SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Classic Subsims
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-17-19, 08:21 AM   #166
Janus
XO

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

I only have Harpoon 3.6.3 installed. After you highlighted the discrepancy in scenario names, I browsed the battleset list again and noticed a set 'Original Tutorial' is also available. When running this with the PlayersDB, no crash happens when adding the aircraft.

Is the 'Tutorial' or 'Original Tutorial' set the correct one to use with the PlayersDB?

Anyway I was able to continue the tutorial with PlayersDB disabled and I spent a couple of minutes in each anyway so it is not a real problem.

On the other hand, could this crash be an inidcation that I'm using an incorrect instance of the PlayersDB?
Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-19, 07:12 PM   #167
Herman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 269
Uploads: 1046

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
I only have Harpoon 3.6.3 installed. After you highlighted the discrepancy in scenario names, I browsed the battleset list again and noticed a set 'Original Tutorial' is also available. When running this with the PlayersDB, no crash happens when adding the aircraft.

Is the 'Tutorial' or 'Original Tutorial' set the correct one to use with the PlayersDB?

Anyway I was able to continue the tutorial with PlayersDB disabled and I spent a couple of minutes in each anyway so it is not a real problem.

On the other hand, could this crash be an inidcation that I'm using an incorrect instance of the PlayersDB?
The sub-folder 'Original Tutorial' contains all the original tutorial scenarios written for the official (buggy) Harpoon3 game. When we were given permission to re-write the tutorial scenarios for compatibility with the PlayersDB, I did not think it 'right/proper' to over-write the original scenarios. Thus, I put all original tutorial scenarios into the sub-folder named, "Original Tutorial" and the revised PlayersDB tutorial scenarios were put into the sub-folder named, "Tutorials".

If you load the tutorials from the "Load Battleset" function (which lists all the tutorials available), then it immediately draws the PlayersDB scenario from the correct folder. However, I suspect that you used the "Load File" function and went directly into the "Original Tutorial" sub-folder and grabbed the specific file that was written with the official (buggy) database. This would cause a scenario-database mis-match error. It still should not have crashed, but I can understand how this could have occurred. Regardless, as long as you managed to get it to work and am happy with the results, that is all that matters.

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-19, 02:11 PM   #168
Herman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 269
Uploads: 1046

A new video for Liberation of Antilles has been added to the YouTube Harpoon for Dummies channel to help Harpoon players navigate the complexities of the game and to deliver the best possible playing experience.

You can watch

Harpoon3.6.3 users can get the
Complete PlayersDB Harpoon 3.6.3 Library

Harpoon ANW users can get the
Complete PlayersDB Harpoon ANW Library

Harpoon HUE users can get the
Complete PlayersDB Harpoon HUE Library

"Harpoon for Dummies" channel * FAQ * Facebook * HarPlonkHQ

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
Herman is offline   Reply With Quote