SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-07, 09:42 AM   #151
KLCARROLL
Mate

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default Yes!!

Yes, a V1.3 patch is an absolute necessity!
Old 05-16-07, 09:42 AM   #152
pcelt
Gunner

Downloads: 17
Default 1.3

I totally agree with all Neal's items----and would underline in particular the first issue related to credible Convoy behaviour when under attack---this activity lies at the very core of the game and believable Japanese tactics here are essential to any real immersiveness in the game.
Old 05-16-07, 09:43 AM   #153
pcelt
Gunner

Downloads: 17
Default 1.3

I totally agree with all Neal's items----and would underline in particular the first issue related to credible Convoy behaviour when under attack---this activity lies at the very core of the game and believable Japanese tactics here are essential to any real immersiveness in the game.
Old 05-16-07, 09:45 AM   #154
crash924
Swabbie

Downloads: 24
I agree that the devs need to finish patching what promises to be a great game...it took me over 4 hours of hard work to earn the money to buy this game, and I expected a finished product. If I were to do my job the same as UBI has done this game, I would be out of work very quickly and unable to purchase any other UBI products, which reduces UBI profits...if this happens with hundreds or thousands of customers, UBI ceases to exist...UBI please take a hint...
Charli
crash924@aol.com
Old 05-16-07, 09:47 AM   #155
bruschi sauro
Frogman

Downloads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkbph
SH4 is a seriously broken game. Without the mods, it would be all but unplayable as intended.

UBI either needs to STEP UP and fix it, or STEP AWAY and release the development tools (SDK?) to the community.

JD
you are right
Old 05-16-07, 09:52 AM   #156
Yanaran
Watch

Downloads: 0

I agree with Neal's post and would also like to add my personal no1 issue that not a single ship in the game zig-zags, something pretty much every ship did during the war to avoid torpedoes.

We know it can be done since all convoys and taskforces do it *after* they come under attack (or rather constant helming), so just turn some switch to make them do it always.
Old 05-16-07, 09:53 AM   #157
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Well, I have SHIV but uninstalled it! Untill it's had a few issues (hard coded problems) fixed with a decent patch I wont be reinstalling it!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is online  
Old 05-16-07, 09:54 AM   #158
U-Bones
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 56

Actually I expect patch 1.4 also, because I do not believe that the devs will be able to do the game justice in one patch.

I reserve the right to be wrong, and will happily retract that statement if I am proven wrong when 1.3 is released.

I am starting to see this thread as an assist from subsim in managed expectations. Last week we get a peep from Germany that the devs have returned from a rest and will be announcing patch plans. This week we get this sudden almost panicked petition to please do another patch. My take on this is that this is all pre announcement damage control and that 1.4 will never see the light of day.

So yes, please, give us another patch, but make it quality.

You only get off the hook for a fouth patch if you fix it in three. Manage that expectation.
Old 05-16-07, 09:56 AM   #159
akdavis
Samurai Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Bones
Actually I expect patch 1.4 also, because I do not believe that the devs will be able to do the game justice in one patch.

I reserve the right to be wrong, and will happily retract that statement if I am proven wrong when 1.3 is released.

I am starting to see this thread as an assist from subsim in managed expectations. Last week we get a peep from Germany that the devs have returned from a rest and will be announcing patch plans. This week we get this sudden almost panicked petition to please do another patch. My take on this is that this is all pre announcement damage control and that 1.4 will never see the light of day.

So yes, please, give us another patch, but make it quality.

You only get off the hook for a fouth patch if you fix it in three. Manage that expectation.
You are right. There are just too many problems, and the complexity of some is likely to introduce new bugs with a fix. The complete silence is a very bad sign.
Old 05-16-07, 10:02 AM   #160
jerryt
Loader

Downloads: 23

Signed I'm having fun with it using mods, but yeah, lets get it finished.
Old 05-16-07, 10:08 AM   #161
Fritz Wagner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

The reviews to date have nailed the problems.

If the Ubisoft people can't be bothered, then perhaps once the
revenue stream has dried up, which won't be long as things
stand now, open the code as a gpl for us to finish the job.

Cordially,

Fritz Wagner

Old 05-16-07, 10:08 AM   #162
digitizedsoul
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 33
Uploads: 1

I agree with Neal, Beery, CCIP & TDK.

Everyone else, well you kinda have the same idea as them, only you add a certain degree of "whininess" to your statements that make me agree with them instead

Must have another patch. I too have played every silent hunter (including II) BLEH and this stuff has to be fixed.

UBI, if you don't want to fix it, RELEASE AN SDK SO WE CAN!
Old 05-16-07, 10:09 AM   #163
rdhiggins
Mate

/signed
Old 05-16-07, 10:09 AM   #164
jtm55
Watch

Downloads: 8

Hi All

I can only echo Neal's sentiments. Silent Hunter 4 needs another patch. Please Listen to Us UBI Soft.
Old 05-16-07, 10:10 AM   #165
Julius Caesar
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Closed Thread