Closed Thread

Old 02-16-19, 06:28 AM   #9166
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post

@Steed thanks for signing me up Can i meet the Dear Leader Farage personally then? Close up and personal, soda speak.
When they send you a email ask can you meet him for a Bun fight.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 02-16-19, 06:52 AM   #9167
STEED
Lucky Jack

Looks like the Establishment is doing a grand job in protecting themselves from the Brexit mess and the rest of us our going too pay for it...Time for a revolution?

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 02-16-19, 07:24 AM   #9168
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
@Reece i have heard so often that the Euro and the EU will fail and the sky falling down, in the last years.. didn't happen. Maybe it will. In the moment it looks as if it will not.

Scottish view of brexit as a "sinking ship":

"Marieke is mostly angry about how Brexit was a waste of money and especially how the vote was based on no real evidence: no-one really knew what they voted for. ‘The Leave party campaigned illegally. They spent way more money on their campaign than they were allowed to and they made up statistics right left and center. They openly blamed both immigrants and Brussels, when all the things they were complaining about were things the UK government was in control of,’ [...]"

http://www.21bis.be/scottish-opinion...-sinking-ship/
"Marieke had no doubts wanting to vote ‘yes’ for Scottish independence."

Says it all for me....another sore loser post independence result.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Old 02-16-19, 07:35 AM   #9169
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Two shows I never miss on a Thursday evening are Question Time followed straight after by This Week.

Sadly only Question time will remain after July.

Quote:
BBC's This Week to end as host Andrew Neil steps downhttps://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47251264

Jimbuna is online  
Old 02-16-19, 07:05 PM   #9170
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
target 2 has more consequences for Germany than for England/UK.
I know all too well. I wanted to remind of that there is much more serious money stuff than just the direct payments to or from the EU to EU members. The EU budget is about arrogance and hybris. The Euro is about destroying a money system and the national economies on a whole continet - and punishing the ordinary people a first, a second, a third time for that capital (I mean major) crime committed by the "elites".

The EU in the end is about simple redistribution of wealth nowadays. See my current sig.
Old 02-17-19, 06:52 AM   #9171
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Theresa May has urged Conservative MPs to put aside "personal preferences" and support a Brexit deal in the Commons.

In a letter to all 317 Tory members of Parliament, the prime minister said "history will judge us all" over the handling of Brexit.https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47268417
I doubt this will make any difference at all

Jimbuna is online  
Old 02-17-19, 07:08 AM   #9172
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I doubt this will make any difference at all
Dear Conservative MP's

If you choose to stab me in the back I will bring down this party and the country so you better vote for me got that you little thugs, I'm the boss and I will bring the whole country down and put Labour into power.

PM May

Old 02-17-19, 07:42 AM   #9173
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Jimbuna is online  
Old 02-18-19, 06:24 AM   #9174
STEED
Lucky Jack

AT LAST THEY STOOD UP...

WELL DONE.

Quote:
Seven Labour MPs resign from party to form independent group
https://news.sky.com/story/live-labo...itics-11640901

Take that Mad Dog Jezzer!

Old 02-18-19, 07:25 AM   #9175
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Seven MPs have resigned from the Labour Party in protest at Jeremy Corbyn's approach to Brexit and anti-Semitism.

They are: Chuka Umunna, Luciana Berger, Chris Leslie, Angela Smith, Mike Gapes, Gavin Shuker and Ann Coffey.

Mr Corbyn said he was "disappointed" the MPs had felt unable to continue working for the policies that "inspired millions" at the 2017 election.

The MPs are not launching a new political party - they will sit in Parliament as the Independent Group.

But Chuka Umunna said they had "taken the first step" and urged other Labour MPs - and members of other parties - to join them in "building a new politics".

"Politics is broken, it doesn't have to be this way. Let's change it," he said at a launch event in central London.

He said there would be "no merger" with the Liberal Democrats and the group wanted to "build a new alternative".https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47278902
Well I wish them well because 'Politics' is most definitely broken atm and it wouldn't surprise me if more MP's from other parties start jumping ship.

Jimbuna is online  
Old 02-18-19, 07:38 AM   #9176
STEED
Lucky Jack

Mad Dog Jezzer and his marxist army will view this as the start of the great purge/push to rid Labour of the centre-left. One thing is for sure he will keep a low profile at PMQ's this week....Maybe.

Old 02-18-19, 07:43 AM   #9177
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Only one thing is beginning to look certain and that is Labours inability to become the next government.

Jimbuna is online  
Old 02-18-19, 08:37 AM   #9178
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

And now we have one of our EU so-called partners starting to rattle their sabres over UK territory, namely Gibraltar.

Quote:
A Spanish warship has ordered commercial vessels to leave British waters, Gibraltar’s government said.

The warship’s crew can be heard in an audio recording of a radio exchange on Sunday telling vessels anchored at the Rock to “leave Spanish territorial waters”. Royal Navy boats were deployed in response to the incident.

The boats that had been told to leave were ordered to remain by the Gibraltar Port Authority during the incident, which was branded “foolish” by a spokesman for the government of the British overseas territory.

“There is only nuisance value to these foolish games being played by those who don’t accept unimpeachable British sovereignty over the waters around Gibraltar as recognised by the whole world in the United Nations convention on the law of the sea,” the spokesman said. “It seems there are still some in the Spanish navy who think they can flout international law.”

Gibraltar’s government accused the Spanish ship of trying to take “executive action” against the commercial boats.

A crew member is heard in the recording asking the Spanish ship “to verify you are referring to our ship” because they are anchored in Gibraltar. “We are not adrift – we are at anchor now,” he says, before being told again to leave Spanish waters.

A statement released by the Gibraltar government said: “The Royal Navy deployed a launch and a rigid-hulled inflatable boat to the scene. After being challenged by the Royal Navy, the Spanish warship sailed slowly along the Gibraltar coast with its weapons uncovered and manned.”https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...british-waters
Are they cruising for a bruising or even as weak as the Royal Navy currently is are they prepared to risk another Spanish Armade scenario?

Jimbuna is online  
Old 02-18-19, 10:25 AM   #9179
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
And now we have one of our EU so-called partners starting to rattle their sabres over UK territory, namely Gibraltar.

Are they cruising for a bruising or even as weak as the Royal Navy currently is are they prepared to risk another Spanish Armade scenario?

I fear the risks are all yours. If Spain plays it serious, they can take Gibraltar, all advantages are on their side, the UK has no trump at all. Britain cannot hold Gibraltar by force (as long as it does not will to use nukes against Spain). And Madrid is strongly marching by imperial tunes again anyway, see their obsession about owning the Catalan people and saying they have a right to own this other people and that other people have no right to not wanting to be owned by them.

Any violence used over Gibraltar would probably rip NATO apart, but who cares anymore anyway?
Old 02-18-19, 11:02 AM   #9180
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

Any violence used over Gibraltar would probably rip NATO apart, but who cares anymore anyway?
Well I think we can jointly agree on this portion of your reply

Jimbuna is online  
Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics