SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > Wolfpack
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-06-17, 09:13 PM   #1
getbac
Watch

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 0
Default mods and jsgme

this noob is having trouble finding how to install mods or what folder to put them in... I dl'd Websters new bar menu to try to learn but am not sure if I need the jsgme or not (have no clue what that is). Am also running the game from steam but in a totally separate folder from windows or the program files. I have it under a D drive under a games folder. Anyway if any of you could direct me to the forums installation of such stuff I'd sure appreciate it. don't mean to be a bother but am spending more time searching than I am playin .. thanx as always
Old 02-07-17, 08:23 AM   #2
Commander Wallace
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 360

Welcome to Subsim getbac.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4725

This is to download the JSGME enabling device as uploaded from Sober.

This is the Blitzkrieg version. Blitzkrieg is a subsim member who has done much to help people get the most out of their respective sims.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom//dow...o=file&id=4653

Further, this is a complete description of the JSGME enabling device from JScones
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...ighlight=jsgme

The mods themselves are placed in the left part of JSGME and enabled to the right using the arrows. Changes are reversible as well. The Mega mods by contrast are not enabled or activated this way but instead are placed inside the game folder.

Good luck.

This is a repost in answer to another new member with the same question.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=229436

I also posted this to new member Duke Robinson in response to questions he had.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=229461

The easiest method for downloading GWX is of course to download it. I would burn it off to a DVD as a backup but a flashdrive works just as well.

1) load Silent hunter into a file folder not associated with the default path like pictures or desktop for example. * very Important, don't close the window or click finish after loading the initial SH3 files.*

2) if you are using an older version of SH3, run starforce removal tool. If you don't have it or can't find it, let me know.

3) add the Ubi SH3 1.4 patch. It will find the SH3 directory on it's own without prompting.

4) Add GWX or the Megamod of your choice. Place and load these files in the same directory as the initial SH3 install.

5 ) There are files available which allows SH3 to be played without the DVD. These files are placed in that game folder as well. When placed, allow the new files to overwrite the old ones. after finishing this,

You can now click finish on the original SH3 install.

I hope this helps. This should get you started. If you have any problems, let us know.

Any " megamod " are placed in the folder with the Initial install of Silent hunter. The JSGME " Mod Enabler " is used for the smaller mods but they can also be placed in the folder as well. The advantages of JSGME is that mods can be enabled / disabled at will.

Hopefully, this will have you on your way getbac.

Regards.

https://bitbucket.org/ermo/s2u_ucp/w...ed_version.png Images for JSGME
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-17, 12:43 PM   #3
getbac
Watch

Thank you so much for the info.... kinda lost as you can probably tell. Loving the game!
Old 02-07-17, 07:19 PM   #4
Commander Wallace
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 360

I was more than happy to supply you with the Info, getbac. You're not lost, just new to Subsim and gaming I'm guessing. We have all been there and relied on other people to help us along and answer our questions. You will find many here that that are willing to help you. TheBerbster is an example of another Subsim member who is helpful and knows a great deal.

If you have any Issues or problems after reading the material I listed, let us know and we will try to help you sort through everything.

Regards.

Edit: I see what you mean about the links that I sent you being inactive. I will see what I can do about them. Perhaps If a moderator sees this post, they might have an answer about the links.

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 02-07-17 at 08:24 PM.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-17, 03:09 AM   #5
getbac
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
I was more than happy to supply you with the Info, getbac. You're not lost, just new to Subsim and gaming I'm guessing. We have all been there and relied on other people to help us along and answer our questions. You will find many here that that are willing to help you. TheBerbster is an example of another Subsim member who is helpful and knows a great deal.

If you have any Issues or problems after reading the material I listed, let us know and we will try to help you sort through everything.

Regards.

Edit: I see what you mean about the links that I sent you being inactive. I will see what I can do about them. Perhaps If a moderator sees this post, they might have an answer about the links.
Hope you get it fixed....... I see what you mean about help being available, I just gotta get smart enough to ask the right questions. I'm learnin, took me a while to figure out how to use the 7zip program along with the jsgme program. Just got my last dl to work so will get there. I'm all about the trip not the destination! Appreciate all of you guys, thanx much