Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-18, 05:27 AM   #151
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

We have had two recent highway tragedies on our little island. In one a man driving an SUV crossed the highway and hit a utility truck head on. The man was killed and three occupants of the truck were injured.

In another case a man driving one of those three wheeled motorcycles hit a curb went off the road and crashed. His wife who was the passenger was killed and he was injured. Both accidents seemed to involve careless driving by men.

Just saying.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 07-21-18, 09:28 AM   #152
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

No you're quite right... of course there is a lot of careless driving by men too
Old 09-13-18, 01:26 PM   #153
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

We were coming home on a country road earlier and a woman driver careered around the bend ahead on the wrong side of the road. She'd decided to round the bend on the inside (just like a rally driver) and shave maybe one twentieth of a second off her journey time. How she was able to see around the bend and know it was safe to do so I guess I'll never find out.

Fortunately we were not close enough to have been in any real danger ourselves from this reckless driver who, nonetheless, is still classed as a better driver than me and most other of her male counterparts
Old 09-17-18, 10:07 AM   #154
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Default Two similar, both on the same day...

Twice today a woman driver has sped round a bend towards me on my side of the road to get past cars parked on hers

Whenever I have to come onto the second of these roads, I pass this ever present line of stationary vehicles with care, always ready to stop and reverse if need be. Not only that, it's a residential street and often with many kids playing

But I had to brake when this superior driver suddenly appeared, racing around the bend towards me, but I stuck it out and waited while she squeezed in between two parked cars

Earlier in the day, another superior blonde-haired being came careering around a car parked on the inside of a bend in another street, forcing me to brake again whilst I was positioned correctly on my own side of the road

I think in future when I have to travel past parked cars like this I should fire a red flare out the window to warn off any oncoming women drivers
Old 09-17-18, 01:03 PM   #155
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Twice today a woman driver has sped round a bend towards me on my side of the road to get past cars parked on hers
PERHAPS SHE WAS ON A BENDER AND 'GONE 'ROUND THE BEND'??!! SERIOUSLY: IF A KNOWN TRAFFIC MAL-CONDITION ARISES; ADVISE YOUR LOCAL CONSTABULARY TO SET UP A TRAFFIC OFFICER TO MONITOR THE SITUATION; ISSUE TICKETS WHICH IS A REVENUE SOURCE AND MAYBE ALTER THE LEGAL PARKING THAT IS INITIATING THE DANGEROUS HEADON COLLISION LANE SHIFT PROBLEM. AT THE VERY LEAST: A DOUBLE YELLOW LINE WHICH PROHIBITS A LANE SHIFT IE: VIOLATION 'FAILURE TO REMAIN RIGHT OF A DOUBLE YELLOW LINE'
OR ITS BRIISH EQUIVALENT SHOULD BE PAINTED ALONG WITH A NO PARKING ZONE FOR THE LOCALE.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 09-17-18, 02:15 PM   #156
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

There are a lot of older streets where the houses were built before general ownership of cars, so they don't have driveways. This of course results in line-parking in streets where only one vehicle at a time can then get through.

Generally you can see far enough ahead to know when you're okay, but of course when there's a blind bend you just have to go on gingerly and trust to luck. If it's your right of way and you've just entered the 'danger zone' then still the polite thing to do is back up and let the other driver come on. Double lines are of course no use here. But when a driver speeds around this blind bend then whichever way he/she is travelling, he/she is plainly reckless.

But apparently the statistics show that women drivers do not take risks
Old 09-17-18, 02:47 PM   #157
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
...were built before general ownership of cars,...blind bend then whichever way he/she is travelling, he/she is plainly reckless.
WE KNOW ALL ABOUT YOUR WRECKLESS LADIES ON THE ROADWAY ! NUTHIN' GOOD GOES OUTTA STYLE BBY!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 09-17-18, 09:21 PM   #158
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
But apparently the statistics show that women drivers do not take risks
Apparently you are the only male driver to ever travel that road.
Old 11-23-18, 12:44 PM   #159
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Old 11-23-18, 03:48 PM   #160
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

I wonder if government should enact a law demanding some women drivers attend a psycological evalution before allowing them to operate a motor vehicle.

That should help reduce a lot of problems. Allowng other drivers a safer environment.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 11-23-18, 07:37 PM   #161
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

I saw a bloke busy on his smart phone who was getting a blast from car horns at the traffic lights on green!

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 11-23-18, 08:44 PM   #162
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Probably was a woman that called him. She could have caused an accident.

Old 11-23-18, 08:55 PM   #163
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

What a nasty woman!!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is online  
Old 11-23-18, 09:00 PM   #164
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

The person who tried to kill me last Wednesday night was a man who felt he needed to cut through dense traffic in a construction zone, with no shoulders, in the rain, and already going 10 MPH over the speed limit. So what's this about women being bad drivers?

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 11-23-18, 10:14 PM   #165
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
The person who tried to kill me last Wednesday night was a man who felt he needed to cut through dense traffic in a construction zone, with no shoulders, in the rain, and already going 10 MPH over the speed limit. So what's this about women being bad drivers?

Hey, just think how disastrous it could have been if a man had not been behind the wheel of that car! You could've been kilt ded.

Closed Thread