SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-28-13, 05:36 AM   #1336
BlinkieleBlind
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

a couple of questions that i am unclear about.

1) to enable a scope mod your instructions state
Quote:
To install a scope mod open the folder of the scope mod you want to use and copy the main folder to your \MODS folder (selecting the correct aspect ratio)
so inside eg the arclight mod there are the aspect ratios and than a data file. if i copy the data file into the /MODS file it just sits there when enabled and this does not make sense.
do you not have to copy the data file into the main data file in the SHV directory?

2) i notice that there is a generic patch enabler in the TDW folder under applications (im using the subscriber all in one download). can i use that enabler instead of the latest one on the link as it seems to be the same version. If so how do i go about this.

I tried to sort this all out yesterday but when i started a campaign i got a CTD (had to edit the tutorial completed file [i now notice that you seem to have removed this advice from the forum])

last thing. I downloaded the latest MEP file from 28/01 but when i try to load it using JSGME i get errors telling me the files are missing even though i see them, has the version of the all-in-one dl gone out of date? (got it yesterday 27/01)

sorry for all the text
Old 01-29-13, 08:33 PM   #1337
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Just noticed that your modlist includes:

Equipment Upgrade Fixes v1.4 Patch 1 HotFix

but not:

Equipment Upgrade Fixes v1.4 Patch 1

Is that normal? isn't the hotfix supposed to be enabled on top of the patch
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-13, 11:01 PM   #1338
Navuhodonosor
Engineer

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Just noticed that your modlist includes:

Equipment Upgrade Fixes v1.4 Patch 1 HotFix

but not:

Equipment Upgrade Fixes v1.4 Patch 1

Is that normal? isn't the hotfix supposed to be enabled on top of the patch
Huh i remember that I read somewhere that that way is OK but kill me if I can remember where.
Old 01-30-13, 07:06 AM   #1339
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navuhodonosor View Post
Huh i remember that I read somewhere that that way is OK but kill me if I can remember where.

there are upgrade entries in UpgradePacks.upc of EUF base mod which are no longer defined in Weapons.upc of EUF Patch 1 HotFix.

The latter is clearly designed over the UpgradePacks.upc found in EUF Patch 1 . As far as I can see by merely looking at the files, using EUF Patch 1 HotFix without the Patch itself, we would miss some new upgrades (introduced with the patch), and some of the old ones (featured in base mod) would lack their respective equipment definition (replaced in the hotfix with new definitions).

I am sorry if my explainations are a bit confusing, but I wouldn't know how to explain it better
Old 01-30-13, 07:27 AM   #1340
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

also completely reworked the snorkel in the patch1..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-13, 07:52 AM   #1341
Navuhodonosor
Engineer

Downloads: 54

Clearly my oversight, no need to explain better Thanks guys
Old 01-30-13, 07:55 AM   #1342
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
also completely reworked the snorkel in the patch1..
exactly!
Old 01-30-13, 03:24 PM   #1343
Smurfie
Swabbie

Downloads: 46

Being lazy and also not very smart, there are a few things that i don't understand.
-What is the final "official" way of starting the campaign with these mods? At first it was said one could do the tutorial with OHII but when i loaded the game post-mod installing, got constant CTDs. then i did the tutorial without any mod and when i loaded the game later, i couldn't select a mission and when starting a new campaign, got CTDs after the loading screen disappeared.
-installing/running TDW's patcher is supposed to be done before, after or while installing the mod soup? oh and is any of the mods included in the download necessary? (saw a tutorial video in which some files were copied into the UI mod before installing that one so it confused me even more ).
Hopefully that's it but i can't promise no further noob-spamming will follow

Last edited by Smurfie; 01-31-13 at 01:25 PM.
Smurfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-13, 09:14 PM   #1344
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Deleted the inertia mods from the mods list Mods List 1100 01/02/2013
************************************************** ************************************************** *************
How to start the campaign using sobers mega mod list .

Enable all the mods with the mod enabler (jsgme) .
Start the game and start a new campaign then click start .
Once the tutorial animation finishes (about a minute) exit the game .
Go to Documents\SH5\data\cfg\CareerHistory
Change this line with notepad HasCompletedTutorial=false to HasCompletedTutorial=true
Start the game and click on New Campaign / accept / type in silentotto while on the choose campaign screen to show all the hidden campaigns .
Click on a campaign (if you click on Coastal Waters then choose Skip Tutorial ) then click on Start .
Once in the bunker hit the Esc key and click on Load Game and load the Autosave Enter Base Save again.
Once in the bunker hit the Esc key and go to the in game difficulty options and choose your options .
Go back to the bunker again and click on the technical officer to enter the upgrade screen .
Choose the rotating hydrophone and then exit the upgrade screen .
Click on the flotilla commander and when on the briefing map click on Skip to stop the animation then choose a mission by clicking on an iron cross then click on request mission.
The Baltic Operations objective on the top left will turn orange (if chosen coastal Waters as the campaign start) .
Click on the X on the mission briefing map top right of the screen to exit out of the mission briefing map .
Click on the flotilla commander again and choose Lets start the new patrol.

************************************************** ************************************************** ******************
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-13, 09:50 PM   #1345
Smurfie
Swabbie

After installing the mods one by one, turns out my game crashes when starting a new campaign, having "TDW FX Fix for Sobers chimney smoke" enabled. Makes no sense to me, since it only crashed on a new campaign. Tried a few of Trevally's tutorials and the game loaded fine, loaded the save after having done the tutorial and the game loaded fine. Though I must point out that this happened before the new instructions were posted so maybe it will work now?
Old 01-31-13, 10:31 PM   #1346
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfie View Post
After installing the mods one by one, turns out my game crashes when starting a new campaign, having "TDW FX Fix for Sobers chimney smoke" enabled. Makes no sense to me, since it only crashed on a new campaign. Tried a few of Trevally's tutorials and the game loaded fine, loaded the save after having done the tutorial and the game loaded fine. Though I must point out that this happened before the new instructions were posted so maybe it will work now?
Just use the new mod list and follow the new starting instructions . It works 100% every time . cheers .
Old 02-01-13, 12:59 AM   #1347
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

added a couple of more mods and fixed one up .
1600 01/02/2013
Old 02-01-13, 08:42 AM   #1348
Smurfie
Swabbie

"We would like you to experience all the frustrations a uboat captain had , and thats just installing the game and mods ." How true
Thank you for your effort, Sober and all those who made these mods. Works like a charm with the new instructions and i see that Grossdeutscher Rundfunk is back (i sort of wanted that one in

Edit: Ok there might be something (gah). When using the tool helper in the map screen, the bearing tool is placed above the tool itself (ruler/compass), making it difficult to plot a course (impossible if you want to plot any course towards North cause the ruler will never intersect the tool). Is this the way it's supposed to be or i've done something wrong?

Last edited by Smurfie; 02-01-13 at 09:23 AM.
Old 02-01-13, 11:05 AM   #1349
vivieehk
Seaman

Downloads: 35

it is such a great mega mod!
it is time for me to take my ship back to the sea.
Thx you
vivieehk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-13, 04:49 PM   #1350
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfie View Post
"We would like you to experience all the frustrations a uboat captain had , and thats just installing the game and mods ." How true
Thank you for your effort, Sober and all those who made these mods. Works like a charm with the new instructions and i see that Grossdeutscher Rundfunk is back (i sort of wanted that one in

Edit: Ok there might be something (gah). When using the tool helper in the map screen, the bearing tool is placed above the tool itself (ruler/compass), making it difficult to plot a course (impossible if you want to plot any course towards North cause the ruler will never intersect the tool). Is this the way it's supposed to be or i've done something wrong?
There is a lot of info in the stoianm tutorials
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=181538
Here is how i plot a course for general travelling.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...79&postcount=4

Last edited by THE_MASK; 02-01-13 at 05:07 PM.