SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-16-15, 03:40 PM   #1036
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerazzurri View Post
Thanks folks.

Thing is, I've not did any of those; and when I try to start the save game it loads until the initial script, 'a long time ago' or whatever it is, appears and then it crashes.

I also tried reloading the previous save, so losing the most previous one, but it behaved just the same.

Puzzling.
Not too puzzling. You have a corrupted save, for some reason most likely not related to SH3C. SH3 is prone to them, and there are lots of things you can do inadvertently to cause them. Since you ended your career with a CTD from a corrupted save, that qualifies as an "abnormal end". So SH3C shows the Null grid. The Null grid is not the problem. It is just an indication that your last SH3 session did not end with a normal save.

Now, you still have to find out what caused the CTD. There are lots of possibilities. I had a long thread going a while ago as I dug out all the things I had done to cause a rash of them in my game install. And there are lots of other threads you can find that will offer help. For now, if you want advice on this thread, you should post your mod list and, where you were, and what was happening in-game before your last couple of saves. Then people can start diagnosing the problem and how to prevent it in the future. But one thing you can be pretty sure of: The saves that are CTDing now are irrecoverable. "They're dead, Jim." Sad, but true.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-15, 01:25 PM   #1037
moxeys
Swabbie

Downloads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner View Post
A tad lost here mate, 'Career' = campaign Single mission is exactly what it says, a single mission which you can choose.

Best regards.
Fubar2Niner

Sorry if I wasn't clear - I want to play a career in sh3, but I don't want to use the career options in the commander mod. I'm more interested in other features of the commander mod, like changing the start date of the campaign, editing time compression, changing loading screens etc.

I'm not really looking to use the commander dossier and other such features right now, so I'm just wondering if this type of use case is possible
moxeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-15, 02:34 PM   #1038
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275
Not Sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxeys View Post
Sorry if I wasn't clear - I want to play a career in sh3, but I don't want to use the career options in the commander mod. I'm more interested in other features of the commander mod, like changing the start date of the campaign, editing time compression, changing loading screens etc.

I'm not really looking to use the commander dossier and other such features right now, so I'm just wondering if this type of use case is possible
No apology needed mate, to answer your question.... I really don't know. I guess you could use commander in career mode but not bother to produce personnal files, visit the night club et el. I have never personnaly tried it but I guess it's worth a bash Good luck mate

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-15, 07:35 AM   #1039
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

To use Commander for its features you also have to use it for said career.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-15, 08:06 AM   #1040
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxeys View Post

I think you might not understand what is involved. To use the features of SH3C that you want - especially career start date - you must define a name and starting flotilla in SH3C. But that's all you need to do. The personnel file and patrol logs are completely passive. All you can do is look at them. Same with the cabaret. The only interaction possible is crew management, and it is completely optional. You can ignore it completely and just use the crew management of SH3. You can turn off all SH3C career options on the - ready? - Career Options screen. So you can use SH3C exactly the way you have described. BUT you have to enter a name, starting flotilla, and start date into SH3C, then enter the same name, starting flotilla, and starting year in SH3. If you don't want the bother of making up a name, SH3C will generate a random one for you, and you can take the defaults for everything else. There is really very little that you HAVE to do to create a career in SH3C, and then you get access to all the features you mentioned.
Old 03-05-15, 12:15 PM   #1041
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

I am trying to use the randomized events feature of SH3C. I understand how to set up a multiple choice event (ChooseFrom=XX), and how to set up a single random integer to insert. But I do not know the syntax to specify a random value for a floating-point number. I want to specify a random value between -0.05 and +0.15. Does anyone know the proper syntax to do this?

"A simple randomisation where a random value is selected from a set range. Usage: <SectionName>|<KeyName>=<Integer or Float+precision>|<Lower>|<Upper>|<Randomise mid patrol Y/N?> for text files."

The syntax for Integer is just "I". How do I specify a floating point value? Any help would be most appreciated.

Last edited by BigWalleye; 03-05-15 at 12:33 PM.
Old 03-05-15, 02:24 PM   #1042
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Hi BigWalleye,

I looked at my notes and found this (IIRC, it's directly from JScones):

This is an explicit flag for telling SH3Cmdr how many decimal places there should be.
F# implies a decimal point, meaning F0|5|10|Y would result in a number such as "6.",
whereas with I|5|10|Y the result would be just "6". F5|5|10|Y would result in a number such as "6.24574".

Regards, LGN1
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-15, 05:00 PM   #1043
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1 View Post
Hi BigWalleye,

I looked at my notes and found this (IIRC, it's directly from JScones):

This is an explicit flag for telling SH3Cmdr how many decimal places there should be.
F# implies a decimal point, meaning F0|5|10|Y would result in a number such as "6.",
whereas with I|5|10|Y the result would be just "6". F5|5|10|Y would result in a number such as "6.24574".

Regards, LGN1
Thanks, LGN1! Your answer helped me confirm what I had suspected - that I can't use the randomization function the way I wanted to. I wanted to generate a random number between -0.05 and +0.15. But the upper and lower limits must be integers! The simple randomization function won't do it, so I'll use multiple choice. A bit more work, but I can control the distribution.
Old 12-11-15, 10:53 PM   #1044
TheStrike
Swabbie

Downloads: 52

Hello, i was long time away from forum and now back and start to play again SH3 With GWX. I try to download SH Commander but i cant, i dont know, i remeber i use it before and was free to download, now i must pay? or dont let me because i was alo of time away from the forum? Can someone give me a help? thanks.
TheStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-15, 11:05 PM   #1045
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome back

TheStrike! after an 8.5 year silent run!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-15, 11:18 PM   #1046
TheStrike
Swabbie

i dont get it but thanks for the warm welcome back

any help for my question...plz
Old 12-12-15, 12:23 AM   #1047
sublynx
Sea Lord

Location: In the conning tower of my VIIC scanning the sea through the periscope
Downloads: 173
Uploads: 7

Activity (modding, donating, posting) will help in getting the right to download more.
Old 12-12-15, 12:25 AM   #1048
rowi58
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 56

Hi TheStrike, i don't know where you tried to download SH3_Commander. This software is allways free, so try it at Mike's FTP-Server: ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/Public/S...AESEN%20JONES/ Username: admin Password: Woelfe Greetings rowi58
Old 12-12-15, 06:34 AM   #1049
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

It's free here too, and always has been.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4789
Old 12-12-15, 05:56 PM   #1050
TheStrike
Swabbie

Thanks all for your help! i am here from 2005, but we grow up near 50 now and time is less, i start again to play and to remeber how its work things here, yesterday i download 4-5 files, guess its a limit and if u want to more downloads need to donate or to be more active, to donate is a problem cause in my country right now we have capitol controls and i cant use paypal, - i try to donate 5 dollars for 6 months paypal reject my creditcard -, anyway , thanks all for your answers and happy christmas to all./

p.s. Sailor Steve i download it already but its not always free to download, i have a limit to download files, i try just to see now and not let me again, so is not actually free, anyway thanks to rowi58 also.-

Last edited by TheStrike; 12-12-15 at 06:02 PM.

Tags
sh3 commander