SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-10-09, 01:56 PM   #61
Weiss Pinguin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 101
Uploads: 0

Wow, some incredible work here! Commanding battleships (Or destroyers even) would be a fun change from the slow, silent world of the submarine.

I've always thought a Destroyer Command remake would be cool. (Funnily enough, Destroyer Command is what got me into Silent Hunter III lol)
Old 01-10-09, 02:07 PM   #62
Freiwillige
The Old Man

Downloads: 24

Very beautifull mods you are doing and I am glad to see they are having success in China. Are there other great Chinese mod makers as well? Well Chinese U-47 I wanted to ask you a question. Do you think it is possable to copy SH IV water into SH III? What I mean is the way you can see through the water under the surface.

Well Good luck to you and keep up the good work
Freiwillige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-09, 04:58 PM   #63
U-46 Commander
Lieutenant

Downloads: 41

Where Can I download this great mod?! I really want to command a ship in SH3 instead of a U-boat, even Though I like them.

"Loved By Few, Hated By Many, Respected By All."-The U-boats.
U-46 Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-09, 08:25 PM   #64
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

Quote:
Do you think it is possable to copy SH IV water into SH III? What I mean is the way you can see through the water under the surface.
the games have similar engines. but they are not the same car.
the SH4 engine is a step up from SH3, with various modifications made to SH3 graphics to make the new graphics more realistic. Dont fret, there is a Surface-warfare mod coming out for SH4 that i am working with (kinda, no PC at the mo)
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-09, 10:15 PM   #65
yamato9
Lieutenant

Downloads: 115

Hello Chinese U-47.

You did fantastic work!
yamato9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-09, 03:40 AM   #66
Dronston
Lieutenant

Downloads: 68

Hi Chinese U-47, good work. We can't wait to play your mod....
Old 01-11-09, 05:51 AM   #67
Chinese U-47
Ensign

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freiwillige
Very beautifull mods you are doing and I am glad to see they are having success in China. Are there other great Chinese mod makers as well? Well Chinese U-47 I wanted to ask you a question. Do you think it is possable to copy SH IV water into SH III? What I mean is the way you can see through the water under the surface.

In China,there is another SH3 MOD team which is lead by Kys2000,and they also translated SH3 and GWX into Chinese,without them,most of Chinese SH3er and me won't touch this game.Right now they are translating SH4 V1.5 and will soon be OK.
As I knowing,they just make 1 SH3 MOD which called AJM,means Attack Japan MOD(in China,there are a lot of young men hate Japan,they want to fight with Japan in game,but in SH3 there is no JP navy at all).In this MOD,they took a lot of SH4 ships( such as American ships,Japanese ships)into SH3,and change DefSide.cfg so they can attack Japan as enemy.Of course,they change the base to Chian too.This MOD V2.0 have been introduced in subsim long long ago,but there is just 1 man replied.Kys2000 was very sad and hasn't been here any more.
Though some Chinese SH3er think this is foolish,but most of Chinese SH3er like it,even some of my friends.
Oh,by the way,I heard 1 man of his team also joined SH4 Really Environmental MOD team.In China,we called him Hornet,any one know him?
Except them there is just me.Long long ago when I play GWX1.0,that's the first MOD I've touch,God,I like it,it's much great than SH3 V1.4.But there is one thing I can't accept,I even could be sink by PTgun!I know GWX want to more reall,more dangerous,but I don't think I could be sink by PTgun is reall.Later GWX2.0 went out,I like its models,they are all very beautiful,but I meet the same question,in my 3rd patrol I meet a BR PT,I use 88mm deckgun shot it,and the PT just use PTgun,I think my Naval Artillery skill is not so bad,but the winer is PT,I was sink by PT again.
I'm so angry that I believe I must do my own MOD.I studied SH3 files,and get some tools from Kys2000(for this,I must thank him),and they I begin my work.
1 month later my first MOD,Wolf Ocean V1.0 published,it's June 2008 then.In my MOD,I used some ships from GWX2.0(I'm sorry that I havn't request GWX MOD team,yet then I even don't know what subsim is),and made some kinds of ai u-boats by myself.In my MOD,ai u-boats patrolling like reall,they start off from the base(different kind,different time with different base),patrol the ocean and get back.I even give them different emblems,general speaking,I try my best to make them like reall.
Some photos of my ai u-boats

Chinese U-47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-09, 05:58 AM   #68
Chinese U-47
Ensign

Ai sub in battle

DD is more danger now

French DD attack me

US ai sub
Old 01-11-09, 06:06 AM   #69
Lagger123987
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 323
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinese U-47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freiwillige

In China,there is another SH3 MOD team which is lead by Kys2000,and they also translated SH3 and GWX into Chinese,without them,most of Chinese SH3er and me won't touch this game.Right now they are translating SH4 V1.5 and will soon be OK.
As I knowing,they just make 1 SH3 MOD which called AJM,means Attack Japan MOD(in China,there are a lot of young men hate Japan,they want to fight with Japan in game,but in SH3 there is no JP navy at all).In this MOD,they took a lot of SH4 ships( such as American ships,Japanese ships)into SH3,and change DefSide.cfg so they can attack Japan as enemy.Of course,they change the base to Chian too.This MOD V2.0 have been introduced in subsim long long ago,but there is just 1 man replied.Kys2000 was very sad and hasn't been here any more.
Though some Chinese SH3er think this is foolish,but most of Chinese SH3er like it,even some of my friends.
Oh,by the way,I heard 1 man of his team also joined SH4 Really Environmental MOD team.In China,we called him Hornet,any one know him?
Except them there is just me.Long long ago when I play GWX1.0,that's the first MOD I've touch,God,I like it,it's much great than SH3 V1.4.But there is one thing I can't accept,I even could be sink by PTgun!I know GWX want to more reall,more dangerous,but I don't think I could be sink by PTgun is reall.Later GWX2.0 went out,I like its models,they are all very beautiful,but I meet the same question,in my 3rd patrol I meet a BR PT,I use 88mm deckgun shot it,and the PT just use PTgun,I think my Naval Artillery skill is not so bad,but the winer is PT,I was sink by PT again.
I'm so angry that I believe I must do my own MOD.I studied SH3 files,and get some tools from Kys2000(for this,I must thank him),and they I begin my work.
1 month later my first MOD,Wolf Ocean V1.0 published,it's June 2008 then.In my MOD,I used some ships from GWX2.0(I'm sorry that I havn't request GWX MOD team,yet then I even don't know what subsim is),and made some kinds of ai u-boats by myself.In my MOD,ai u-boats patrolling like reall,they start off from the base(different kind,different time with different base),patrol the ocean and get back.I even give them different emblems,general speaking,I try my best to make them like reall.
Some photos of my ai u-boats

I can't wait to download this, currently over at my friend's place for a party. Also, Chinese U-47, Hopefully or team of modders can help out ivank with his Suface Warfare Super Mod in SH4, I play both by the way.
Old 01-11-09, 06:36 AM   #70
Chinese U-47
Ensign

But Wolf Ocean MOD V1.0 has failed.As I get too many ai u-boats into career,no one's computer can run it well.And these u-boat's ai is very bad,they are so foolish that they could hardy do something good.
So I improved their ai,and reduce their number,well,V2.0 is out on July 2008.And it succeed,after V2.0 I made V2.1,V2.2,everything work well.
In summer vacation I planned to add Asia into MOD,as I think the battle of Pacific Ocean is also very important.So I downed some SH4toSH3 ship MOD in subsim,studied what these SH4 ships changed so they can run in SH3 as well as other SH3 ship.And I get the answer,then I turned most of SH4 warship to SH3.Oh,the aircraft too.
By the way,in this time I found SH4 is just half-finished,it's very clearly that a lot of SH4 units havn't been take seriously.Like this plane in the photo,its bomb point makes bomb upright.God,it cost a lot of my time to fix these.
Old 01-11-09, 06:54 AM   #71
Lagger123987
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 323
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinese U-47
But Wolf Ocean MOD V1.0 has failed.As I get too many ai u-boats into career,no one's computer can run it well.And these u-boat's ai is very bad,they are so foolish that they could hardy do something good.
So I improved their ai,and reduce their number,well,V2.0 is out on July 2008.And it succeed,after V2.0 I made V2.1,V2.2,everything work well.
In summer vacation I planned to add Asia into MOD,as I think the battle of Pacific Ocean is also very important.So I downed some SH4toSH3 ship MOD in subsim,studied what these SH4 ships changed so they can run in SH3 as well as other SH3 ship.And I get the answer,then I turned most of SH4 warship to SH3.Oh,the aircraft too.
By the way,in this time I found SH4 is just half-finished,it's very clearly that a lot of SH4 units havn't been take seriously.Like this plane in the photo,its bomb point makes bomb upright.God,it cost a lot of my time to fix these.
haha, bomb sticking on the plane the wrong way, that's what happen when a company rushed a game instead of taking time like what they did to SH3.
Old 01-11-09, 07:03 AM   #72
Chinese U-47
Ensign

I try to make famous battle recur to SH3er again,from Coral Sea Battle(I don't know if these words are right,I mean the first battle just between aircraft carriers),then Midway Islands Battle,Guadalcanal Islands Battle,such as that(it's a very hard work for me to get these English names),untill Yamato's last attack.
I know they won't be as reall as SH4,I just do my best.
Oh,I nearly forget,I made China too,as I'm a Chinese,I want to see my country lol
At September 2008,my Wolf Ocean MOD V3.0 went out.
Takao in Wolf Ocean MOD V3
Old 01-11-09, 07:05 AM   #73
Chinese U-47
Ensign

Chinese Air Force

CA Takan in my MOD

How do you think this lol
Old 01-11-09, 07:10 AM   #74
Chinese U-47
Ensign

Jap fleet in Coral Sea Battle

The same time

US TBD/TBM been shot down by Jap fleet in the same battle.
Old 01-11-09, 07:18 AM   #75
Chinese U-47
Ensign

US TBD/TBM attacked by Nishimura fleet in Leyte Gulf Battle.

God!So hard for me to get these English names......