SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-04-17, 02:08 PM   #1
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
wolf_howl15 Multiplayer game

Hi !

I've received a message from the Admin of the Operation Alberich forum, and it seems that a new multiplayer campaign is coming. I've played in this "flotilla" last year. It's less annoying than playing alone. Moreover, you can keep your personal mods activated !

Have a look here : http://op-alberich.forumactif.org/

UPDATE :

The result of the training mission is now available to everyone as a single mission enhanced with real players' radio messages !

See this post : http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...29#post2481829

Last edited by Kendras; 05-02-17 at 05:17 AM.
Old 04-06-17, 03:35 PM   #2
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
wolf_howl15

Ah ! We've got news ! It seems there will be a lot of resistance from the Allies this time, with a lot of air activity.

http://op-alberich.forumactif.org/t20-presentation

Have confirmation that new recruits are welcome !

Old 04-08-17, 08:36 AM   #3
junkman
Watch

Downloads: 156
Uploads: 0
Default Multiplayer game

I to just wanted to add to this that I just started SH3 about two years ago. Played alone for about one year, reviewed other MP type events, for me too much add on files and team speak etc. Found this SS site and a post to play MP but not on line.
Well let me tell you how this changed the game play for me! Some of the best missions and BDU messages, to add to my events.
I played in Beta last year with this great group, and learned a lot.
Junkman
junkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-17, 01:58 PM   #4
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

The number of u-boats on patrol in the Atlantic in May 1943 was around 60.

Imagine if we were 60 players for this new campaign ! That would be just awesome !!!

Old 04-08-17, 02:19 PM   #5
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

What is it good for?!?
Silent Hunter in multiplayer is totally ridiculous, if there is not a real human opponent via Destroyer Command.

You should be honestly glad that you never met my destroyer in SH2 vs DC online ... I would have killed you successively or even simultaneously simply.

KKpt. Bleiente
Old 04-08-17, 02:45 PM   #6
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleiente View Post
You should be honestly glad that you never met my destroyer in SH2 vs DC online ... I would have killed you successively or even simultaneously simply.
The problem is that we are not playing online !
Old 04-08-17, 03:17 PM   #7
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

It's actually my problem ... I hate UBI that they have not given us a successor to Destroyer Command.
I react almost arbitrarily - like an old, stupid hunting dog - on such topics, because I myself the MP part is missing.
And this is only possible with a Destroyer Command 2 ...

Sorry ... for my anger.
Old 04-09-17, 06:43 AM   #8
solonic
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Must admit I'm tempted, I have to work out whether I can free up the time. When is the next event due to start?
Old 04-09-17, 03:06 PM   #9
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by solonic View Post
Must admit I'm tempted, I have to work out whether I can free up the time.
Hi !

I don't think this kind of gameplay is time consuming. On the contrary ! Read part 3. ("About time simulation") of the introduction in the "Rules" topic. At the beginning, you may play it 10-15 minutes each day. If you decide to play only 2 days per week, you will play it maybe 15-30 minutes each time. The good thing is that you can play this multiplayer game litteraly when you want to.

Moreover, you don't have to create a specific installation (just a few mods that you can enable/disable with JSGME). So, you don't have to stop your current campaign for example. If you want to continue it, just disable the new mods. If you want to continue to play the multiplayer campaign, just re-enable the mods and launch your last save !

The only required thing is to read and post radio messages on the forum. That's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solonic View Post
When is the next event due to start?
I don't know. If you want to be kept updated, just register on the forum !
Old 04-12-17, 05:25 AM   #10
solonic
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Sold. What have I got to lose? Apart from more hours of my life and a watery grave?
Old 04-12-17, 05:54 AM   #11
lederhosen
Planesman

Downloads: 422

looks ok
Old 04-12-17, 11:15 AM   #12
Borgneface
Captain

Downloads: 657

Salute!
Welcome to all of you who decided to join! I also played with this group last yea and it was great ad a lot of fun! It is absolutely not time consuming and like "Kendras" wrote....no special installation....
So join us and lets hunt!

Amicalement
Old 04-12-17, 11:57 AM   #13
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Icon14

Welcome in our hunting group !

Old 04-12-17, 12:50 PM   #14
junkman
Watch

Downloads: 156
Default Multiplayer game

I can add it is not wise to play to many hours in a day, as you will get ahead of the game play. As this was my first try last year I learned to passe myself and follow the reports of BDU or other boat messages, I never tryed to get more than 8 hours ahead of my last message. For me about one hour or less every few days.
Welcome to the new folks, and I can say you will not be disappointed.
junkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-17, 01:01 PM   #15
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman View Post
I can add it is not wise to play to many hours in a day, as you will get ahead of the game play. As this was my first try last year I learned to passe myself and follow the reports of BDU or other boat messages, I never tryed to get more than 8 hours ahead of my last message.
Yes, there was no time restriction last year, and IIRC, another player could be 3 or 4 days ahead of you. But it seems that a new rule has been added :

"- The virtual time (VT) of the gameplay will have exactly the same speed as the real life time (RT). This is required for having the best coordination possible between players and with the BdU.

- This VT is composed of a date and an hour. The virtual date is of course not the same as the real one. But the hour will be the same as the RT hour. The reference RT hour will be the GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). So, when it is 14:00 (GMT) in real life, it is 14:00 in SH3. Warning ! In SH3, you have to take the GMT of the game into account, not the local time !!!

- So, that means that when 45 real hours have passed since the beginning of the campaign, you are not allowed to play at time compression (TC) higher than 1 when 45 virtual hours have passed in SH3.

- Ideally, every players should play one virtual day every real day.

- If you play too slow, a problem like this one may occur : if another player sinks HMS Revenge at RT=X and VT=Y, you won't be allowed to sink her again at RT=X + 5 hours for example, even if VT=Y - 2 hours. "