Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-26-18, 12:02 PM   #1
somedude88
Torpedoman

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0
Default Faster snapshots?

Sometimes I get a torp fired at me at the very beginning of a quickmission, (as little as 30 seconds)

and my question is, what is the fastest way to send a return shot? It takes me about 45 seconds, which is pretty slow. (this is in the skipjack by the way, not sure if the firing sequence is faster in newer subs.)
somedude88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-18, 01:02 PM   #2
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

The torpedoes are not neccessarily aimed at you. But to other units in the area the shooter deems is an enemy. That includes neutral units.

Depending on mods used you are simply stuck in a spot where the quick mission is incorrectly sized for the changed sensitivity of your and enemy's sensors. Quickly slowing down to lower your loudness might stop them from shooting at you. But you can always get caught in the middle of things. Since you don't know immediately where a contact is, or what it is, there is no quick-shot method to be top-dog. It should not happen in the first place. At least not that quick. The quick missions are borked. Ofcourse you can always turn on the truth-layer to know where they are, but where is the fun in that?

The download section has a number of moddified quick mission regions. I think they were modified to fix these shooting-spree festivals. But I am not sure, and the description does not mention.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...do=file&id=308
Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-18, 04:04 AM   #3
jadervason
Bosun

Downloads: 15

This is what I try to do when I have the wherewithal.

Torpedo in the water!
Press 'C.' Click a heading ~90 degrees from inbound torpedo bearing. Launch countermeasures. Adjust speed high enough to be in different place than countermeasures when torpedo arrives.

Put cursor over ownship. Press 'R'. Trace route to inbound torpedo bearing. Press "Ctrl-Enter" to add manual solution. Right click manual solution, designate as sub. Right click manual solution, 'Engage' with desired torpedo.

Press F6, click wire guided weapon. "Enable" wire-guided weapon.
jadervason is offline   Reply With Quote