Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 02-27-10, 02:49 PM   #1
Panzerknacker
Swabbie

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default T34 vs. Tiger Hill 500 Sound Problem

Sorry, never mind LOL

Last edited by Panzerknacker; 02-27-10 at 03:30 PM.

Old 02-27-10, 07:06 PM   #2
hodi
Watch

Downloads: 0

Tell us - what's your problem?
hodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-10, 07:11 PM   #3
Panzerknacker
Swabbie

Oh it wasn't actually a bug like I thought- for some reason the game simply switched the audio settings to no sound after I finished one mission and started the next; the music setting remained normal, but the sound went off. After the trouble I had getting the thing to start and reading about so many troubles here, I thought it was a real bug- until I thought of the simple solution that turned out to be it. I guess it is a real bug that turned the sound off, but it's simple enough to just reset it. But I'd already started the thread and couldn't delete it
Panzerknacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-10, 04:31 AM   #4
Chucky
Planesman

Downloads: 90

Actually,I have had that happen too.Not sure why,but it seems to stay at full volume once re-set.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-10, 01:38 AM   #5
Panzerknacker
Swabbie

Oh sure, resetting it works fine- it's just one more really annoying thing about this buggy game, which is all the more frustrating because it could be so great if it just worked properly. It's ridiculous that it ever made it to shelves- it's half done and half what it should be. Luckily, ZeeWolf here is taking it upon himself to do a lot of repair work (that he should never have to do if the game designers did their jobs in the first place) and making new missions (which it should have a whole lot more of).

Hey, does anyone know if there's a way to get the Tiger re-started and driving if the driver is killed? The useless manual says that "if one of the crew members was fatally wounded, the player has to always assume this position manually and cannot enable AI control to (sic.) for that particular slot.", which should mean you can take over yourself, but the MFD just keeps an 'x' in the position, and I can't get a 'p' there to actually do anything- so I can't get the engine restarted or move; it's damned frustrating after getting 3/4 the way through a ridiculously tough mission and just get stuck...
Old 03-01-10, 04:53 AM   #6
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Default replacing a dead driver

That buggy game was created primarily for multi players so they did not polish it and I suspect because of the release of Steel Fury more or less at the same time they wanted to rush it to the market.The SP missions were merely for players to train and familiarise themselves with the tanks and the game controls.That being said I was not aware that you could actually replace the dead driver.I agree with you it's truly annoying to be stuck with either destroyed tracks or a killed driver( mercifully in this game there are no killed gunners, loaders or commanders as in Steel Fury or even a damaged gun which is even worse).

However by replacing the driver it means you have to give up one of the other positions and this means you'll be handicapped.
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-10, 01:13 AM   #7
Panzerknacker
Swabbie

Does anyone else have the problem of the AI positions just turning off randomly and, worse, the driving just being ridiculously impossible to control? I usually set myself as the gunner and the driver and commander as AI, but sometimes suddenly the 'P' goes to the commander, or the driver switches off AI. No idea why. And there are other times where I have the AI driver on and I try to get him to back up or maneuver and the stupid 'parking brake' just comes on after a jerk of movement, the stupid engine RPMs go up and down and basically I get shot to hell instead of moving out of the way as I order- it's unbelievably frustrating...
Old 03-09-10, 02:38 AM   #8
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerknacker View Post
Does anyone else have the problem of the AI positions just turning off randomly and, worse, the driving just being ridiculously impossible to control? I usually set myself as the gunner and the driver and commander as AI, but sometimes suddenly the 'P' goes to the commander, or the driver switches off AI. No idea why. And there are other times where I have the AI driver on and I try to get him to back up or maneuver and the stupid 'parking brake' just comes on after a jerk of movement, the stupid engine RPMs go up and down and basically I get shot to hell instead of moving out of the way as I order- it's unbelievably frustrating...
Hi Panzerknacher,
I believe this is an issue with the t34. As far as anything like you describe.
I believe morttheslayer has the same issue. I would like to be able to
tell you a better solution then the one I currently have but I have not
had the time to track down this issue yet, but I will after Kursk is going strong.
So, for the time being stay in the commander position and only use your
auto driver when there is no threat.
Start your tank with auto driver because this will set your RPMs for
you when you when you switch back to manual drive.
A tip that should be written in stone is:
Never drive looking through your gunners scope. That is to limited in view and speed to scan
for the ambush. Then never leave your gun in auto until you are ready to
immediately take over the gunners position with a sure shoot.

Best regards,

ZeeWolf
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote