SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-08-08, 07:17 AM   #196
rugby5
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shegeek72
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugby5
Secondly, how do you make multiple installs of SH3 Cmdr? I think if I could cross that hurdle I could figure it out....again, thanks for the help.
I put a separate installation of SH3 Cmdr into each SH3 folder. For example: \WAC3.0\extras\SH3 Commander and \GreyWolves\extras\SH3 Commander. That way each install is devoted to just one game. I think you can put SH3 Cmdr into any folder as long as the short cut refers to the correct 'target' and 'start-in' locations.
--
Thanks for the response. I've tried to load SH3 commander directly into the game folder. I have multish3 loaded and its creating the appropriate folder. Again, sh3 commander is looking for the sh3 save folder that is created for save games, its not looking for the folder (GWX) that I told multish3 to create for me. I've tried the "l:" switch, that doesn't work, its still looking for the "SH3" folder. How do you get it to look for and find the folder that you had multish3 create for you? This happens on both kinds of installs, on multiple installs, no matter what I do. I'm stumped.
Old 07-08-08, 01:23 PM   #197
shegeek72
WAV

Downloads: 94
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugby5
Thanks for the response. I've tried to load SH3 commander directly into the game folder. I have multish3 loaded and its creating the appropriate folder. Again, sh3 commander is looking for the sh3 save folder that is created for save games, its not looking for the folder (GWX) that I told multish3 to create for me. I've tried the "l:" switch, that doesn't work, its still looking for the "SH3" folder. How do you get it to look for and find the folder that you had multish3 create for you? This happens on both kinds of installs, on multiple installs, no matter what I do. I'm stumped.
Right-click on the SH3Cmdr shortcut icon. Click on Properties and make sure the path in the Target field points to the correct SH3Cmdr.exe and the Start in field points to the correct folder where SH3Cmdr resides. HTH
--
shegeek72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-08, 02:04 PM   #198
The Munster
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Munster
Do you need a previous version of WAC installed before adding 3.0 ?
I have tried installing both the Megaupload files and Filefront files into Stock SH3 with 1.4 via JSGME and have had CTD's on both attempts .
Don't even get an intro screen ?!
The megauploads wouldn't work for me, filefront did it for me. Also do you get the load intro screen, the first time WAC loaded it took ages probably a good 15-20 min! An yeah i sat in front of that screen sipping coffee waiting for it to load it gets about 80% of the way and just sat there for another 10min before i finally got in. Funny though i never did a new install i just disabled all previous mods using JSMG and install WAC 3, no problems with SH3 Commander running.

First load intro was very long now its normal load times only the loading of save games still takes awhile.
Nope, didn't even get a load intro screen, this is how I installed WAC 3.0..
Downloaded the filefront files into one folder then 7-zipped the 001 file into another created folder. The created folder has WAC and resolution fix; I moused over the WAC folder and showed 2.2 GB = so far so good I thought.
Next, I moved both folders to Mods, d/clicked JSGME and transferred/activated them which took a long long time ! Then when I fired up the game I get the CTD.
Have obviously gone wrong somewhere ?!
PS .. Installed WAC into stock SH3 and 1.4 with no add-ons or Mods whatsoever. Hope somebody can help me with this.

GWX Team Member; Retired
GWX Home Page

The Munster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-08, 05:07 PM   #199
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 3

Quote:
[
The created folder has WAC and resolution fix; I moused over the WAC folder and showed 2.2 GB = so far so good I thought.
Hi!
definitely an extract problem! the extracted wac folder has to be 4,4 or 4,43 GB!

maybe it is somehow necessary to rename the archives, the files should be named:

WarAceCampaign 3.0_final.7z.001
WarAceCampaign 3.0_final.7z.002
WarAceCampaign 3.0_final.7z.003

Then only extract the first file (others will be automatically extracted)!

greetings and hope you get it
Old 07-08-08, 06:05 PM   #200
JC1959
Watch

Downloads: 1
Default extracting WAC 3.0 files

Hello,
Noticed the latest post of someone having problems extracting the WAC files,...and I`m still having the same too!
I noticed that Hansolo mentioned that renaming the files may have something to do with it, so I did a test with the first file and renamed it as he mentioned..
I should mention that the 3 WAC files that I downloaded were from the Filefront site, and the first file originally looked like this...`WarAceCampaign_3[1].0_final.z.001` and is 471,040 KB in size.

Note the brackets around the number 1 (after the 3 digit), and the solitary letter `z`, (instead of 7z).?

So I renamed this file as per Hansolo`s recommendation, and unzipped it with 7z...

I got a yellow folder containing a WINRAR archive file (471,040 KB) that, in turn, I cannot open. Even if I did nothing with this file, it is nowhere near the 4GB that Hansolo says it should be. when I do open or extract it I am getting error messages saying that the archive is in an unknown format or its damaged. (?) I am simply not getting anywhere at all, and this is after being told to get the files from Filefront because I was having problems with the ones from the Megaupload site!

Think I`ll go back to the NYGM mod. I`ll pass on WAC..

JC
JC1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-08, 08:06 PM   #201
Cheapskate
XO

Downloads: 47

I also had a false start and ended up with the Winrar archive.

Eventually I got it to work by right clicking Vol 001 and dragging this directly into a JSGME Mod folder aready set up in the install directory.

Next step was to unzip using the "Extract Here" option (not " Extract to Folder") from the 7Zip drop down menu.

All three files then extracted properly and after what seemed an eternity, loaded up and ran with JSGME.

Hope this may help somewhat.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-08, 03:51 AM   #202
Stuntman
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I've been away from SH3 for quite a while now, thought of reinstalling every mod and etc.

So, after a complete new SH3 install, I wonder if this is the right way to go to have both GWX, WAC and Vanilla: (If this way is wrong in any way, please let me know!)

Make two copies of the SH3 game, so I have three exact SH3 games.

Rename them GWX, WAC and leave the third untouched.

Install JSGME in each.

Install GWX in GWX.

Install WAC in WAC.

Leave the third as vanilla.

Put MultiSH3.exe in each root directory.

Start MultiSH3 and do the nedded work (I have not come this long, so now I am guessing!)

Install SH3Cmdr in three unique program folders: Vanilla, GWX and WAC. (do the switch as well)

Is it all ready to go then?

Hope this is not too confusing!
Old 07-09-08, 04:17 AM   #203
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSolo78
Quote:
[
The created folder has WAC and resolution fix; I moused over the WAC folder and showed 2.2 GB = so far so good I thought.
Hi!
definitely an extract problem! the extracted wac folder has to be 4,4 or 4,43 GB!

maybe it is somehow necessary to rename the archives, the files should be named:

WarAceCampaign 3.0_final.7z.001 460MB
WarAceCampaign 3.0_final.7z.002 460MB
WarAceCampaign 3.0_final.7z.003 436MB

Then only extract the first file (others will be automatically extracted)!

greetings and hope you get it
hi again!
the folder should have exactly 4,4gb or 4,43gb otherwise it won´t work anyhow! It surely won´t work if the files are incomplete.
and you also need 7.zip to extract the files -> get it here: www.7-zip.org

greetings
Old 07-09-08, 06:59 AM   #204
NGT
Lieutenant

Downloads: 289
Default Solution for CTD

Hello everybody

I had hat CTD from the day of release until yesterday.

Yesterday, I did 2 actions:

1. I gave the follow names to the files before extracting them:
WarAceCampaign_3.0_final.z.001
WarAceCampaign_3.0_final.z.002
WarAceCampaign_3.0_final.z.003

just like Topo65 suggest (see replay #147)

2. I used the NEW(?) 7ZIP, the version 4.57.

And it works. (download from Megaupload)

Additionally, I found a little error (thanks to my first patrol with VIIb):

Inside Basic.cfg, the loading torpedoes for VIIb: the line "ForeResExternXX=Y" is missing for all years, and for these reason I had hat a black fat line in the place of external torpedo.

Very nice edition the 3.0, thank you WAC team. You gave new life for SH3!

(sorry for the bad english)
NGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-08, 08:13 AM   #205
Stuntman
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Got it working! I havent played it yet, but I just got it started, and even the start is very impressive!

HanSolo78, I really liked the trailer, gave a very good first impression. And it really surpriesed me as well...

That starting music on the trailer.....I am amazed! Where did you get that from? Are you also playing Europa Barbarorum!?

That just stunned me: I have heard that music before! Its from another Mod from another game: Rome: Total War - Europa Barbarorum

I am sorry its kinda off-topic, but I'm an Europa Barbarorum freak, and that Hansolo also plays it (if he made the trailer) or at least have heard of its music...is fantastic!

I will try this great upgrade from WAC 2.5, will look forward to post my experience here!
Old 07-09-08, 11:25 AM   #206
The Munster
Ace of the Deep

Also now have it up and running
Extracted the first file and the WAC 3.0 full was 4.40 GB [also got the resolution fix folder but haven't bothered with that one] then done what Cheapskate did and dragged the folder into the Mods folder then double clicked JSGME [cogs] and moved it over to the right hand side to activate then success !
Love the footage, most of which I haven't seen before [Han Solo's choice of music to go with this is excellent ! ]
Only downside is my graphics card, an ATI, can't handle the load so will try upgrading the Drivers or failing that, win the lottery and upgrade the Computer.
Thanks for the information Cheapskate.

GWX Team Member; Retired
GWX Home Page

Old 07-09-08, 11:34 AM   #207
rugby5
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Finally got my SH3 Commander working with GWX. I would like to thank all those folks who posted messages to give me a hand. I had to take the backdoor to fix it, but, its up and running. Again, thanks so much.
Old 07-09-08, 11:55 AM   #208
The Munster
Ace of the Deep

Just out of curiousity, does anyone use or know if a Nvidia geforce 8400gt 256mb [1Gb RAM] would handle WAC 3.0 ? :hmm:

GWX Team Member; Retired
GWX Home Page

Old 07-09-08, 12:05 PM   #209
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

Quote:
Just out of curiousity, does anyone use or know if a Nvidia geforce 8400gt 256mb [1Gb RAM] would handle WAC 3.0 ? :hmm:
Maybe the light harbour traffic can be handled!? another user reported avarage performance with 7300gt and light traffic; you should try it!
Old 07-09-08, 04:19 PM   #210
Stuntman
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

The water, the skins, the traffic, the harbours...its a dream....thank you for this magnificent gift to SH3!

And now I am off on a vacation for three weeks! Just when I got it working!:p

When I get back I will post my feedback.

Just a minor thing I thought was funny.....I never had any problems with the voices ingame, but now its mixed ub between british and stock command voices:

I feel its a little annoying to hear a sudden change in voice, like when the helsman tells you about depth.

"Current depth 20 Meters"

At "meters" suddenly another voice pops in, its more funny than immersive.

I suggest to only have new voices in whole/full sentences, not parts of it.

Just a suggestion, I'm not complaining!

I'll be off now, I will look very forward to give you feedback when I'm back, if I'm allowed to help you! I will probbably give you more compliments than criticizm....the first impresssion is stunning!