Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 12-20-09, 06:35 PM   #1
rowdied
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
T34 vs Tiger game crashing

Hello,

I thought I'd ask this question here since no other forum exists for this game. I just got the game from NWS online and encounter this problem continually. It only crashes when I'm looking through a scope (doesn't matter which one) and get hit from an incomming shell. It does the whole locking, freezing and blue screen of death with the error code stating i have memory problems which i dont. Is this a known problem with the game and is there a possible fix?
This game did suffer from memory leakage did it not? I was reading the old lighthouse forums and panzer sim forums before they went down and seem to recall something about this, but can't find any solutions.
My system is by no means old or archaic and is uptodate with drivers etc... and i can play arma2 with smooth frame rates on all high settings and this game is a bitch to run properly.
Here are my specs

Q9550 @ 2.83 or 3.6 doesn't matter
giga ep45-ud3r mb
Win xp 32
4 gb g-skill pc2-8000 5-5-5-15
140gb 10,000rpm raptor wd defragged
amd/ati radeon 4870x2 2gb card with cat 9.10

Thanks.

Old 12-20-09, 08:55 PM   #2
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdied View Post
Hello,

I thought I'd ask this question here since no other forum exists for this game. I just got the game from NWS online and encounter this problem continually. It only crashes when I'm looking through a scope (doesn't matter which one) and get hit from an incomming shell. It does the whole locking, freezing and blue screen of death with the error code stating i have memory problems which i dont. Is this a known problem with the game and is there a possible fix?
This game did suffer from memory leakage did it not? I was reading the old lighthouse forums and panzer sim forums before they went down and seem to recall something about this, but can't find any solutions.
My system is by no means old or archaic and is uptodate with drivers etc... and i can play arma2 with smooth frame rates on all high settings and this game is a bitch to run properly.
Here are my specs

Q9550 @ 2.83 or 3.6 doesn't matter
giga ep45-ud3r mb
Win xp 32
4 gb g-skill pc2-8000 5-5-5-15
140gb 10,000rpm raptor wd defragged
amd/ati radeon 4870x2 2gb card with cat 9.10

Thanks.
Place these files in the games directory

http://www.filefront.com/15181093/Msvcr_Files.zip

That might help

ZeeWolf

ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-09, 09:12 PM   #3
rowdied
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeWolf View Post
Place these files in the games directory

http://www.filefront.com/15181093/Msvcr_Files.zip

That might help

ZeeWolf
Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply. I should have mentioned i've already done this.

It only happens when im looking through the gunners scope or when im looking through binocs or slit in the commanders cuppola. If i'm in 3rd person view, i dont crash when my tank gets hit. It drives me nuts! I know the game has problems but after every hit like this i have to restart my computer. Makes it hard to complete missions unless i let the computer shoot and hit while i'm in 3rd person. It also did this with my old evga geforce gtx 260 card. I'm starting to think it has to do with intel c2duos.
rowdied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-09, 09:30 PM   #4
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply. I should have mentioned i've already done this.

It only happens when im looking through the gunners scope or when im looking through binocs or slit in the commanders cuppola. If i'm in 3rd person view, i dont crash when my tank gets hit. It drives me nuts! I know the game has problems but after every hit like this i have to restart my computer. Makes it hard to complete missions unless i let the computer shoot and hit while i'm in 3rd person. It also did this with my old evga geforce gtx 260 card. I'm starting to think it has to do with intel c2duos.

Are you overclocking?

Old 12-20-09, 11:04 PM   #5
rowdied
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeWolf View Post
Are you overclocking?
Not with my videocard, but it doesn't matter because it crashes with or without o.c. for processor.
The blue screen error points to memory and/or new component added.
stop error: 0x000000000007f
This is the only game or app where i experience any problems.
Did this game not experience memory leakage causing crashing?
This only happens when looking through a scope or binocs or a slit viewsight buttoned up in the tank. Tried different settings invince or not high or low and even windowed and same blue screen.
Makes it hard to play.
Old 12-20-09, 11:25 PM   #6
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Not with my videocard, but it doesn't matter because it crashes with or without o.c. for processor.
The blue screen error points to memory and/or new component added.
stop error: 0x000000000007f
This is the only game or app where i experience any problems.
Did this game not experience memory leakage causing crashing?
This only happens when looking through a scope or binocs or a slit viewsight buttoned up in the tank. Tried different settings invince or not high or low and even windowed and same blue screen.
Makes it hard to play.
Just a guess but the views you have problems with are the views that use an alfa DDS file (32bit 8A8R8G8B )that is unique to those views only. My be your videocard, or ist's settings when it comes to overlay. Just guessing though.

ZeeWolf

Old 12-21-09, 01:15 AM   #7
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

I thought that error code looked awfully familiar.
(http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/arch.../t-147585.html)
This was from way back when I tried to play Steel Fury and it would BSOD on me at random times. It turns out that my processor didn't have the proper instructions (it says that it requires SSE instructions to run properly in the manual) not the mismatched memory I thought it was in that post.

But rowdied, I assure you it's not your processor, I run a c2duo on my machine and it has no problems at all.
I'm no computer tech but I hope I helped you figure this out in some way.
Have you tried reinstalling it? You never know if something may have been corrupted in your install.
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-09, 05:08 AM   #8
Mikhayl
Captain

Downloads: 64

You can try the unofficial patch: http://rapidshare.com/files/236418207/patchTvsT_v_1.zip

Also, just out of curiosity, can you check the date of your TvsT.exe? Mine is August 1 2008. I don't remember where but I've read that there are 2 different versions of the game on the market and one (older) has problems, not sure if it's true or what.
Mikhayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-09, 11:49 AM   #9
hodi
Watch

long time ago i read something about a sound bug in the Lighthouse Forum

maybe you need to update your sound-drivers or
eventually you need to switch off sound hardware acceleration

This is how to do (translated by google)

Typing Start-> Run-> dxdiag

On the Sound tab, the current sound settings are displayed, and you can test DirectSound.

The slider for setting the sound hardware acceleration is used to correct audio glitches that might be caused by some audio drivers. The best way to troubleshoot DirectSound audio problems is to reduce the acceleration by one notch and re-testing the application. Lowering the Hardware Sound Acceleration Level from the default "full acceleration" may lead to non-functioning of advanced audio processing techniques such as 3D spatialization.
hodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-09, 12:20 AM   #10
rowdied
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodi View Post
long time ago i read something about a sound bug in the Lighthouse Forum

maybe you need to update your sound-drivers or
eventually you need to switch off sound hardware acceleration

This is how to do (translated by google)

Typing Start-> Run-> dxdiag

On the Sound tab, the current sound settings are displayed, and you can test DirectSound.

The slider for setting the sound hardware acceleration is used to correct audio glitches that might be caused by some audio drivers. The best way to troubleshoot DirectSound audio problems is to reduce the acceleration by one notch and re-testing the application. Lowering the Hardware Sound Acceleration Level from the default "full acceleration" may lead to non-functioning of advanced audio processing techniques such as 3D spatialization.
Hello and thanks for the hints.

I installed this on my other system Q6600 o'c to 3.2 with 4 gb ram the gtx260 vid card and have no crashes. It must be related to my mem or motherboard. funny, this is the only game that crashes my sytem.
Thanks for all the help, i'm goina play it on the other one instead.
Old 12-30-09, 03:47 PM   #11
DM53
Bilge Rat

Default Windows 7

Does anybody know why the game is crashing on a Windows 7 (64) system? Is there any patch or something else that can fix that?
I think the game was running on a Vista (64) but I`m not sure...
DM53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-12, 12:17 AM   #12
BMN_Avenger
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default help me tvt crash

hello. i try to run tvt in window 7. when loading mission suddenly crash. is there any fix?
Old 01-08-12, 05:37 AM   #13
frinik
Grey Wolf

2 things come to mind:Open your game main folder and check if you have the following 4 dll files:

msvci70
msvcp71
msvcr70
msvcr71

You absolutely need them to start the game:

The other thing is that if you have Win 7 with Direct X11 you may be missing some important dll files that come with DirectX9C which is what TvsT needs to work properly:Re-install DirectX 9c the June 2010 version:

I have TvsT installed on Vistq 32 bits; Win 7 32 and 64 bits and it works well:But I did re-install DirectX9c:
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote