SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-17-10, 05:37 PM   #1231
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548
Uploads: 0

Yes, I know, sorry if I was unclear, I mean of course it works equally well on Linux-

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwasjer View Post
I don't quite follow you... S3D is a windows-app.
when I'm doing some projects sometimes

Marie Curie

Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-10, 08:28 PM   #1232
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Fooling with UStorpedo.sim to change the dates on the pistols to be more historically accurate.Duds will persist until September 1943 as in RL.Now in the pistol that becomes active that day for Mark 14 I want no duds but plenty of prematures if set to magnetic.I set the premature chance HIGH but it has the the setting "magnetic=false" so does this mean the magnetic detonator does not work at all, even if turned on in game or that its just not the default? I want it so magnetic is never reliable as was in RL but does work in game if selected after September 1943, want this because Fremantle boats did not disable them until January 1944.I plan to release a mod

So if leave magnetic set to false, itll leave default pistol to contact but if magnetic is selected it works and will be unreliable as set via S3D correct?
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-10, 03:21 AM   #1233
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

Afaik, if you set magnetic=false, the magnetic pistol setting is 'disabled', so you can only use the impact pistol...

As far as tuning reliability of torpedoes, I am definately 'not' the man to ask
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-10, 04:04 AM   #1234
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

Quote:
Afaik, if you set magnetic=false, the magnetic pistol setting is 'disabled', so you can only use the impact pistol...

As far as tuning reliability of torpedoes, I am definately 'not' the man to ask
Glad to hear from you Skwasjer !! so you haven't deserted us ! you just do your God's job : watch from above !

regards

keltos

@Bubblehead : ask Elanaiba directly, maybe he can help.

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-10, 05:17 AM   #1235
skwasjer
The Old Man

I am not really active no... I don't have much interest left and am much too busy with other projects. I visit every now and then to reply to PM's and posts, but that's about it, so yes, I watch from above
Old 11-16-10, 05:23 AM   #1236
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Fooling with UStorpedo.sim to change the dates on the pistols to be more historically accurate.Duds will persist until September 1943 as in RL.Now in the pistol that becomes active that day for Mark 14 I want no duds but plenty of prematures if set to magnetic.I set the premature chance HIGH but it has the the setting "magnetic=false" so does this mean the magnetic detonator does not work at all, even if turned on in game or that its just not the default? I want it so magnetic is never reliable as was in RL but does work in game if selected after September 1943, want this because Fremantle boats did not disable them until January 1944.I plan to release a mod

So if leave magnetic set to false, itll leave default pistol to contact but if magnetic is selected it works and will be unreliable as set via S3D correct?
If I'm understanding your questions correctly:

1. 'Magnetic=False' means the magnetic detonator will be permanently disabled in game for the time period specified in the file.

2. You can add a new set of dates with the Add Array item command. I did this with RFB, so that I could disable the magnetic detonator before September 1943 but keep the awful contact detonator settings up to the end of September 1943.

I've worked with these files a lot, so let me know if you have any more questions.

ROW Sound Effects Contributor
RFB Team Leader
LukeFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-10, 03:51 PM   #1237
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeFF View Post
If I'm understanding your questions correctly:

1. 'Magnetic=False' means the magnetic detonator will be permanently disabled in game for the time period specified in the file.

2. You can add a new set of dates with the Add Array item command. I did this with RFB, so that I could disable the magnetic detonator before September 1943 but keep the awful contact detonator settings up to the end of September 1943.

I've worked with these files a lot, so let me know if you have any more questions.
Thanks Luke, I figured that is how it worked.I actually did the "add array" thing so could keep the awful contact pistol until September 43 but lose the magnetic in June 43 in TMO RSRD. What day in September did you set it to, if you remember?

Does RSRD change torpedo files or just left to mods like RFB and TMO? I didnt see any US torpedo files in RSRD so assume it does not.
Old 11-16-10, 05:00 PM   #1238
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Thanks Luke, I figured that is how it worked.I actually did the "add array" thing so could keep the awful contact pistol until September 43 but lose the magnetic in June 43 in TMO RSRD. What day in September did you set it to, if you remember?
I set the 'expiration' date for the awful contact pistol for 29 September 1943, as the first boat to head out on patrol with the fixed contact pistol did so on 30 September 1943 (Barb, from Pearl Harbor, sailed with 20 torpedoes fitted with the fixed contact detonator).

Quote:
Does RSRD change torpedo files or just left to mods like RFB and TMO? I didnt see any US torpedo files in RSRD so assume it does not.
RSRD doesn't touch anything with the torpedo parameters.

RFB Team Leader
Old 11-16-10, 07:54 PM   #1239
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
I set the 'expiration' date for the awful contact pistol for 29 September 1943, as the first boat to head out on patrol with the fixed contact pistol did so on 30 September 1943 (Barb, from Pearl Harbor, sailed with 20 torpedoes fitted with the fixed contact detonator).

RSRD doesn't touch anything with the torpedo parameters.

Thanks for the info.

So just to clarify, if the pistol is set as magnetic=false, the mag detonator does not work in the game correct? Even if player switches it on in game? Always thought mag detonator worked when you switched it on.
Old 11-16-10, 09:30 PM   #1240
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Thanks for the info.

So just to clarify, if the pistol is set as magnetic=false, the mag detonator does not work in the game correct? Even if player switches it on in game? Always thought mag detonator worked when you switched it on.
Correct. The magnetic detonator will not work, even if the player switches it to that setting.

RFB Team Leader
Old 11-16-10, 09:44 PM   #1241
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Correct. The magnetic detonator will not work, even if the player switches it to that setting.

Cool. What files usually deal with the dive alarms? I would like to change the crash dive alarm to the standard dive alarm(crash dive alarm is annoying, prefer the standard as it was in stock for both regular and crash dive) this is for TMO but usually in same paths so.
Old 11-29-10, 09:22 AM   #1242
ZigmundFreund
Watch

Downloads: 28
Request for a sticky for S3D greens

Quote:
Originally Posted by grim9892 View Post
I download that program and i whant to make a u-boat and i dont know what to do next. I have look on the interenet about the program and found no instucion on how to yous the program. Can anybody tell me how do i yous the programa or give me a website that i can go to figuir it out and i have bin on the main website and look? So can anybody help me ?
There is some explanations here: http://s3d.skwas.com/docs.aspx but I admit it is scarse and this thread is scary ginormous to say the least.

So far I just did some modification on .dds files and previewing the result in the game with nothing else than DDS converter and Gimp. I'm ready for the next level but what a jump to take.

As far as I understand S3D is a specialized application to work in between SH4 and 3D modelers. 3D modelers I can search for that but...

Could it be possible to refer some links, info on where to find disembiguation for the very basics? for example; Defining what the different chunks do and their hierarchy.

We just need enough info so we can stop endless research, start destroying things and eventually be able to help you in serious modding.

Maybe a new [TEC] sticky or something?

For virgins like us it's getting hard to get the startup info to get involved.

I know I should've been there four years ago but I wasn't. Now I have the kick and time to do it and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. Something tells me a lot of modders would love to have some help for the repetitive tasks...

- Some help finding big battles using RSRDC: Combined Fleet and Pacific War Animated
ZigmundFreund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-10, 06:02 PM   #1243
skwasjer
The Old Man

I don't really have time to explain basics, perhaps someone else can, but this thread is interesting for sure for newcomers:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=154550
Old 11-30-10, 05:11 AM   #1244
ZigmundFreund
Watch

Downloads: 28

Quote:
I don't really have time to explain basics, perhaps someone else can, but this thread is interesting for sure for newcomers:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=154550
Very interesting indeed, thanks! I didn't find this thread so you've already made my day or should I say my week. I totally understand you have other things to do and I think it's obvious you've done more than enough already. Maybe if I bribe you for it...?? ... come on Skwasjer PM me your price hehe...

Hopefully someone else here will work on some explanations. the only thing I can do right now is to comment on the (TUT) thread after going through it so maybe someone can complete what is left blank there.

Think about it guys, you need more brains/hands to get your super mods out? You need some over-enthousiastic wannabes like me. Below is what I found in this thread about starting to write this bible. I'm posting it again as a refresh for the suscribed:

Quote:
Yes, a tutorial of all the types of chunks is a very good one as it will help understanding the fundamentals, and I think many modders would love such a document. I'll be happy to provide any input needed from my end.

How about a controller table, where each controller is briefly explained? Not so much each and every property, but just a quick reference guide.

I want to also do some walkthroughs of the UI, but I think this is best done as a video tut, like I've done in the past. Seeing certain actions and tricks done in a video says more than a written tutorial, and it tends to stay longer in memory.

And along the line, some more advanced tuts, like working with keyframe animations (specifically quats is a black box to 99% around here I guess), mesh anims, etc.(...)
Quote:
The next S3D has a built-in quat calculator (I've been using it cpl of months ago extensively on the fan blade mod ...), however, it is still wise to discuss rotation animations in a tutorial, because things like 181 degrees animation must be defined in 3 keyframes as opposed to 2 keyframes, or how do you rotate 360 degrees, or other tricks like I used in my fanblade mod.(...)

- Some help finding big battles using RSRDC: Combined Fleet and Pacific War Animated
ZigmundFreund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-11, 02:39 PM   #1245
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Is there a D/L mirror anywhere? I can't get skaws site to load.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote