SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-03-18, 06:29 PM   #1
Kelly621
Officer

Downloads: 336
Uploads: 0
Default H.sie Patch V16B1 problem

Hi all,

Picked up a new computer last year and finally got around to installing SH3 on it. Followed Bliztkrieg's excellent instruction for installing SH3 from the old copy-protected DVD. Everything seemed to go well as it has in the past when I've installed from my old DVD. Used multicopy to set up my GWX, NYGM and LSH installs. All three mega mods run fine. However, when I run H.sei's SH3patch.bat on any of the three SH3.exe's it tells me that the SH3.exe is not compatible.
H.sie's patch has always worked smoothly for me in the past. Other then a new PC I have followed the procedures to the letter. I have installed, uninstalled and cleaned my register about three times now and the results are always the same....not compatible. Never had this problem before...Any help will certainly be appreciated

Kelly621
Kelly621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-18, 08:59 PM   #2
stork100
Weps

Downloads: 92

Hi,

I can think of some possibilities:

- Is SH3.exe checked 'read only' in properties? It should be un-checked.

- Has SH3.exe already had the 4GB patch applied to it? That would cause the problem.

- Permissions with folder options might need adjustment.

- Or perhaps it has something to do with the multi-install, afraid I'm not familiar with it.

Sounds like a simple problem though. Hopefully someone else will have the solution if none of the above apply. Good luck!
stork100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-18, 09:32 PM   #3
Kelly621
Officer

Default H.sei patch problem

Stork100,
Thanks for the reply, but no cigar 4g patch had not been applied, the read only was not checked, not installed in the Program X86 directory etc. It's frustrating since I have never had this problem with past installs of H.sei's patch. Only thing that has changed from previous installs is a new PC, which should not make any difference.

Time to let this go for the evening and start fresh tomorrow with another uninstall...registry clean up....fresh install and try again.

Kelly 621
Old 09-04-18, 01:40 AM   #4
Kelly621
Officer

Default H.sei patch problem solved

Simple fix....downloaded H.sei patch kit instead of using the copy I had stored on dvd. Worked fine...apparently one of the tool files was corrupt in the copy I had on disk. What's the saying in troubleshooting? "keep it simple, stupid"

Kelly 621

Last edited by Kelly621; 09-04-18 at 01:56 AM.
Old 09-07-18, 08:29 AM   #5
ExFishermanBob
Difficulties Numbing

Downloads: 43

Oh yes - and it's nearly always the obvious thing that you didn't bother to check as that would be just too simple. This morning a local shopkeeper said that their monitor was displaying a strangely narrow picture. I went through just about every setting with no joy, then finally looked at the buttons on the monitor: surprise! Touched one of them and the screen toggled back to normal.

The 'buttons' were static-charge operated and one must have got touched by the papers on the user's desk. Had I gone for the simple first...grr.
ExFishermanBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-18, 10:26 PM   #6
Kelly621
Officer

Default yep

I think we are hard wired to always go for the most complex approach