SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-10-10, 01:20 PM   #91
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

@IABL, would you consider doing a lite pack with the units that look best & some skins for the less powerful systems? I think many people would wellcome it
Old 06-10-10, 01:24 PM   #92
Wreford-Brown
Sea Lord

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
@IABL, would you consider doing a lite pack with the units that look best & some skins for the less powerful systems? I think many people would welcome it

All my mods are available at MediaFire:
SH3 Mods
Other modders SH3 mods
SH4 Mods
...you can't please all of the people all of the time...
Wreford-Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-10, 04:33 PM   #93
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner View Post
@IABL

Quick question mate, are the two new skin packs good to use with your original MFM mod released Sunday? Or do I need to d/l 3.2? Also do I just enable all the skins via JSGME and they will show when the appropriate time date comes around, or, do I have to enable only those applicable to the year I am playing? Many thanks.

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
You have to enable the skins through JSGME. For instance, if you are playing between late 1942-1945, enable the last skin pack so that you will encounter lots of camoflaged ships.

As for a light version of the mod, I will look into that. I already have a mini-mod on my HD that only includes improved models for existing ships and some of my older releases, like the Empire Freighter - I might make that available soon.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-10, 06:54 PM   #94
pickinthebanjo
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 282

Well I tried the first release it crashed so I dumped all my mods, rolled back Commander then put it back on by itself, again it crashed. Then I tried version 3.2 by itself and it crashed

Any suggestions?
pickinthebanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-10, 07:43 PM   #95
BigBadVuk
Ensign

Downloads: 6

I downloaded 3.2 version,installed using JSGME on GWX 3.0.New career,deleted profile and started over from scratch.
And again when i start mission in 1939 i get CTD!!!

Phenom X2,2Gb DDr3.No other mods installed except GWX 3.0+16Km atmosphere.
I gues this MOD is not gonna work with my installation of SH3.Too bad
Old 06-10-10, 07:55 PM   #96
pickinthebanjo
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadVuk View Post
I downloaded 3.2 version,installed using JSGME on GWX 3.0.New career,deleted profile and started over from scratch.
And again when i start mission in 1939 i get CTD!!!

Phenom X2,2Gb DDr3.No other mods installed except GWX 3.0+16Km atmosphere.
I gues this MOD is not gonna work with my installation of SH3.Too bad
I'm about to try a new/Fresh install, then re-install GWX3 and see if that helps. Have you tried that yet?
Old 06-10-10, 08:12 PM   #97
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreford-Brown View Post
Seeding back up and running after my wife switched off the bloody computer.
I have got to 51.7% but has stopped!

Never mind, just started again!

Now stopped at 77.6%, (12th June) I must assume that his PC goes offline at bedtime!

Sub captains go down with their ship!

Last edited by Reece; 06-11-10 at 11:13 PM.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-10, 06:54 AM   #98
BigBadVuk
Ensign

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickinthebanjo View Post
I'm about to try a new/Fresh install, then re-install GWX3 and see if that helps. Have you tried that yet?
NOP, i quit!
GWX is ok by itself,i would rather play instead of uninstall and reinstall all day

maybe if i one day switch to win7 then i will reinstall all from start,then i will try again but until then i`ll just stick with GWX.
Old 06-11-10, 08:17 AM   #99
pickinthebanjo
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadVuk View Post
NOP, i quit!
GWX is ok by itself,i would rather play instead of uninstall and reinstall all day

maybe if i one day switch to win7 then i will reinstall all from start,then i will try again but until then i`ll just stick with GWX.
I'm giving it one more go on a clean install, I managed to get it working last night but it crashed when I went to the map and pressed ahead standerd
Old 06-11-10, 09:05 AM   #100
nik112
Captain

Downloads: 367
about ctd

ctd in campaign and museum

Last year when the mod was out i had the same problems, and somebody told me to broke the mod in smaller pieces and install via jsgme. i tried it and worked.
i ll try it tonight [breaking the mod in 5-6 parts] installing part by part when returning from a mission ex (installing part 1 --load campaign-return to port-installing part 2) etc...

cheers
nik112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-10, 09:32 AM   #101
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
I have got to 51.7% but has stopped!

Never mind, just started again!
I've told you before....keep feeding the leccy metre with them Aussie Pesos

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-10, 03:35 PM   #102
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

SUCCESS!!!

It tooks some bit of work, though. I had CTDs even with 3.2, so I removed it and this time got a crash even without it! So I took out all the mods, and it still crashed! "Well", thought I, "it looks like it's time for a fresh install."

"OH NO! I can't do a fresh install. Both my discs are somewhere in 500 square feet of storage space! It could take days to find them! And I don't want to go buy a third copy...I'm not rich!"

Then I remembered that I always keep a separate Stock 1.4b Data folder in a safe place, because sometimes I need a stock file for some reason on another. So I deleted the Data folder from SH3, made a copy of the spare and loaded it up. So now I'm looking at all the stock screens. "Hm, haven't seen those in awhile." And I load up the Museum. CRASH! So I try a campaign. CRASH!

I'm now thoroughly screwed, so what have I got to lose. I install GWX on top of it. I load up the Museum. CRASH! "Yup, thought so." I load up a campaign. "WHOA!" It loaded!

So, "What the heck?" I install MFM and start a new campaign. IT LOADED! So I set out the long way around Denmark from Kiel, just to keep the TC up, and docked in Liverpool (it's August, of course). What do you think I saw?

I saw several other ships as well, but they were all stock.

So it seems a complete fresh install of SH3 and GWX will do the trick, even if the 'install' is just a new stock Data folder. Needless to say, I'm happy as a clam. I'm thinking of installing the Skin Packs into SH3 Commander so they'll load by themselves at the appropriate dates.

AT LONG LAST LOVE!!!

[edit] I did notice one thing - both of the ships I saw in heavy weather were sinking because of it. Maybe they're small enought that that's to be expected. Just though I'd mention it.

Old 06-11-10, 04:46 PM   #103
melnibonian
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 90

IBL is there any reason why some flags on the hulls are backwards? It is not a show stopper obviously but I was just wondering if there is a specific reason why you designed them like that.

Quote:
I'm thinking of installing the Skin Packs into SH3 Commander so they'll load by themselves at the appropriate dates
Steve if you manage to do that I am interested. I thought about it as well but I am not 100% sure on how to do it. Any help you can offer will be most appreciated.

Top quality ships IBL. I haven't managed to sink any yet but I hope that will change soon
melnibonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-10, 04:52 PM   #104
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by melnibonian View Post
IBL is there any reason why some flags on the hulls are backwards? It is not a show stopper obviously but I was just wondering if there is a specific reason why you designed them like that.

Steve if you manage to do that I am interested. I thought about it as well but I am not 100% sure on how to do it. Any help you can offer will be most appreciated.

Top quality ships IBL. I haven't managed to sink any yet but I hope that will change soon
Mostly due to texturing limitations - it's not my strongest skill. Right before the mod was released I finally designed some symmetrical ship hulls from scratch, but using them would have delayed the mod by many months.

Also, some hull flags were in fact backwards - I think that painting neutrality marks was left up to the individual ship masters, and this was an occasional error (see the pic of the "Comol Rico" below - stripes should be "trailing" astern, not pointing to her bow).

These improved merchant hulls will be included in Wolves of the Kaiser (if I get it done!)
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-10, 05:06 PM   #105
melnibonian
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 90

Thanks for the quick reply.

I must say we've been waiting for years for your mod but it was worthy in the end.
melnibonian is offline   Reply With Quote