SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > MoBo - Electronic Maneuvering Board
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-24-09, 01:39 AM   #1
treblesum81
Frogman

Downloads: 71
Uploads: 0
Default Tips for tracking convoys with MoBo please

Hi all,

I'm new to MoBo, though I'm trying hard to learn it and use it in my escapades in SH4. This newness leads me to believe I'm trying to bite off more than I can chew with my current situation. As is, I'm sitting at night, underwater, at the mouth of Camranh Bay tracking a convoy with lots of military hardware cruise in towards the port. Up to this point, I'm ok, but I've run into a problem trying to track the individual ships in the convoy so that I can get myself set up correctly for a successful "alpha strike" style attack with both my fore and aft tubes. This means that I need to maneuver between the two main lines to be in proper position (I know this may not be the most accurate attack style, but I've had some good luck with this in SH3, so I want to see if I can get it to work in SH4).

The problem I'm running into, is that I can't keep track of all of the individual ships well enough to find their relative positions. Even though I'm using map contacts, I can't even correctly sort out the pile of lines so that I can try some sort of motion calculations on them to get their positions, speeds, and ranges. Is this task possible? If so, how can I go about doing it?

Thanks,
Greg
Old 09-26-09, 02:00 AM   #2
treblesum81
Frogman

Downloads: 71
Uploads: 0

Anyone?
Old 09-27-09, 04:35 PM   #3
XLjedi
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 53
Uploads: 8

If you have map contacts turned on, it's just a matter of watching the lines and trying to determine which one you need to track.

You know, the contact lines terminate at the exact location of each ship.

On the one hand yes, it's harder to track multiple targets at once with hydrophone only and no contact updates. On the other hand, if you unleash a volley toward the convoy you're likely to hit something.