Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 05-31-10, 10:11 AM   #1216
KdF
Loader

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I wish there was a way to make a video of that mission, as to show ya what I do. After I found out on the last stock mission to let the first colum pass by, I actually finish that one also, so many tricks to this game, and without each others suggestions, no wonder this game had a hard time catching on with others. Daunting unless you know what to do, and when.
Old 05-31-10, 05:33 PM   #1217
Dung_Beetle
Seaman

Downloads: 2

frinik, I didn't mean to imply that you were all modders, but I did mean that you are driving around in luxury tanks, and I want one.

I did mean to say, and did, I think, that more fans might bring more help...

Maybe he could offer a sweat-equity deal for people like me; who are unemployed.
Maybe, I could do some mundane task to pay-off my ZW_Project.

This is probably giving ZW a head-ache.

DB
Dung_Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-10, 10:25 PM   #1218
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default membership fees

DB, I understand how you feel Man.I was unemployed for almost 18 months and I remember how tough it was not being able to afford things I wanted and seeing others being able to afford them.Without my parents to help me it would have been even tougher.I remember those days and treasure them as a reminder just in case I take things I have for granted. Yes truly this is a luxury when you're out of work.I sincerely hope you can find gainful employment soon.

As for those who work and complain about the price I say how much does it cost you to fill your car tank?In the States probably close to $ 60 depending on the vehicle you drive.In Western Europe even more close to double.Just to drive around and then once the fuel has been used soemtimes after barely 2 weeks you have to pay another similar amount!!!! With ZeeWolf's mod for that price you get a game that remains with you for months or years to enjoy.Or go to the cinema these days and how much you pay for a film, parking fees, popcorn and soft drink for just 2 hours of entertainment.When it comes to money it's a matter of priorities.

Re ZeeWolf's fees I cannot speak for him.he is the master of his ship and those decisions are for him alone to make. AS I said PM him he always answers people frankly and he is a very nice and friendly guy!

Best of luck!
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-10, 11:38 PM   #1219
Dung_Beetle
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
DB, I understand how you feel Man.I was unemployed for almost 18 months and I remember how tough it was not being able to afford things I wanted and seeing others being able to afford them.Without my parents to help me it would have been even tougher.I remember those days and treasure them as a reminder just in case I take things I have for granted. Yes truly this is a luxury when you're out of work.I sincerely hope you can find gainful employment soon.

As for those who work and complain about the price I say how much does it cost you to fill your car tank?In the States probably close to $ 60 depending on the vehicle you drive.In Western Europe even more close to double.Just to drive around and then once the fuel has been used soemtimes after barely 2 weeks you have to pay another similar amount!!!! With ZeeWolf's mod for that price you get a game that remains with you for months or years to enjoy.Or go to the cinema these days and how much you pay for a film, parking fees, popcorn and soft drink for just 2 hours of entertainment.When it comes to money it's a matter of priorities.

Re ZeeWolf's fees I cannot speak for him.he is the master of his ship and those decisions are for him alone to make. AS I said PM him he always answers people frankly and he is a very nice and friendly guy!

Best of luck!
I totally agree with you, but I am making a purely economic argument. Not an argument of the merits of his work.

If you lower the price; then demand will increase. There are some examples on this page: http://www.investopedia.com/universi...economics3.asp

This is not in anyway a criticism of ZW_Project. I honestly think he could do better for himself; if he lowered the price. Not to mention, I could buy it sooner; if it was priced lower.
Old 06-01-10, 12:25 AM   #1220
Priscalan
Loader

hello everybody,
I'm back after a few days of renovation and a move for my daughter ... what's new or as G. Clooney: What else?
Priscalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-10, 01:12 AM   #1221
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1
Default New Trees

Well Kamerads,
I am delighted to tell you that adding and tweaking trees and bushes is now
fully possible. This includes the wind effects and shadow as well as new tree
textures. So if you have any images of tree types that should be in an area
of operation please let me see them. Or any SpeedTree CAD files that you want in the game let me check them out. The adding of SpeedTree files
needs to be build from existing T34vsTiger trees but the parameters and
textures can be easily adopted.

Vorwärts Kameraden!

ZW
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-10, 01:54 AM   #1222
Priscalan
Loader

Default well done

Well done Zeewolf,
I would love to help but all I need to understand the editor. Could you give me a leaflet. some elements are not implemented in, and the study of the editor in a language that is not mine is very long ...
Priscalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-10, 04:45 AM   #1223
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Tree 34 or Tiger Woods????

Zee I didn't know you had found a new outlet for your talents? Landscaping?How about opening your own nursery????

So it's Tree 34 versus Tiger again....

I think it would be nice to have a variety of trees.It seems that the trees are exclusively pine trees and evergreens in the game. As Operation Bagration, on which TvsT is based, took place mostly in Belarus( then Bielorussia) and Northern Ukraine I think trees species native to those areas like birches, maples, ash trees,willows, poplars, oaks etc would be nice to add a bit of variety to the landscapes.
Old 06-02-10, 12:40 AM   #1224
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Zee I didn't know you had found a new outlet for your talents? Landscaping?How about opening your own nursery????

So it's Tree 34 versus Tiger again....

I think it would be nice to have a variety of trees.It seems that the trees are exclusively pine trees and evergreens in the game. As Operation Bagration, on which TvsT is based, took place mostly in Belarus( then Bielorussia) and Northern Ukraine I think trees species native to those areas like birches, maples, ash trees,willows, poplars, oaks etc would be nice to add a bit of variety to the landscapes.
I like that frinik,
Of course the tree issue is no small enhancement for future plans in two
important categories, one is new battlefield locations and two is seasonal
change. This is one area I really was counting on opening up. The extent
however goes beyond anything I had hoped for, truly an amazing level
of scope and artistic quality now can be archived. A very good thing
And thanks Priscalan, cridit goes to you for the inspiration.

Cheers!

ZW
Old 06-02-10, 12:01 PM   #1225
Dung_Beetle
Seaman

Default Success on Hill 500

Success on Hill 500

OK, here is how I did it:

1. I put my Tiger in VIII gear, and at close to 40 mph; I take my tiger up the NW valley. I drive through the 3 oncoming T34's with my barrel pointed in the 6 o'clock position. As soon as I pass them I stop, and kill them at point-blank range.

2. I proceed up the hill, and Blast the Su85's.

3. I take out the next wave of 3 T34's coming out of the NW valley.

4. I drove over the hill with the smoked SU85's, and come out behind the
2 T34's in the N valley.

5. I creep up on the 2 T34's sitting on the road where the column was heading. Needless to say the column was collateral damage.

And yes I have way too much time on my hands

DB
Old 06-02-10, 12:36 PM   #1226
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dung_Beetle View Post
Success on Hill 500

OK, here is how I did it:

1. I put my Tiger in VIII gear, and at close to 40 mph; I take my tiger up the NW valley. I drive through the 3 oncoming T34's with my barrel pointed in the 6 o'clock position. As soon as I pass them I stop, and kill them at point-blank range.

2. I proceed up the hill, and Blast the Su85's.

3. I take out the next wave of 3 T34's coming out of the NW valley.

4. I drove over the hill with the smoked SU85's, and come out behind the
2 T34's in the N valley.

5. I creep up on the 2 T34's sitting on the road where the column was heading. Needless to say the column was collateral damage.

And yes I have way too much time on my hands

DB
Wow! It's - Dung "John Wayne" Beetle

Onwards!
ZeeWolf
Old 06-02-10, 10:12 PM   #1227
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default HIll 500 before and after.

Sure DB it's easy for you to do with 3 graphic cards working in sync those T34 have no time to shoot or catch up with you...

We on the other hand with lesser specs have to plough the fields to get there.

I guess you were driving automatic otherwise you would have burnt your engine....

It's good to have time on your hands later when you get a job you'll be missing those precious free moments.Enjoy them while they last!
Old 06-03-10, 12:04 PM   #1228
Dung_Beetle
Seaman

Quote:
Sure DB it's easy for you to do with 3 graphic cards working in sync those T34 have no time to shoot or catch up with you...

We on the other hand with lesser specs have to plough the fields to get there.

I guess you were driving automatic otherwise you would have burnt your engine....

It's good to have time on your hands later when you get a job you'll be missing those precious free moments.Enjoy them while they last!

I swaggered out there quickly, and shut off the engine, before switching to the gunner position. I didn't know there was an automatic in the Tiger.

It's a poor carpenter who blames his tools, frinik.
Old 06-03-10, 10:24 PM   #1229
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Driving automatic

Yes DB check your menu and your press a key( I can't remember which one since I have set up my game to drive automatic).Then you start the engine, just switch gears and then you simply steer your tank while staying in external view(F6).Whatever sim I play I like to drive in automatic and look at the landscape while peering for enemy tanks...

Cheers
Old 06-06-10, 09:02 AM   #1230
jaggy
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Binocular Range Estimation

Hi, Zeewolf

Is it possible to implement a range estimation feature where your tank commander in outside binocular view can right-click on a target and it displays a range to the target. In reality the tank commander inform the gunner of the range, so if this feature is possible to implement, it would increase the realism even more, and help save expending ammo ranging for the target. Just a suggestion. Thanks in advance.