SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-18-12, 08:46 PM   #1066
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carthaginian View Post
How many guys are actually working on this directly?
Buying the beer for ya'll when it's done could get expensive.
At the moment..... 1.

Well, that is not true, Admiral von Gerlach has been helping with a lot of research about movement, and other facts and keeping my spirits up. I apologize for this not being done.

But as far as the campaign is conserned, right now it is me, and I don't drink beer so your bar tab will be quite small.

Don't expect a super MOD either, I started knowing NOTHING, and I don't know much more than that now. But I haven't given up yet.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-12, 03:05 PM   #1067
Carthaginian
Loader

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody View Post
At the moment..... 1.

Well, that is not true, Admiral von Gerlach has been helping with a lot of research about movement, and other facts and keeping my spirits up. I apologize for this not being done.

But as far as the campaign is conserned, right now it is me, and I don't drink beer so your bar tab will be quite small.

Don't expect a super MOD either, I started knowing NOTHING, and I don't know much more than that now. But I haven't given up yet.

Peabody
First off- cola may be exchanged for beer at a 2:1 ratio.

Second- the chance to look inside the subs of the IJN will be enough.
I did a line drawing of a Japanese Army cargo sub for Shipbucket, so I understand how completely the sources for these historic vessels have vanished. You will have an easier time finding a box of grid squares or chemlight batteries.

Anything will be an improvement over nothing.
Carthaginian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-12, 10:35 AM   #1068
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
First off- cola may be exchanged for beer at a 2:1 ratio.

Second- the chance to look inside the subs of the IJN will be enough.
I did a line drawing of a Japanese Army cargo sub for Shipbucket, so I understand how completely the sources for these historic vessels have vanished. You will have an easier time finding a box of grid squares or chemlight batteries.

Anything will be an improvement over nothing.
Actually the subs were already released by Keltos01. And the interiors are almost stock with only a bit of Japanese writing on some of the dials.

I am only working on the campaign.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-12, 12:51 AM   #1069
SubTroll
Watch

Downloads: 26

I just downloaded this mod last night and I must say that this looks awesome! A few things I wanted to point out if anyone hasn't noticed them yet:

1. Some of my boats started off at base equipped with Type 95 torpedoes either in the tubes or reserves. Even though the info box says it is the standard torpedo in use, I can't find it on the list of torpedoes you can select/buy!
2. Some of my boats have also started off in 1943 loaded with Kaitens! I thought they weren't issued until late '44 or early '45?
3. Sen Toku (I-400) has a floating deck gun, no deck view, and I can only use one AA gun mount. Aren't there supposed to be several AA mounts?

Obviously there are some bugs but surely nothing that can't be worked out easily. Still, great mod and I'm having a blast!
SubTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-12, 01:44 AM   #1070
Carthaginian
Loader

Where is the mod buried at?
I can't find it in the thread!
Old 05-26-12, 11:21 AM   #1071
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Where is the mod buried at?
I can't find it in the thread!
The mod is not finished if you are talking about the Japanese campaign. If you are referring to the post above yours concerning Japanese subs, then the link below will help. The download link is at the bottom of post #1.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...ghlight=keltos
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-12, 05:21 AM   #1072
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody View Post
At the moment..... 1.

Peabody
thank God !

I haven't actually been that much around sorry about that, but rl is kindo straightening herself out so it'll get better, and I will be more around, and help with the campaign.

keltos

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-12, 12:22 PM   #1073
keltos01
Silent Hunter

just found this :

Old 05-27-12, 12:47 PM   #1074
Carthaginian
Loader

Please, honor us with a review!
I have "Otoko-tachi no Yamato"- which I enjoy in spite of it's flaws- but I have the feeling that the Japanese subtitled it in Chinese, and then the Chinese subtitled it in English based on their subtitles rather than the original Japanese.
If this movie is as good, then it will definitely be worth getting.
Old 06-15-12, 06:58 PM   #1075
rubenandthejets
中国水兵

Downloads: 20

On deck a little more often these days and glad to see you're still hard at work. Ganbarre!

"It'll be finished when it's finished" is all I need to know.

Hang in there! Thanks for everything you've all done so far.
Old 08-25-12, 01:43 AM   #1076
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Hi all I hope all is well around here, I had kind of a burnout with SH4, but am still in our project

regards

keltos

Old 09-04-12, 12:28 AM   #1077
Zoltar23
Watch

Downloads: 95

Any new developments with this mod?
Zoltar23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-12, 12:18 PM   #1078
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358

That is great to hear Keltos, more hands make lighter work..and your boats are very nice indeed. Peabody is a stout fellow with many life demands as many of us have so patience makes for good shipmates re this great mod project. We are all hoping for an eventual launch.

That looks to be an interesting movie Keltos, the Japanese are finally starting to honour their own history after decades of silence and i am glad to see that films can be made as well. Their efforts in the war were honourable and immense and the cost to their nation beyond counting, their hopes were for a chance at a larger world were not to be at that time, but in some ways they have been vindicated and it might have been a very differnt world if they instead of the Chinese were leading the East at this time....history has a way of revealing the truth somewhat later than events. I do not discount the American effort in the war for many of my own family paid a high price there too but i question the way history has been written, esp the causes of the naval war and the way it was all carreid out..so this mod will indeed be quite interesting to see.
Old 09-13-12, 01:08 AM   #1079
keltos01
Silent Hunter

I haven't had any news from Peabody recently ... and since subsim is my only means of contact, if he doesn't come here I can't reach him

keltos

Old 09-16-12, 10:12 PM   #1080
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1783
Default You.ve got to be kidding me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Von Gerlach View Post
That is great to hear Keltos, more hands make lighter work..and your boats are very nice indeed. Peabody is a stout fellow with many life demands as many of us have so patience makes for good shipmates re this great mod project. We are all hoping for an eventual launch.

That looks to be an interesting movie Keltos, the Japanese are finally starting to honour their own history after decades of silence and i am glad to see that films can be made as well. Their efforts in the war were honourable and immense and the cost to their nation beyond counting, their hopes were for a chance at a larger world were not to be at that time, but in some ways they have been vindicated and it might have been a very differnt world if they instead of the Chinese were leading the East at this time....history has a way of revealing the truth somewhat later than events. I do not discount the American effort in the war for many of my own family paid a high price there too but i question the way history has been written, esp the causes of the naval war and the way it was all carreid out..so this mod will indeed be quite interesting to see.
Honorable huh. Tell that to the million or so Chinese they murdered. Or the Koreans that they subjugated. Or maybe the 100,000 or so Allied POW's they murdered through starvation, disease and mistreatment. My Grandfather served on the USS Grenadier and happened to spend 2 and a half years as a guest of the Emperor. He would choke if he heard you say that there intentions were " HONORABLE ". He was also there in Shanghai when the Honorable Jap Army rolled in and he watched them Behead or shoot several hundred Chinese civilians. You really need to read up a bit there old boy before you start throwing around terms like Honorable.
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote