Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 11-07-09, 04:47 PM   #196
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

lol, well, in the lolwaffles/gulag waffles landing comes somewhere around 3rd in line...
Old 11-08-09, 09:10 PM   #197
Valantine
Planesman

Downloads: 22

Well, if any of the lolwaffles are looking for a bit more of a dedicated 109 or 110 experience, Id like to invite you to drop by JG53 - I'm sure you know where to find us by now

I'd also like to add that I'd be happy to pass along all the missions I have from JG53, theres a huge range there although all would be flying 109s unless you done a tiny bit of editting by removing the AI line in formations of the .mis file ( a quick 2min job in notepad)

Equally I'd be more than happy to help you get a decent DCG campaign going - its how JG53 started flying so I got quite used to adding and editting squadrons, pilot skill etc.

We have flown over:
Normandy late 41/early 42 (not sure how many of these from 41 I have after my hard drive crash - equally all before Normandy has been lost)
Crimea - 07/42
Stalingrad - 09/42
Afrika (online map) - 01/43
(All before this point = clean 4.08, all after 4.09b1m Modded)
Afrika (New Mod Map) - 04/43
Sicily - 06/43
Smolensk - 08/43
Leningrad - 10/43

Equally I'd be happy to make the JG53 mod pack available to the subsimmers (currently on 1.2 with 1.3 a WIP that should be released this side of Christmas - 1.2 is based on AAA but is slimmed down and balanced, 1.3 is based on the HSFX styled packaging found in U1.8 with a whole range of new stuff)

Either way I wish the Lolwaffles well!
V

ARMA 3 Co-Op Battalion Recruiting Worldwide
http://www.iijg53.com
Valantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-09, 06:40 AM   #198
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

Thanks, sounds good. I'm sure we will discuss that offer.
The problem is that we all got a bit tired of the German planes (well at least those philistines that are crying for Hurricanes...). So I guess we will try something new now.

Last edited by Schroeder; 11-09-09 at 11:03 AM.
Schroeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-09, 07:28 AM   #199
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

I'm only crying for Hurris because Soviet aircraft scare me...well, aside from the cropduster, that thing rocks

But no, I like the 109 and 110, although I can't dogfight with the 110 for love nor money but it makes a lovely ground attack aircraft The 109 though, I know its behaviour, I know what I can do and what I can't do with it, which is I think why I struggle with some other aircraft like the 190, I don't know it so well and if I try to treat it like a 109 it bites my head off. Also, my dogfight behaviour tends to take place at low altitude (after spiralling down from high altitude) so I need something which is stable at that altitude and won't suddenly stall and snap roll me into a mountain. Having flown the 109 for ages, I'm comfortable with it and its behaviour, hence my defection during Fridays second mission (before Hunter was sniped) back to the Luftwaffe and the 109.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-09, 12:06 PM   #200
Valantine
Planesman

Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder View Post
Thanks, sounds good. I'm sure we will discuss that offer.
The problem is that we all got a bit tired of the German planes (well at least those philistines that are crying for Hurricanes...). So I guess we will try something new now.
I know that all the ones against Britain has Hurricanes on offer, If I remember correctly there were also some Hurricanes over the Crimea - but in general there is always quite a mix of aircraft in JG53 campaigns and all it would take is a quick go through of the missions to take out the AI 1 line for the units.

By the way, the ones since we moved to mods have pretty much all been handmaded rather than generated with DCG and then tweaked as before - so there is a bit more variation including special one off missions like delivering a captured aircraft to a certain airfield / protecting a general's transport etc.
V

ARMA 3 Co-Op Battalion Recruiting Worldwide
http://www.iijg53.com
Valantine is offline   Reply With Quote