SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-14-17, 10:33 AM   #1
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Please remember, i dont know things about other peoples mods

I just wanted to put this out there, because I have been getting a LOT of questions lately about how "this or that" works in someone else's mods.

I help whenever I can if I know something, but in most cases, only the guy who made the mod can know what it does and why it does it, so it is rare, if ever, that I can answer such questions about things other then to just "guess" about it which I don't like doing.

if you have general mod questions ask away but if you need specific answers about a mod I didn't make then please ask the guy who made it or ask your questions in the thread that talks about that mod and maybe someone there knows.

im not saying I am not here and always willing to help if I can, its just that I cant know things about what someone else had in mind when they made a mod or what it does.

Last edited by Webster; 07-17-17 at 08:35 AM.
Old 07-14-17, 10:37 AM   #2
p.jakub88
Gunner

Downloads: 123
Uploads: 1
Icon1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster View Post
I just wanted to put this out there, because I have been getting a LOT of questions lately about how "this or that" works in someone else's mods.

I help whenever I can if I know something, but in most cases, only the guy who made the mod can know what it does and why it does it, so it is rare, if ever, that I can answer such questions about things other then to just "guess" about it which I don't like doing.

if you have general mod questions ask away but if you need specific answers about a mod I didn't make then please ask the guy who made it or ask your questions in the thread that talks about that mod and maybe someone there knows.

im not saying I am not here and always willing to help if I can, its just that I cant know things about what someone else had in mind when they made a mod or what it does.

Hello Webster,

i am afraid that this is adressed to me.

I apologize for asking You, but some mod creators are already retired from SH4 modding scene or disabled the option to PM them. Moreover i thought that You would be more informed that i am in terms of SH4 mods.

I won't be asking You any questions in future i promise.

If only the mod Readmes were more detailed i wouldn't bother other people with my questions.

I am also a mod creator, but for other PC games and i try to describe as detailed as i can all my own mods features, installation instructions, etc.

I don't blame anyone, if it could not answer my question, so there is no need to explain Yourself.

Jakub

Last edited by p.jakub88; 07-14-17 at 11:05 AM.
p.jakub88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-17, 12:39 PM   #3
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.jakub88 View Post
Hello Webster,

i am afraid that this is adressed to me.

I apologize for asking You, but some mod creators are already retired from SH4 modding scene or disabled the option to PM them. Moreover i thought that You would be more informed that i am in terms of SH4 mods.

I won't be asking You any questions in future i promise.

If only the mod Readmes were more detailed i wouldn't bother other people with my questions.

I am also a mod creator, but for other PC games and i try to describe as detailed as i can all my own mods features, installation instructions, etc.

I don't blame anyone, if it could not answer my question, so there is no need to explain Yourself.

Jakub
this isn't about you, if it were I would have sent you a PM about this.

its about the 30 or so questions I have been getting over the last 3 months from those who ask me how someone elses mod was created, what files were used, or what it does. how can I possibly know such things.

I can often help with suggestions or tips where to look to find things but I am far from knowing everything about this game and I just ask people to think about what they are asking before sending me questions.

anyone sending me questions should ask for help with general modding tips or suggestions where to look in the files for things but don't ask me specific questions about specific mods I had nothing to do with because I cannot possibly know such things

believe it or not, you will get better help and a faster response by just asking your questions in the open forum because I don't spend much time on the forums anymore and often it may take a week or more before I check my messages
Old 07-14-17, 12:39 PM   #4
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

Don't take it personally p.jakub88, I'm sure Webster would answer any questions about any mod if he only knew the answer to that question.
Old 07-14-17, 12:46 PM   #5
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
Don't take it personally p.jakub88, I'm sure Webster would answer any questions about any mod if he only knew the answer to that question.
very true

just don't ask a baker to fix your car and don't ask a mechanic to bake you a cake is all lol
Old 07-14-17, 12:50 PM   #6
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123
Uploads: 0

Hi guys
I have quite a bit of help in my SH4 signature regarding mods, mega mods and compatibility for any newcomer to SH4.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-17, 12:58 PM   #7
p.jakub88
Gunner

Downloads: 123
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster View Post
very true

just don't ask a baker to fix your car and don't ask a mechanic to bake you a cake is all lol
OK, sorry for that. Maybe people thought that You know everything since You are a forum moderator...
p.jakub88 is offline   Reply With Quote