SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-27-24, 01:26 PM   #7486
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Jones View Post
Just curious--I'm currently playing Onealex, but I want to see how GWX works without it. No matter how many times I try, I can't get Arb Widegui to work with GWX. The Nav Map is unusable. I keep slamming into walls or running aground and killing pedestrians. Is MaGUI compatible with GWX3_Full? If so, the Media Fire page that the link provided on the mod's thread links to doesn't have MaGUI listed.

Any help finding MaGUI would be appreciated.
Maybe this will help. https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...ighlight=magui

Also, regarding the nav map chances are it (maps.cfg) simply needs to be edited for Arb.
Old 02-28-24, 02:35 PM   #7487
D-Jones
Gunner

Downloads: 150
Uploads: 0

Thanks, JP. I've been trying that link for days. I don't see the mod listed there though. None of the files on the Mediafire link seem to have anything to do with MaGUI. Maybe I'm missing something.

It's the Nav map that's my problem. At 1920x1080 it's almost unreadable, and I have a decent computer and pretty good eyes. I have Ahnenerbe WideGui installed now. It works well, but the damned map is almost unreadable. I can't get Arb to work (and I'm not alone). I get a double Nav Map, one superimposed on the other, and I'm a sea-lanes menace running into everything. Frustrating. GWX is a great mod. Maybe the best there is.

Thanks for the reply.
D-Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-24, 03:27 PM   #7488
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Thanks, JP. I've been trying that link for days. I don't see the mod listed there though. None of the files on the Mediafire link seem to have anything to do with MaGUI. Maybe I'm missing something.

It's the Nav map that's my problem. At 1920x1080 it's almost unreadable, and I have a decent computer and pretty good eyes. I have Ahnenerbe WideGui installed now. It works well, but the damned map is almost unreadable. I can't get Arb to work (and I'm not alone). I get a double Nav Map, one superimposed on the other, and I'm a sea-lanes menace running into everything. Frustrating. GWX is a great mod. Maybe the best there is.

Thanks for the reply.
Go to his mediafire page that is linked in the post I linked to. Once there open his Manos GUI(s) folder and everything you need is there.
Old 02-28-24, 04:44 PM   #7489
D-Jones
Gunner

Downloads: 150

And, there's the answer.

Thanks, JP.
D-Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-24, 12:36 AM   #7490
mazzi
Mate

Downloads: 551

Quote:
I get a double Nav Map, one superimposed on the other, and I'm a sea-lanes menace running into everything.
You better read the entire topic 'Tycho Sh3 Patch' https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=231140, in posts 51 and 52 it says specifically what to do if you have a double map.
For the patch you need the original sh3.exe which must first be patched by H.sie and only then patch it with a patch from Tycho. Tycho does not patch after itself (Tycho patch) already patched file, or H.sie does not patch after Tycho - I don’t remember. That's why the patching workflow is so complex: Original sh3.exe -> H.sie path -> Tycho patch
mazzi is offline   Reply With Quote