your question for the fires, send me pm and I will answer the best I can.
Second, I didn't play flak artillery academy. I made myself a mission from the happy times with stukas overwhelming that poor convoy, they shot plenty so I didn't notice the flares. Maybe a difference with loadouts or id's of the files(instead of rockets??), I will check it today. There are a couple of ways to conduct investigation. Can someone please cruise through the rb's thread for some info on the subject or someone who tailed the thread(it has over 50 pages..)? Next, a6intruder can you make a screenie? I will test it myself today. Somewhere in my mind rings a bell, that Racerboy spoke of this bug only happening in flak artillery academy shootout.. I don't know why..
About the wind I will talk after the post with screnies for the v2.04C release, I hope on this page. I will explain it in so much detail, I hope you will feel you are in school!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubergruber
"really"
Please, can you share some light on the subject. I know I am an idiot, but please I have some worries and the last thing is for me to worry about stuff like this. Don't torcher me. Or come to Croatia..

I'm sorry about so many posts from me. I just love screenies..

Last edited by asanovic7; 05-06-08 at 09:45 AM.
asanovic7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-08, 09:11 AM   #62
asanovic7
Captain

Default Version 2.04C pics

This is the main difference:
This pics were taken on original GWX 2.1 scenery..

As you can see clearly, oil smokes don't vanish when fires go out, anymore..
One itch could be those oil fires go out while ship is trying to sink, so maybe time should be adjusted. BUT! Try first and then judge!!!
I promise you will not be dissapointed. Or you will, then kill me..
Old 05-06-08, 09:33 AM   #63
Myxale
Admiral

Holy smoke Batman!

Myxale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-08, 09:40 AM   #64
asanovic7
Captain

Default Wind Affecting Smokes

This is how I figured the wind system, if someone knows better please call me a moron and explain correctly.
As you see this coordinate system in space(I know it's Cartesian but I don't know the right word) with x axis that is spreading in the ships direction, y axis is going up and z to the left of the ship(S..T, in the cross of the axis it's coordinates are x,y,z 0,0,0 so when I say spread in some direction it means that x is positive when going from 0 in the direction of the ship's stern and negative when going from the 0 in the direction of the ship's bow) .
Now, in properties of particle generators you have an windaffect number for the particles and wind properties for the whole thing. You can put number from 0-not affected by the wind to whatever(try if you like and know what to do) in windaffected number.
Now, wind properties for PG's consist of local and global x y z offsets. You should put 0, 0.1, 0.2 and so on to 1(don't know about other numbers, but I put 0,5, the smoke almost left the screen) into the xyz offsets. I tested a couple of times and didn't notice difference if you change local or global. The only thing I didn't do is to change them both :rotfl: . But, bear with me..
Now, in this mod y coordinate is affected, that meaning when wind is blowing the smoke will rise further.
So, to make smoke lean one way or the other, you have to change x and z. So, I added 0,1 to x and z in a hope when wind blows the smokes will be affected. And HOORAY, it leaned.. Until, I changed the weather direction from 0 to 180(opposite direction for you in the last thwart ) and hooray the smoke was leaning in the.. SAME DIRECTION..
I don't know about you but I find that ridicoulous.. So, basically everytime you have a wind the smoke will lean in the same direction regardless of that wind's direction. So, I left things the way they are.
On a pic that a6intruder shown on page 3(if I'm not mistaken) from dkruger you can see what will happen ***InMyHumbleOpinion*** when you add the numbers I just talked about.
Why I think adding some other number doesn't affect the thing?
Cause if you figure out the system, when you add 0,1 to x axis, that means the smoke will lean in the direction of the ship.
When you then add 0,1 to z axis, the smoke will then lean to the left of the stern of the ship, if we say ship's direction is due north, the smoke will lean in north, northwestern direction.

Hope I am wrong.
Cheers!

Last edited by asanovic7; 05-06-08 at 10:50 AM.
Old 05-06-08, 09:42 AM   #65
asanovic7
Captain

Default I couldn't resist 2

And now, huh!!! after all this explanations I'm thinking only about stuff like this one..

BUAHAHAHA... it was not so obscene.... It was a nice screenshot......

what a way..
for other screenshots you can check out my album on photobucket..

http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm225/asanovic7/
nevertheless sorry..

Ahh.. cold beer..

Ubergruber, I think this mod would be compatible to LRT, no?

Cheers!
)

Last edited by asanovic7; 05-06-08 at 10:13 AM.
Old 05-06-08, 10:00 AM   #66
Uber Gruber
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

@Asanovic7

Oh, I see what you mean now...I use Longer Repair Times 2.02 (LRT) with GWX 2.1 (with Patch) and OLCs Uber mod. Currently i'm looking at, or will be looking at, ensuring its compatible with LRT.
Old 05-06-08, 11:06 AM   #67
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Hello,
it is ok with the sounds, even if the fog horns of steamers were of limited use for not inviting unwanted guests. I just think the shrilling whistle is much too loud to hear if you are at the conning tower of a U-boat in the atlantic . Only an acoustical err observation lol
Greetings,
Catfish
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-08, 11:11 AM   #68
A6Intruder
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by asanovic7

This is how I figured the wind system, if someone knows better please call me a moron and explain correctly.
As you see this coordinate system in space(I know it's Cartesian but I don't know the right word) with x axis that is spreading in the ships direction, y axis is going up and z to the left of the ship(S..T, in the cross of the axis it's coordinates are x,y,z 0,0,0 so when I say spread in some direction it means that x is positive when going from 0 in the direction of the ship's stern and negative when going from the 0 in the direction of the ship's bow) .
Now, in properties of particle generators you have an windaffect number for the particles and wind properties for the whole thing. You can put number from 0-not affected by the wind to whatever(try if you like and know what to do) in windaffected number.
Now, wind properties for PG's consist of local and global x y z offsets. You should put 0, 0.1, 0.2 and so on to 1(don't know about other numbers, but I put 0,5, the smoke almost left the screen) into the xyz offsets. I tested a couple of times and didn't notice difference if you change local or global. The only thing I didn't do is to change them both :rotfl: . But, bear with me..
Now, in this mod y coordinate is affected, that meaning when wind is blowing the smoke will rise further.
So, to make smoke lean one way or the other, you have to change x and z. So, I added 0,1 to x and z in a hope when wind blows the smokes will be affected. And HOORAY, it leaned.. Until, I changed the weather direction from 0 to 180(opposite direction for you in the last thwart ) and hooray the smoke was leaning in the.. SAME DIRECTION..
I don't know about you but I find that ridicoulous.. So, basically everytime you have a wind the smoke will lean in the same direction regardless of that wind's direction. So, I left things the way they are.
On a pic that a6intruder shown on page 3(if I'm not mistaken) from dkruger you can see what will happen Cheers!

It is on Side 2 and shows the Bismarck with windaffected smoke.
kind regards.
A6Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-08, 11:22 AM   #69
asanovic7
Captain

Default ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by A6Intruder
It is on Side 2 and shows the Bismarck with windaffected smoke.
kind regards.
OK, on page.. AAAH side 2, thanks! I call it page..

Hey I don't know what seems to be problem, I explained that pic from page 2 in my last post?? with coordinates and all??
Old 05-06-08, 11:33 AM   #70
A6Intruder
Seasoned Skipper

Kind regards
Old 05-06-08, 12:04 PM   #71
asanovic7
Captain

Default hey

THanks for the screenie! a6intruder, thanks for intruding..
Can you make what I will do tonight if I make it? Make a mission with exactly those same aeroplanes and some things strong enuf to cut them..
I really think that is connected only with that mission, flak academy. But I really don't know how to think..
because..
As racerboy said, the trigger for "lighshow" is in splinter explosion. As splinter explosion is connected only with ship damage status in zones.cfg. Planes have their own splinter explosion effects. G...n I don't know what's a splinter . ahh now I remember about a splinter in my arse got stuck there during the aero attack off shore of africa..
I dunno.. I plan anyway to cut that flare effect down dramatically, but first I have to check on that effect dramatically.. maybe it's connected to the zones.cfg...
You can figure that for now as people in planes love techno parties and similar gatherings.. :rotfl:
Old 05-06-08, 02:04 PM   #72
Myxale
Admiral

Well I played the Flak training today for hours and I found no flare!
I tested the latest version of this mod and the former one! And still nothing out of the ordinary!

Here a screen! It was fun...like playing a shooter!

Myxale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-08, 02:50 PM   #73
A6Intruder
Seasoned Skipper

Same here. No more flares after shoot down a plane. Very nice effects. Now a little bit "wind" and your mod is perfect!!
Kind regards
Old 05-06-08, 03:02 PM   #74
danurve
The Old Man

Uploads: 3

asanovic7; could you tell me please what mod your using for the officer icons?

thanx.
Old 05-06-08, 08:37 PM   #75
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Clear your PM's there Mate.
:rotfl: