Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 03-14-10, 06:11 PM   #1
liadou2001
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Steel Fury1942 running problem

I installed the game and then double clicked the icon on the desk top, it didn't enter into the game.

Anyone have seen this problem and any solution?

Thanks

Old 03-14-10, 09:07 PM   #2
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

well, if it's not starting at all...no screen flicker or anything?

right click on your "My computer" icon, and click on "manage"
under system tools, in the left side menu, find "event logs"
click on that and then select "application"
see if you are getting a hung application message, or some kind of fatal error within the game. (look for sf.exe or something of the sort)

if you find it, post it and maybe myself or one of the other tech gurus around here will be able to tell you what's not working right. I've had a lot of problems with SF initially so I will do what I can to help.

EDIT: A belated welcome to the forums!
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-10, 09:26 PM   #3
liadou2001
Swabbie

There was a screen flicker after double clicking the short cut.

I downloaded this game from the internet (BT download, Pirate copy?) Is it may be the problem?
liadou2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-10, 09:44 PM   #4
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

well, that would be your problem.
I have to administer a warning to you, as a moderator.
We here at SUBSIM have a policy about talking about pirated games, what you do at home isn't our beef, but we don't want people talking openly about it. Sorry, bud, it's forum rules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBSIM FAQ
SUBSIM Review has a longstanding policy against software piracy. We do NOT allow discussion or even mention of warez, abandonware, peer-to-peer game swapping, illegal download sites, or rip-off websites.
Now I'm just giving you a warning, any further mention will result in brig time or a permanent ban.

I know you meant your post in good intentions, but whether you meant good or not, rules are rules.

I would suggest footing out a couple bucks and buying a legal copy, it shouldn't be too expensive, I would say Direct 2 Drive would have the best deal on it and they are always helpful if you have any problems.
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-10, 12:08 AM   #5
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default starter application

Liadou2001, Sledgehammer's got it right if everybody gets into illegal downloads or pirated copies then pretty soon the game developpers and distributors are either going to stop altogether to make games or distribute them because they'll either be bankrupt or simply no longer interested in investing money just to have it sucked out by freeloaders!

I mean had people started making illegal copies of MichelAngelo and other great artist of their days back then I think a lot of the great wonders of art would simply not have existed as the creators would have stopped producing.I can understand that when an old game is no longer being sold commercially or is no longer available for purchase that an internet download might be the only solution.But when a game is still commercially on the market and being sold at a very reasonable price( you can get SF for less than 10 euros or $ 15)I don't think there's any excuse.End of lecture!

One suggestion; open the game folder.You will see a starter application. Click on it( either plain clikc or a right click) to see if it your shortcut that may not be working rather than your game install.It happened once to me that the shortcut did not work properly but the game did.

Luck
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-10, 10:56 AM   #6
liadou2001
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Liadou2001, Sledgehammer's got it right if everybody gets into illegal downloads or pirated copies then pretty soon the game developpers and distributors are either going to stop altogether to make games or distribute them because they'll either be bankrupt or simply no longer interested in investing money just to have it sucked out by freeloaders!

I mean had people started making illegal copies of MichelAngelo and other great artist of their days back then I think a lot of the great wonders of art would simply not have existed as the creators would have stopped producing.I can understand that when an old game is no longer being sold commercially or is no longer available for purchase that an internet download might be the only solution.But when a game is still commercially on the market and being sold at a very reasonable price( you can get SF for less than 10 euros or $ 15)I don't think there's any excuse.End of lecture!

One suggestion; open the game folder.You will see a starter application. Click on it( either plain clikc or a right click) to see if it your shortcut that may not be working rather than your game install.It happened once to me that the shortcut did not work properly but the game did.

Luck

oh? do you know any website or stores i can get SF less than 10 euros or $15 ? i want to buy...
liadou2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-10, 12:32 PM   #7
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Amazon/eBay

Iadou2001 try Amazon or EBay.I read somewhere that somebody got the game for 8 euros in Europe.I paid $ 20 for my copy from EBay but that was a while ago.In The UK I heard that you get very good deals.Since Lighthouse, the distributor, has gone bankrupt you should be able to get it really cheap.

Did you try the starter in your game folder?Try a simple click and if it does not work try the right click as the Administrator.

Cheers
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote