SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-25-16, 03:37 AM   #3961
Hamppupalaa
Seaman

Downloads: 66
Uploads: 0
Default Help

c. Append the new messages to the en_menu.txt / de_menu.txt files of your Supplement Mod.

I'm confused After what line am i supposed to paste these?
Hamppupalaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-16, 10:51 AM   #3962
Hamppupalaa
Seaman

Default Works now

I figured it out, i just quite didn't understand where to paste the text. Probably has something do with english not being my main language
Old 06-26-16, 05:43 AM   #3963
Hamppupalaa
Seaman

Anyone else successfully using Ahnenerbe WideGUI and German U-Boat collection 2 with this? My game CTDs whenever i start the game.
Old 11-11-16, 04:56 AM   #3964
Dusty11
Nub

Downloads: 94
Default How exactly i can use the wolfpack mod from hardcore fixes.

Hi guys i tried today the h.sie hardcore fixes which is a glorious mod but soo far i can't enable properly the wolfpack i tried around 10 times in 2 restarts of the single mission all the time i am order to attack alone. i read in the instructions that people somehow merged the campaign with Sh3 editor i tried to modify it with text editor but are soo many things there that i am lost. So i want to try option 2 editing with the editor but i don't know exactly what to edit. Thank you very much Long Live Subsim.
Dusty11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-16, 06:06 AM   #3965
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@Dusty11:

1. Locate your file campaign_scr.mis (folder sh3\data\campaigns\campaign) and make a safe back-up copy somewhere.
2. Open campaign_scr.mis in Notepad, and use the Find option to locate [OrdnanceUnit 1].
3. Scroll up a little, and you will encounter the last waypoint of your last unit. It will be something like [Unit 1032.WayPoint8], depending on your set-up, followed by Speed=, Radius=, and so on on.
4. Make a single blank line between the very last entry of Unit 1032 (or whatever your number is), which will be probably Height=xyz, and entry [OrdnanceUnit 1].
5. Cut and paste all of H.sie's Wolf-pack entries into the blank line you have made (delete any empty lines that you created with the cut-and-paste operation). There should be 12 entries, each named Wolf1, Wolf2, ... , Wolf12.
6. Change the Unit numbers of each of the Wolf-pack entries to follow those from your last waypoint entry. In the example above, where we have Unit 1032, your 1st Wolf-pack unit would have [Unit 1033], the next Unit 1034, and so on up to the last (Unit 1044).
7. Save your revised campaign_scr.mis file. This is the file that you will use. (Best to add it to your set-up with JSGME if you have it.)

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-16, 01:48 PM   #3966
Dusty11
Nub

Downloads: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
@Dusty11:

1. Locate your file campaign_scr.mis (folder sh3\data\campaigns\campaign) and make a safe back-up copy somewhere.
2. Open campaign_scr.mis in Notepad, and use the Find option to locate [OrdnanceUnit 1].
3. Scroll up a little, and you will encounter the last waypoint of your last unit. It will be something like [Unit 1032.WayPoint8], depending on your set-up, followed by Speed=, Radius=, and so on on.
4. Make a single blank line between the very last entry of Unit 1032 (or whatever your number is), which will be probably Height=xyz, and entry [OrdnanceUnit 1].
5. Cut and paste all of H.sie's Wolf-pack entries into the blank line you have made (delete any empty lines that you created with the cut-and-paste operation). There should be 12 entries, each named Wolf1, Wolf2, ... , Wolf12.
6. Change the Unit numbers of each of the Wolf-pack entries to follow those from your last waypoint entry. In the example above, where we have Unit 1032, your 1st Wolf-pack unit would have [Unit 1033], the next Unit 1034, and so on up to the last (Unit 1044).
7. Save your revised campaign_scr.mis file. This is the file that you will use. (Best to add it to your set-up with JSGME if you have it.)

Stiebler.
thank you very much, dankeschön now i can enjoy this great mod fully!!
Dusty11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-17, 02:21 AM   #3967
shadow_wxh
Soundman

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 1
gear

I think the visual ability of enemy destroyer is a bit exaggerated,e.g. in a pitch back night my crew spotted a destroyers 3km away and almost instantly he spotted me as well and to late for me to dive.And other time I am following a convoy I have to keep at least 5km range but the convoy destroyer can always spot me so it is impossible to shadow the convoy.
shadow_wxh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-17, 03:13 PM   #3968
Olamagato
Torpedoman

Downloads: 72

Vanilla SH3 (stock), GWX or other supermod?
The anyone enter other visual conditions in game. This is not good thread for your problem.
Olamagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-17, 07:17 AM   #3969
shadow_wxh
Soundman

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 1

I am having SH3 1.4b + GWX3.0 + V16B1 +MaGUI

This is a good mod, The thing is I am tring to find a balanced point which is add to some difficulty but realistic.Right now the issue happens at night or foggy situation.Almost every time I will bump into one of those destroyers without any prewarning.So if the sub crew finds a hard time to spot enemy then it should be even harder for the enenmy to spot back right
shadow_wxh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-17, 06:50 PM   #3970
Ernst Sonntag
Watch

Downloads: 88
Default No crew fatigue

Hey guys,

I successfully downloaded and activated the patch and now my crew shows no fatigue on patrol. I checked and double checked everything on the patch to see if it interferes with any of my mods and as far as I can tell everything is compatible. I would like my crew to show fatigue as I believe it makes the game more realistic. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?
Ernst Sonntag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-17, 12:24 AM   #3971
Benzin1973
Engineer

Downloads: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow_wxh View Post
I am having SH3 1.4b + GWX3.0 + V16B1 +MaGUI

This is a good mod, The thing is I am tring to find a balanced point which is add to some difficulty but realistic.Right now the issue happens at night or foggy situation.Almost every time I will bump into one of those destroyers without any prewarning.So if the sub crew finds a hard time to spot enemy then it should be even harder for the enenmy to spot back right
This is the one thing ibe never agreed with / liked about GWX. According to GWXs sensors file, an enemy ship can see you 30,000 meters away, while your crew can only see them at 16,000

You can fix this in two ways:
1- use the silent3editor app to edit the ai_sensors.dat file and lower the enemy max visual range.
A value that produces more realistic results is to set enemy max visual range to 12,000. Or 75% of your own visual range (defined in sensors.dat).

or

2.- install the M.E.P. V6 enviroment mod and its included "visual sensors for gwx3", wich solves this problem.
If you go the MEP route, you might need to edit the file data/cfg/sim.cfg with notepad, and change light sensitivity to 2.0 instead of its value of 0.85. Otherwise night surface attacks are no longer possible.

cheers!
Benzin1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-17, 12:53 AM   #3972
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernst Sonntag View Post
Hey guys,

I successfully downloaded and activated the patch and now my crew shows no fatigue on patrol. I checked and double checked everything on the patch to see if it interferes with any of my mods and as far as I can tell everything is compatible. I would like my crew to show fatigue as I believe it makes the game more realistic. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?
Hi mate
maybe you using Sh3commander?
This patch Has nothing to do with "fatigue crew"
Old 04-24-17, 06:08 AM   #3973
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
Once again with the ATTITUDE, DUDE!
Not so much a biggie....but then a report was incoming.

Calm and mutual respect if I may be so bold.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-17, 09:27 PM   #3974
Ernst Sonntag
Watch

Downloads: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauangua View Post
Hi mate
maybe you using Sh3commander?
This patch Has nothing to do with "fatigue crew"

Hey Hauangua,
That's what has me so confused, the crew fatigue was working until I downloaded and enabled the patch. I see that it shouldn't affect my crew fatigue at all but right after I installed the patch, crew fatigue stopped working.
Ernst Sonntag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-17, 06:54 AM   #3975
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

I'd guess that there was some problem in creating the patched sh3.exe file. If the patches were not exactly correct, then anything in the entire program could be affected, not just the intended target of the patch. In that regard, it is different from a mod.

I suggest you remove the h.sie patched sh3.exe, reinstall the patches in a pristine sh3.exe (You DID save the original sh3.exe, as the instructions recommend, didn't you?), activate the patches according the h.sie's instructions, and try again. BlitzKreig was correct that h.sie's instructions are thorough and carefully written. But they must be followed exactly. Any small discrepancy can get you an unplayable game. So go back to your saved sh3.exe and try again.

If that doesn't work, your copy of the h.sie patcher may be corrupted. Try re-downloading the entire h.sie patcher.

If none of this works, I' recommend a complete uninstall. Remove all mods, uninstall SH3 using the Ubisoft uninstaller, delete any residual files, and run a registry cleaner. Then re-install SH3 and start over. Hopefully, that won't be necessary.

One thing I can assure you. The h.sie patch package does work and is used by many people successfully. The problem you encountered is somewhere in your system and is not a bug in h.sie's software. It will work for you.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote