SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-24-08, 05:42 PM   #781
Lord_FLB
Seaman

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 0

Ahoi Mikhayl,

first test Mission in Flottenbasis (4 S-Boats): Riding against a Minelayer Convoy near Helgoland... Frighters, Elcos, Armed Trawlers and 2 Corvettes.

Only one S-Boat has survived... The Mod is working well... the possible Bug with the spare Torpedos on deck - I've sent you an email for that, with screen!

The new sounds are phantastic... wow - still yet I'm hearing the belling sound of my flak guns...

By the way - I like the damage textures of the S-Boat - have a look:

Lord_FLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-08, 06:27 PM   #782
Jib01
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
This may have been answered in another post, if so just point me to it.

We basically have two separate games here and they should be totally separate.
Is that correct ?

Schnellboote and SH3 both with GWX 2.0 upgrades.

Is it suggested that we create two games ?

This probably relates more to campaigns rather than missions or patrols eh ?

This is a fantastic mod and we all appreciate the time and effort you have put into this Mikhayl and your helpers. Well done....

Regards
Jib01
Old 03-24-08, 06:57 PM   #783
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Helpers?

:rotfl:
Now I feel like an Elf!
Old 03-24-08, 07:17 PM   #784
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhayl
LOL, I can well see you working in Santa Lehmann's factory up North, doing some extras for Easters and stuff
Heck Man!
He's down in Texas somewhere!

I'm up North in the snow and sleet.

What's wrong with this picture?
:hmm:
:rotfl:
Old 03-24-08, 08:06 PM   #785
spike12
Gunner

Downloads: 113

encountered an anson aircraft on my first patrol,but for some odd reason;only the middle flackgun fired on him(all flackguns were manned BTW).And i'm running GWX 2.0 with the 16 km. atmosphere enabled.Any thoughts?
spike12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-08, 11:03 PM   #786
Letum
Navy Seal

Downloads: 43

no, thats a stock bug. You can fix it by going to each AA position in turn and then returing to the bridge. One at a time.
Old 03-25-08, 02:03 AM   #787
A6Intruder
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 22

It might be a side effect of the longer repair times (but it would be a bit odd), if so I will fix it for the next release :hmm:
And welcome on subsim [/quote]

Does this mean you have longer repair times included into your S-Boat-Mod?
If so , I think this is not really a good idea, because "our" S-Boat does not have any armor. Every machine gun (not heavy guns!) makes swiss cheese out of our proud vessel.
Until the armor level is much increased, it is suicide to increase the repair times.
This words a results of heavy and bloody lessons , i have learned during my last journeys.
Kind regards
A6Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-08, 02:54 AM   #788
schuhart
Watch

Downloads: 104

A6Intruder,

I think reloading should be done far way from any threats.
Also I have read that Schnellboote often only carried 2 torpedoes on mission, because the spare torpedoes on deck apparently messed up the boats performance too much.
So you may have to make the most of two eels

And thanks to Mikhayl for this mod. I am having a great time with this and I think it has great potential

- Michael
schuhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-08, 05:19 AM   #789
A6Intruder
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhayl
Thanks Schuhart, & Letum, didn't know this was a stock issue (again :p )

@Intruder : if you didn't notice that the repair times are longer until now then I guess it's not that bad eh ? (they were the same in beta 0.2)

I was not sure about that. I blamed it on my untrained crew. I point it out again. Please increase armorlevel. On every return, if i return, my S-Boar is a wreck only from turret-fire of aircrafts, and i am not talking about Hurricanes or Mosquitos etc.
Kind regards

PS: Why having the damagelevel of a Type 2A on an S-Boat? Alternative: Let S-Boats submerge, and not only one time.:rotfl:

Last edited by A6Intruder; 03-25-08 at 10:05 AM.
A6Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-08, 07:30 AM   #790
linerkiller
Captain

Downloads: 36

Tried the new 0.9 stuff this morning....the new model ROCKS!
Maybe it's only an impression, but 0.9+GWX loading times seems slightly reduced ...
Congratulations

"When we realized that our clubbing and kickings were being administered by the burned, mutilated survivors of our handiwork, we found we could take it with less prejudice." Captain Richard "Dick" O'Kane-USS Tang
http://www.youtube.com/user/willembrock
linerkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-08, 10:52 AM   #791
_Seth_
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 93

Cool stuff, Mikhayl!!!! Kudos for this!! Considering the weak spots on the ships & uboats in GWX 2.0 (Got sunk by an Avenger plane yesterday, his bombs missed, but he killed me with...his rear machinegun I'll guess the germans made their VIIC uboats from tin foil...), i'll imagine the havoc this excellent model could create! Im looking forward to completion, when you have all the remaining issues sorted out, mate! *But i will download this version too, matey!* Good luck, and well done, Kaleun!

_Seth_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-08, 11:07 AM   #792
Graf Paper
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 2

Mikhayl, I'll give this a try with the new damage model once I've finished my current u-boat patrol provided I can figure out the steps I need to remove some mods to add the S-boot.

You have done a fantastic job on this mod, Mikhayl! People like you, OLC, Thomsen, and AvH are continuing to impress and amaze me. Maybe the day will come when you have time to document your work for others to learn how to do such things.

Maybe the troubles people are having with the current damage model have more to do with their expecting a fast, light attack craft to be more durable than a u-boat.

These things were little more than PT boats, AFAIK. Armor was either negligible or not even fitted. These boats relied on speed and their small size to avoid enemy attacks. It may have had armor to offer some protection against light armaments, like machine guns, but there is no way it could survive for long against anything as heavy as a deck gun.

It's supposed to be a sim, not an arcade shooter, folks!

One of these days I need to make a seperate install for just playing the S-boot but my hard drive is a mess.

I'm missing out on too much fun!
Old 03-25-08, 12:30 PM   #793
johnm
Navy Dude

Downloads: 68

Mikhayl,

Tried the new .9 beta. Excellent. Love the opening torpedo tube doors. Spend some time on my first mission just opening and shutting them.

The boat looks better as well, especially now the railings go all the way and the ensign position seems more natural.

Damage model; Even running from all the DDs, I still get knocked about by aircraft so I'll download and try your new damage model.

Very impressive mod. I have it running in NYGM as it seems to force IIA boats in ALL flotillas and this leaves GW2 as original.
johnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-08, 12:39 PM   #794
Graf Paper
Ace of the Deep

I just had a sudden thought...

Since there was only about six IIA u-boats that served as frontboots, making it very unlikely a kaleun would even command one of these, why not add the S-boot as a standard optional mod in GWX?

It might be that the changes you made would require too much overhaul to make it 100% compatible with the GWX damage modeling and effects, Mikhayl, but it sure would be an eye-popping adddition!
Old 03-25-08, 01:51 PM   #795
Graf Paper
Ace of the Deep

"SH3 Modding and Particle Effects for Dummies" would be a most welcome addition to my library! It would probably wind up as worn and dog-eared from use as my old "MS-DOS 6.22 Reference Manual"!

I understand your concerns about incorporating S-boot into GWX as a standard option. I just wish it were practical because S-boot is as dazzling and revolutionary as GWX, in its own way. Ah well, dare to dream.

With some of the mods I have installed, including OLC Environment merged with GWX Enhanced Damage Effects, it would be more practical to have S-Boot with a seperate, clean GWX installation. Having to enable/disable so many mods every time I played as a u-boat kaleun or s-boot kommandant would inevitably lead to screw-ups. I'm just not a multi-tasker.

The damage model is obviously still a WIP, but not for the reasons cited by some S-Boot players.

The construction of the S-Boot ought to be a big clue to anyone that these things aren't Panzers with boat motors.

Plywood is not a good material for stopping bullets and shells!

You've already established yourself as the father of surface warfare in SH3, Mikhayl. I can hardly wait to see what you'll add to the fleet next!