Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 04-18-09, 05:35 PM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default SBP screenshots updated

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...t=97188&page=2

I have "reactivated" the long-running screenshot thread for SBP that we once had. The new upgrade that brings SBP to v2.460 has seen major skin upgrades to three tanks, not to mention the switch to dds-model-standard in general.

I have no doubt that the community will come up with new stuff for the dds-models in no time. First new skins are already out.

The Pizarro, the CV-9035DK and the Leopardo-2E have been equipped with stunning 3D interior in detail. I shoot some pics of these in the coming days, too.

After having had some intial irritatiosn with some things in the upgrade, I must say that it turns out more and more as a very comprehensive, huge winner. The new sound suite is awfully good in parts, and so many finetuning of details that it would need a book to list them all. Hard to imagine why any SBP owner would not want to enlist to this new standard.

Old 04-18-09, 06:03 PM   #2
Lieste
Soundman

Downloads: 0

The dds format is merely an alternative texture format to the original bmp... if there is only a bmp format texture in the mods folder it will use that instead (at the expense of slightly slower loading times).

The new models are higher poly, and have more dirt/weathering allowed on the default skins, but the change in texture format has little to do with the improved looks.
Lieste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-09, 06:09 PM   #3
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I stand corrected. But it should be mentioned that the developer indicated the old bmp-skins may not fit with the new models, and that there might be distortions visible in some parts where the skin does not match the model any longer.
Old 04-18-09, 07:20 PM   #4
Lieste
Soundman

Downloads: 0

The original (previous version bmp or dds format) skins may not fit the updated models as they are released (the Leo2A4/BMD2/M1A1, and any future updates). However, if I use the new template to build a new skin for the M1A1(HA) from 2.460, and save it as a .bmp file, it will still work correctly in game (so long as a .dds file with the same name isn't present in the mods folder).

All the files in the program directory have been converted to .dds format for space and loading time reasons. The models format and the UV mapping for most vehicles is unchanged.
Lieste is offline   Reply With Quote